“Can't wait to go back!”

Elixor Restaurant-Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Elixor Restaurant-Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 697 Restaurants in Laval
Price range: US$17 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We went because we had seen so many positive reviews, and we were not disappointed. Our waiter was friendly, courteous and professional. We ordered the fish and chips, which was cooked perfectly, light, golden crunchy batter with tender, melt in your mouth cod filet inside, and it was not greasy. The fries were nicely seasoned. Overall it was a great dining experience, and I'm sure we will be going back!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My friends and I often go to this restaurant for salads. They have a good selection and they are all excellent, fresh and tasty. There is a good selection of meat, fish and pasta on their menu. We enjoy eating at Elixor and the personnel is very courteous. Also, it is located near our homes and there is plenty of parking spaces. In the Summer, I like sitting on the terrase always clean and beautifully decorated with plants and flowers.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went here for dinner before going to see a movie next door on my birthday and this place was amazing. Our waiter was very helpful to help us make choices. The pricing is a little high but I will be going back because we had a good time here. I have yet to try the location on Sources which is on my list.

2  Thank AnthonyJa86
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Yes, this is the the American restaurant The Cheesecake Factory. This isn't a bad thing, but my wife and I and our friends were a little surprised when we walked into this place. Not only does it look like the American chain, it's menu is also extremely similar. Obviously the choices are a little different and have different names, but within moments we were all swearing we were back in the US. That being said, I only rate this as average for its lack of originality. The food and drinks are solid and the service is pretty good. Overall, it's worth a stop.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This Elixor restaurant is located within the trendy Centropolis, considered the "downtown" of Laval.

We were greeted warmly by the hostess and brought to our table.

Our server took a while to even come to the table to greet us and take our drink order. The restaurant was not busy. When she eventually came, she asked our friend if he wanted milkshakes with his kids' kids meals. When she arrived witt these massive glasses for 2 little girls, she was asked if this is what the kids mean came with. No actually, there was a $10 surcharge and no, the drinks that came with the kids meal were not offered by the server. This was inappropriate and hardly honest.

Refills on soft drinks, while included on the menu, were never offered by our server throughout.

After some delay, the meal orders were finally taken.

By way of illustration for the meals ordered:

Pad Thai: this was unfortunately flavorless and had no tofu, which is quite odd by definition.

Chicken Pallazo: this dish in the description notes shredded cheese as part of the ingredients. I'll get to that in a moment. By way of taste, the chicken was dry, there was very little sauce and overall there was not much flavour. Very disappointing.

I had mentioned the shredded cheese as part of the description of the dish. When ordering, the server asked if I wanted shredded cheese on top and baked - like chicken parmigiana style. Why yes, that sounds nice. When the bill came, there was an extra $2.50 charge for shredded cheese. A quick perusal of our table was each of the other 3 couples' bills also had some mystery surcharge or another. This appears to be this restaurant's M.O. Highly unethical. This is not the same as being asked for sautéed mushrooms for your steak - everyone knows that's an extra. What was added as extras to our bills were either listed on the menu as part of the meal or at the very least was very deceptive.

Having had enough, I simply deducted the phony charge from our server's already reduced tip (I have no time or patience to make a scene or argue with a server) and left.

As an aside the prices were moderate but given the above, not a good value.

More importantly, I have left this honest and candid review, so fellow trip advisor users can be forewarned to stay away from Elixor in Laval. There s nothing redeeming about the place and we would definitely not recommend it.

If you thought this review was helpful, please let me now by clicking on "yes-helpful". I do so for other reviewers as we rely on trip advisor for honest advice before trying new places :)

11  Thank TravellingTFP