“completely comfortable”

Hotel Le Crystal
Ranked #12 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We have stayed at Hotel Le Crystal at least 10 times - great location very close to NHL rink, galley kitchen, huge bathrooms, close to shopping at Ogilvy's and the best of St Catherine's Shopping. Excellent service - this is our favorite place to stay in Montreal.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sledxl
There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Crystal

Reviewed 9 December 2011

I chose this hotel because it was all-suites. Unfortunately, it looks a lot better on its website than in person. It is drab -- ugly beige couch, ugly carpeting, cheap particle board doors. The kingsize bed wasn't very comfortable and the pillows were worse. They're huge, hard things that feel like they have a layer of plastic underneath the ticking and pillowcase. So every time you try to get comfortable, they crinkle. The things I liked about the room were the deep bathtub and free wifi. And there's a kitchenette, which I didn't need. The hotel itself is well located, just down the block from St Catherine St, near Ogilvy and the Apple store.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Susannah111
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This hotel is in a great location in downtown Montreal. The Bell Centre is only one block away, and in the opposite direction is St. Catherine's St, with excellent shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms are all suites, so you have a lot of space regardless. One side has a place with a child care...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JPP566
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I always love the ability to get outside at a hotel in the middle of the city. The outdoor hot tub was fantastic, with great views of the city from the roof top. The spa, fitness center, and pool is like an oasis. The rooms are modern, and the bathrooms top notch. My wife and I also enjoyed the hotel restaurant (above average for hotel restaurants!). This is a nice sized hotel, which is more appealing than the big ones with too many people, tours, and activity everywhere. .

2  Thank John H
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I am from Montreal and was looking for one day get away! Our experience at the hotel was great. The front desk staff was very welcoming and very polite. We didn`t even leave the building from check in to check out. Evening in the 12th floor jacuzzi, great night sleep and then breakfast in bed. A great get away to relax!

Room Tip: Ask for a king size bed!
2  Thank ST-MTL
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I booked Le Crystal to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday as we were going to a Habs game and had already heard good things about the hotel. We were not disappointed. From the moment we arrived until our departure everything about our stay was wonderful. We were welcomed with a room upgrade and very pleasantly surprised by the complimentary bottle of wine waiting in our room along with a card wishing my husband a happy birthday. The room was spacious with a beautiful, pristine bathroom (this is a huge plus for me) and the incredible rooftop hot tub provided us with some lovely, quiet adult time. I would highly recommend this hotel to couples wishing to stay in the heart of Montreal. We will most definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Lana J
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Le Crystal was ALMOST perfect. That being said let me get my one negative point, that dropped it from 5 to 4 stars on my experience, out of the way first.

The "computerized comfort settings" (lighting, heating, TV, etc.), in my experience were overly annoying. I understand the idea behind them and if I were staying here by myself they would probably be a very cool feature. But I was staying in a Deluxe Suite with 3 other guys (we were in Montréal for a bachelor party). You have to put a key-card in a slot right by the door in order to control the settings of the room's electronics (including the TV). The problem comes up when the person who has their key in the slot decides to run out for beer and they take their card out... and everything in the room turns off. The first time it happened we all thought there was a power outage. That lasted about 5 minutes until we figured out that someone has to keep their card in the slot at all times, while we're in the room.

There now that I got that out of the way on to the rest of the review, which is all positive.

The Crystal is an absolutely beautiful hotel! The suite we had was roomy enough for 4 grown men to sleep, without overlapping each other... and we were able to comfortably entertain a few guests during the early evening in the living room area. The fridge was large enough to fit about 20 beer bottles. The bedroom with a king sized bed was used by "the groom" so I can't really comment, aside from it being decent sized with pretty cool sliding "frosted" glass doors. The bathroom was as big as some budget hotels' bedrooms... actually I think one of our guys ended up passing out in the tub. Our view was nice overlooking rue Rene Levesque & the Bell Centre. The complimentary WiFi signal was very strong as well...

But the crown jewel of the place, for me anyway, was the top floor pool and jacuzzi area. Taking a post-dinner dip in the pool is always fun... but absolute relaxation is reached when your sitting in a outdoors hot tub, sipping an ice cold beer, overlooking the picturesque Montréal skyline. I could definitely get used to that kind of living!

I'm more of a "value over luxury" type of traveler so places like this are usually never on my radar, but I can definitely appreciate how the other half live when given the opportunity. I would recommend this hotel for couples looking for a perfect, romantic experience (they have customizable packages). Also bachelor parties that need a bit more room then just a bed, four walls, and a bathroom. But that being said, this is a extremely upscale place and respectfulness should go without saying.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends