“Clean hotel, Nice rooms, Perfect location”
Review of Hotel Le Crystal

Hotel Le Crystal
Ranked #12 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed with our two young children for a weekend in February. Our suite was clean and had an excellent layout (large bathroom, semi-private bedroom with queen bed and living room with pull-out couch), and kitchenette. The bathroom was gorgeous, the queen bed was comfortable, and the pull-out couch was quite lumpy. Housekeeping was outstanding. A somewhat overpowering floral odour seemed to permeate the entire hotel from entering the lobby, only abating once we'd been in our room for a while, but fortunately did not trouble my husband's or son's asthma. The location is unbeatable for proximity to the Bell Centre and Rue St. Catharine. Prices are very reasonable and the pool and outdoor rooftop hot tub are just lovely. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Eric_Hamel, Directeur général at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello NBChrista,

Thank you for your great comments. Our suite are perfect for Family gateway.
Since February, we modified our aroma in our lobby to have something more discreet. You will love it.
See you soon again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,826)

999 - 1,005 of 1,826 reviews

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just spent a lovely weekend in Montreal and loved Le Crystal - I think I had one of the best night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel (I woke up briefly in the middle of the night and was pretty sure I was in my own bed...that says a lot). Front desk staff lovely, suite bijou and really well laid out. loved the 2-person shower. Nice Molton & Brown bath products a great little perk. I'd not only stay again, but would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Eric_Hamel, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear JuliasOttawa,

I'm glad that you love your stay with us. We worked hard with our partner to create a new bedding experience by changing our duvet, adding a feather bed and new pillows. As you, we believe that a good night sleep is very important.

See you soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at Hôtel Le Crystal last Monday and tried their Executive Suite. Wow!
I often have to travel for business and it was one of the best rooms I ever had the chance to stay in. Great property, centrally located next to all the best attractions that Montreal has to offer.
The hotel itself is stunning, loved the architecture, the clean decor and the warm service.
Do not miss their 12th floor pool and hot tub; I think it is one of the best views of Montreal!
I also tried their restaurant for dinner, La Coupole. Food was amazing. Great quality for the price. It was rainy, but their covered terrace is perfect, rain or shine.
Will go back!

Room Tip: You need to try the Diamond Collection..Rooms are the most comfortable and larger in Montreal...grea...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J G
Eric_Hamel, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello J G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hôtel. We had a great experience with us, this is why we are here. As you mentionned, our newly terrace is the perfect urban downtown oasis.
See you soon,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had arranged for a block of rooms for guests to our wedding with an acquaintance who worked there. She unfortunately left her position at the hotel therefore someone I did not know took over the file and was not as interested in our needs. it seemed that everything we needed was a bother and had a $ to it. In the end, the hotel staff were wonderful and the restaurant staff very helpful and gracious for the sunday afternoon get together in my room as well as for the breakfast the following morning. thanks to the staff for making a potential stressful situatiion work out very well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountain
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Eric_Hamel, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hello Claire B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It's nice to read about our wonderful staff. I will pass the info to our team. I understand the stressful situation to start working with someone and have your event transfered to someone else that doesn't have a relationship developped. It's always a sad situation to have a great talented employee leaving our company.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good hotel for the weekend. The suites are large and consist of two rooms which is great if you're traveling with kids. The suites include a kitchenette. The bathroom was large and clean. The decor is modern and clean. The fitness centre/spa is on the 12th floor and so there are great views of the city. The breakfast was ok, not great. You have to pay for valet parking or park somewhere off site which can be a challenge. Overall, the location is great, one block from Bell Centre and one block from St.Catherine.

Room Tip: Construction site to the east of the hotel so ask for north or south facing rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello TravellingAT,
Thank you for your review. I do appreciate your great comments about our Hotel. Location is key as you mentionned.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Le Crystal. The location is great as it's right in the heart of downtown and in easy walking distance to restaurants and shops. It is also around the corner from the Bell Center. We would also suggest grabbing a meal at the Italian restaurant across the street from the hotel called "Il Campari Centro"

We had an executive suite as we were celebrating a 35th Birthday party. The room was beautiful. It was spacious and overlooked the Bell Center. The bathroom was huge! We had a stand alone tub, a large glass shower with two shower heads, and who doesn't like bath robes to lounge in.
The beds were comfy as was the sitting area in the separate room.

We didn't get a chance to check out anything outside of our room that the hotel offered. So can't talk about the spa, hot tub or hotel restaurant.

A couple issues we did have was check in was at 3pm and our room was not available until 4:15pm. I had even requested an early check in if possible, because we were celebrating a special weekend, so it was a little annoying to be forced to check in late. The room was clean, but they must have used all the cleaning sprays they could on the room, because there was a strong smell of cleaning chemicals. So those are the only 2 downfalls of our experience. On a different visit, these things may not even be an issue.

Besides that, we enjoyed our stay and we would stay here again. The amenities are great. The hotel is pricey but it's to be expected for the location and for the quality of the rooms. My brother also rented a room the same night and although I did not see their room, they said it was huge and they thought the hotel was great.

Room Tip: We had a corner executive suite (on the 10 floor) and it was bright and had windows everywhere.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Julie C,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments. You pointed out great thing about our location, the comfort of our room and our huge bathroom. I'm sorry for the inconvenient of the check-in. We do our really best to speed the process of cleaning our suites to welcome our next guests.

See you soon for business or couple gateway again

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Just finished my visit to montreal and this is the second time to stay in this hotel I liked it last time
Excellent location and spacious suites and very good amenities but this time the house keeping was terrible
The suite was dirty , we have to call for refills coffee or sweeteners, the workers don't Speak English and the master bathroom curtain is filthy
Plus the in room breakfast wasn't good we had eggs for six morning they never made it the way we ordered and finally no sound isolation the emergency sirens made my son wake up everyone they pass by the hotel

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Bakirdawood78

Hello Bakirdawood78,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm disappointed about the experience you had with us. Be sure that I reviewed your comments with our team to make sure to correct issues. We strive to provide great service to our guests. They only way to succed is to get feedback from our client.
During your next visit, it will be my pleasure to take care personnaly of your experience