“Great hotel!!”

Hotel Le Crystal
Ranked #13 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Wonderful stay here in Montreal at Hotel Le Crystal. Bed and pillows were so comfortable, bathroom roomy, and front desk extremely helpful with suggestions. Pool and outdoor hot tub were a treat at the end of long sightseeing days. Great location with a 5 minute walk to the metro which took us everywhere in the city. 2 blocks from the bus stop which we took to and from the airport. We will stay here again next time in Montreal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Eric_Hamel, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hello terri51723,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will share your review with our team. It's always a pleasure to read a guest comments.
Hope to see you again with your family or on business

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I typically like to stay in brand name hotels due to points, status, etc... however this was close to our business and all other colleagues were staying here. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and would stay here again next time we come to Montreal.

I'm a fan of having a separate living area from the bed and this room did not disappoint. Spacious living quarters to relax and or get work done in with all the amenities you would expect from a high class hotel. The bed was probably one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in in a very long time. Honestly was like sleeping on a pillow the whole time. Loved it.

The dual sinks in the bathroom were nice if you have your significant other with you, however I would add as my only criticism is the space between the tap and the sink. The tap should be about 6 inches higher. Other then that there isn't much else to critique on this hotel and would recommend anyone travelling for business or even as a couple to come here.

Next time I'll have to try the outdoor hot tub on the 12th floor, I didn't get a chance to since we ate out late each time.

Room Tip: Have only been once before so not sure at this time. I would ensure you stay in a Deluxe room or hi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Eric_Hamel, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hello ShaunEdm,

Thank you for your review. You are really pointing out all advantages a traveller has:
Condo style Suite - separate living area from the bed
Most comfortable bed (our newly bedding put in place in May)
Amazing bathroom with dual sinks, glass rain shower and large bath tub
See you soon during your next business trip

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Not a 5 star or even 4 star, but a very good 3+ star hotel. You will get what you are looking for in a hotel of this class: a quiet and clean room, excellent location near all the major tourist (and business) sites; and a friendly staff. The lobby is clean but not luxurious and beware the food service. A recent review commenting about the "substandard" breakfast was right on the money. One of the worst hotel breakfasts delivered by room service I have ever had (and I have had a lot of them). Breakfast: Cold, poor quality, bad portion sizes and super expensive (80 US for 2), means you should look outside the hotel to eat (dozens of choices right near the hotel anyway). But that was the only real off-putting moment at the hotel. The Concierge staff (especially Melane) was very helpful and was able to get us in to a couple of very exclusive and hard to get restaurant reservations in town. For the price, hotel has a lot of value to offer, but don't expect 4-5 star level rooms or services.

Hello Shoredevil,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I'm glad to read about the cleaniness of the Hotel and Suites, exclusive service of our Concierge Mylène, quiet Hotel and our Location. About our Room Service, it's really not up to our Standard to deliver a breakfast not meeting your expectations. We will correct the situation with our Team.
I sent you a private communication to discuss this situation.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

very nice, rooms however our breakfast at their restaurant was sub-standard. Excuse was they were short staffed however there were 3 waiters & 8 tables at around 1000h on Sunday. We waited 45 minutes (not exaggerating) just for them to take our order. Very pricey for the level of service & just ordinary food quality. Here you are paying the big price for service since making breakfast is not a challenge for the kitchen when you have so few tables. Anyways, do not recommend the restaurant. I can`t imagine what dinner is like if they are so disappointing during breakfast. Honestly a huge disappointment.

Instead, for a wonderful breakfast and not far from the hotel go to Universel on Peel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Eric_Hamel, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hello rosa maria L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad that you like our hotel.
Your breakfast at our restaurant was really not up to our standard. We certainly dropped the ball and we don't like that. We are usually receiving great comments about our restaurant, but this time it's not the case. I'm meeting with my team tomorrow morning to rectify the situation.
Hope to see you again

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at Le Crystal for one night on our way home to the US from Ottawa. Superb service from the moment the valet approached the car. Fast courteous check-in. The concierge recommended an booked us at a fabulous restaurant in Old Montreal (Gibby's). Our room was a deluxe suite. King bed in a separate room. Large separate sitting room, well appointed bar area with Nespresso cappuchino maker. Fabulous bathroom with large tub. Separate glass shower with overhead rain style fixture. Simply the best hotel in Montreal I've stayed at.

1  Thank Mountain_Doc

Hello Mountain_Doc,

Thank you for your review. I can't argue with you about your statement: Simply the best hotel in Montreal.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Modern, beautifull and very good food :)
I really enjoyed sleeping to this hotel. I will definitely go again.
I also really liked the food on the Terasse restaurant. Everything was perfect. The service was good, employees were nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello Julie P,

Thank you for your review. What a great Terrace, I'm glad you had the time to enjoy a meal there. It's really a place not to miss.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The reviews of Hotel le Crystal on this website are a bit divided, many really liking the space, service and location, with others less pleased by the construction noise. We fall pretty solidly into the "happy" camp-- but with some of each.

We got a small 1 BR suite on the 7th floor, which was fine for our party of 4 (2 adults, 2 boys under 15). The bathroom is quite large, with two sinks, a bathtub and a shower, while the living room and bedroom are smaller, there was still enough room for the 4 of us. The bedroom is a closed off interior room, so it feels a little odd. There a good little kitchenette area with a Netspresso machine and an electric water heater for tea. The quality of the bedding and furniture is top notch, and the extras (for example, great robes and high end toiletries) also add to the positive experience.

We found the staff to be really outstanding and the spa floor (12) with its pool and outdoor hot tub was really fun on a nice day; great view of Montreal.

The downsides to the hotel are, to us, two:

* all of the Bell Center area seems to be under construction; there did not seem to be any hotel construction but immediately across the street is a very large project, as well as several others in the two-block area. The noise wasn't really a problem but the view is just non-stop cranes.

* we found the cooling in the room to be intrusive-- by that I mean, it went on and off all night, with a fair amount of clunky noise. The room was in fact well cooled but the noise tended to wake me up every time it went on-- which seemed to be about every 5-10 minutes.

You can certainly see why poelple like this hotel and we will certainly consider returning. When the Bell Center-area construction is done, there will not be much of a view on at least on the lower floors (the hotel portion goes up to floor 11 only) looking east but the facility will likely remain very well maintained.

Room Tip: try to be away from the construction-- maybe that means lookign west, not sure--- if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ordinarymind

Hello ordinarymind,

WOW, congratulations for all of your reviews. We thank you for taking the time to review your stay. As you mentionned, our suites are well-appointed with all the necessary items you are expecting when travelling with family. We worked hard on revamping the in-room experience such as the bedding, I'm glad that you liked it.
I'm sorry to know that our ventillation/cooling system woke you up. We could set -up the system not to go on/off all night by changing the set-up for your suite. Please, during your next visit, let us know and we will change it.