“Excellent Downtown Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Downtown Hotel”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Hotel location is great, being central to shopping, restaurants, cafes and cultural venues. Our suite was spacious, modern and well-furnished. The rooftop gym is well-maintained with a great view of downtown. The rooftop swimming pool and sundeck are fabulous additions in the center of the city. We enjoyed a superb dinner in the restaurant, La Coupole. All of the staff were very welcoming and accomodating, and we received superb treatment throughout our stay. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Eric_Hamel, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hello Robert_FR1755UZ,

I want to thank you for sharing your experience at our Hotel. I'm glad that you are pointing out our Location, our superb Suite, La Coupole our restaurant with the best Terrace in town and not to forget our 12th floor with our salted pool, exterior Hot Tub, Gym and Sundeck

See you soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I just wanted to take the time to thank and praise the staff at Hotel Le Crystal. I stayed there for 1 week from Monday June 23rd to Friday June 27 in Suite 806, and I could not have asked for better service and courtesy from ALL of the staff. In particular, I wanted to point out that Mylene and Yoann helped me out immensely with any questions, clarifications and inquiries. It was my first time in Montreal, and I speak very little French, so I wasn't sure how to approach the staff initially, but they made it super comfortable for me to deal with them in English. I am in the hospitality industry and have been the Conference Services Manager of a multi-million dollar conference facility for 12 years in downtown Toronto, and I hope to one day strive to have staff that are just as courteous as theirs. My suite was almost 700 square feet, it was superbly clean, and had everything I could possible ask for. It made my stay that much more comfortable. The salt-water pool and roof hot-tub (which i used everyday) over-looking downtown was the icing on the cake for relaxation. You will not be disappointed if you stay at le hotel crystal.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Giuseppe G
Eric_Hamel, Directeur général at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hello Giuseppe G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad that we delivered the quality of service you were expecting. Yoan and Mylene are great team member, I will share with them your great comments. As you mentionned, Le Crystal is apart from others with large suites, kitchenette and not to forget, our 12th floor with the salted pool, exterior hot tub, gym and our Spa. Place not to miss
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis due to the location, quality of the room and the staff. The bathrooms are spacious and the amenities in the room are second to none. It is one of my favorite hotels in Canada.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Eric_Hamel, Directeur général at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hello Robert M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Le Crystal. We are glad to have you as regular guest. We are working very hard with the entire team to make your experience memorable.
New York, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel with our son and daughter-in-law for a little birthday getaway from New York City. We found this hotel to be very comfortable with mini-suites and free wi-fi. They also had a rooftop hot tub and indoor swimming pool with some outdoor lounges as well, which we tried to take advantage of every afternoon to relax and after walking around the city. The desk clerks were extremely helpful and accommodating, offering recommendations and help whenever we needed it. The Room was very clean and comfortable with plenty of room to spread out and the bathroom was spotless with a huge bathtub, which I really appreciated. The location was convenient to museums, as well as shopping, restaurants and a quick taxi ride to the Old Town.I would recommend this hotel very highly.

Room Tip: I would recommend a corner suite if you would like a more quiet atmosphere. We requested this and sl...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Coingirl14
Eric_Hamel, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hello Coingirl14,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Le Crystal. It's so good to read great comments. As you mentionned, our Hotel is perfect for family getaway. Perfect location for fun and shopping and great product for relaxing after a long day of pleasure.

Don't wait for another birthday to visit us
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Wow! I had an amazing stay at the Crystal, I honestly couldn't ask for more. 5*
It was my first time at this very upscale hotel and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very spacious, especially the luxurious shower, and perfectly clean.

The staff and service was beyond excellent and professional, and thank you particularly to Samuel for his restaurant recommendations and his genuine smile.

In conclusion, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Montreal. I shall most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nathalie-F38
Eric_Hamel, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hello Nathalie-F38,

Thank you for your wonderful comment. We take pride to deliver great service and nice product to our guests. Samuel is really happy about your mention. We will celebrate him this afternoon when he will arrive. Hope to see you for your second stay with us soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our family of four stayed here on our first vacation to Montreal from New York City. It was quite an upscale suite, with a great bed and free wi-fi, and the kitchenette was very useful as well. We loved the heated indoor pool and the outdoor hot tub, as well as the gym, and all together had a great time. The restaurant was very good, though very pricey, and not the most family-friendly restaurant we've been to. One more plus is that the pool had a lifeguard, so we didn't have to watch the kids every second while at the pool area.

We would definitely return to Le Crystal, and what's more, we wish there was one in every city we visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dra100
Eric_Hamel, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello dra100,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hotel Le Crystal. I'm glad that your family enjoyed this trip to Montreal. Our Hotel is great for kids. As you mentionned, our pool with lifegard, outdoor hot tub, the kitchenette and the fact that the guestoom is separate from the living room (equiped with a Sofa-Bed for the kids) is good.
At La Coupole our restaurant, kids up to 6 years old eat for free, from 7 to 12 years old have 50% discount.
Hope to see you soon with your family of in business
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at Le Crystal (first time three years ago). The hotel is beautiful and the staff is friendly. We stayed in a Crystal Suite with our two kids which have us plenty of room and the benefit of a kitchenette with fridge, sink, dishes, microwave and a two-element stove top.

The review would have been 5 stars except for some small details in the washroom where it was clear that there was some wear and tear. The drywall tape was separating leaving a seam in the ceiling. Also, something left a purple stain in the bowl of the toilet.
Despite these small signs of aging, we would definitely go back. Love the location, the service and the amenities.

Stayed July 2014
Eric_Hamel, General Manager at Hotel Le Crystal, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello Fsiddiqui,
Thank you for taking the time to comment our Hotel. First, I'm glad that you came back with us for a second time. We take great pride at maintaining and improving our Hotel. I will adress your comments with our team and take immediate actions.
From January, we improved the Suite Experience by: Changing the Bedding (new duvet, pillows and top matress), replace the Sofa-bed and dinning chairs and much more.
We also hired an additional engineering attendant to maintain the property.