“Amazing Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Niagara Falls
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2009

This hotel is amazing. The staff is so friendly. We were able to check into our hotel at 11am instead of 3pm which was amazing because we drove from 7 hours away and were faster than what we had expected. We were in our rooom for about an hour and the front desk called to advise there was a plumbing issue in our room and we had to be moved but that we were going to be upgraded to a larger suite with no extra charge. After they came and helped us move all of our luggage and we were in our new room for a couple of hours, they sent up a tray of fruit and cheeses. Absolutely amazing. The hotel rooms are beautiful. The rain shower and bath are amazing. The outside hot tub is breathtaking and the pool is beautiful too. The atmosphere is just unbelievable and I can't say enough about this hotel!!!

Stayed January 2009
1 Thank Heatheraw22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Turkish first
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2008

Le Crystal has a beautiful lobby and trendy 'decor' throughout but I found both the rooms and service lacking the substance you'd find up the street at Hotel de la Montagne or The Vogue. The suites felt cramped - which would be acceptable in Manhattan but a bit odd in Montreal. The lighting in the rooms was again reminiscent of somewhere else - the kind of lighting you get at a hotel in South Beach (which might work well in the Florida sun but not as much in a grey Montreal November.) I couldn't get the iPod dock to work. Not all the suites have separate soaker tub baths, as advertised on the website - I did get moved to a suite with a bath for the second night but I had to make my case a couple of times. The staff who finally moved me were nice but the overall staff experience was less positive than my experience with other hotels in the area. Overall I'd say it's a great place to stay if you're looking for a flashy, trendy, hotel and the lobby certainly impresses but if you want great rooms and more personal service you get more value from your money elsewhere.

• Liked — Lobby
  • Disliked — Rooms
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank HighMaintenance08
Vancouver,BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2008

Wow, I cant say enough about this hotel. Very classy and elegant. The staff were super friendly, infact they even helped me with some extra caricular activities that most wouldnt. The layout of the rooms is very nice and sound proof to all others. Its located right accross the road from the Centre Bell which was the reason for our stay. It is still very central in terms of walking to main shopping area and tons of places to eat all around.
It was also grey cup weekend and seen alot of players and management at the hotel who were all just as friendly. We asked for a late check out as our flight wasnt until evening and they had no problem doing that for us as well. This was the nicest room ive stayed in and definetly lives up to its 5 star rating. I would recomend this to anyone and everyone, our group of four was between 28-35 years old and everyone of us couldnt think of one negative thing about this hotel.

• Liked — Very freindly staff and ipod docking station in rooms, double shower heads amazing
  • Disliked — cant think of a thing
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2008

Great experience, great location, I had the superior room and let me tell you, it was fantastic, for sure I will stay there again

• Stayed October 2008
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2008

From the moment we pulled up to the door, I knew we would not be disappointed by le Crystal. It is a beautiful, modern hotel - elegant yet comfortable and affordable. It is well located within Downtown Montreal: a five minute walk to the Metro, a ten minute walk to Old Montreal, and a two minute walk to fabulous restaurants and shopping.

But what I think sets le Crystal apart from the other "boutique" hotels in Downtown Montreal is the staff. Every employee with which we interacted was friendly and always ready to be of help. The housekeeping staff kept the room immaculate, stopping by early in the evening to provide fresh towels if needed.

Worthy of special mention is the head concierge, Luc. He made us feel like VIPs by planning our sightseeing, booking a reservation at a very popular/busy restaurant, and locating a special souvenir I had my heart set on. Luc really made our stay that much more enjoyable.

My wife and I look forward to once again being guests of le Crystal.

• Liked — Hard to say - everything was fabulous!
  • Disliked — Having to check-out.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank wheres_the_walrus
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2008

Hotel Le Crystal has to be the best hotel I have ever been - beautiful lobby and beautiful room! I emailed the hotel conceirge a few weeks in advance to let her know that the Montreal stay is to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and asked if we could have a room upgrade, she responded promptly and told me that everything will be taken cared of. When we arrived they already had the note in their computer, we were able to check in early and was sent to a room with a private balcony! They also surprised us with desserts + birthday wishes when we came back from dinner that night. Best of all, all the above were at no cost to us!

Indoor pool & outdoor hot tub on the 12th floor is a must go! It feels absolutely amazing in the warm water looking at Mont Royal while it's 5 degree out! Outdoor hot tub is open everyday regardless of weather condition according to the lifeguard - so it'll be perfect even in the winter!

Room is spacious and equipped with a beautiful bathroom, mini kitchen (microwave, espresso machine etc) and 2 flat screen TVs with 60+ channels. Free WiFi so bring your laptop!

I thought the hotel was the best part of Montreal and really enjoyed our time there.

• Liked — Room, location, service, amenities
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2008

Modern elegant flaired hotel in a great location. Staff were friendly and professional. We stayed in a "superior" room for 3 nights. It included a mini bar and seating area. Everything was nicely decorated and in prestine condition. The "superior" room we had did not have tub, just a large rain shower. Robes were very nice. There was full size iron and board too. The Valet was great. So nice to have help with luggage. Daily newspaper a real nice touch! In fact it was in English. Interesting that the staff knows whether to leave a French newspaper or English one.

We agree with many of the positive comments left by other reviewers. The outdoor hottub and sundeck on the 12th floor we found to be a special treat, especially at night. The pool is lovely too. Reminded me a bit of the Mediterranean. The Spa looked really nice. We too could not find ice on the 4th floor as printed on the Elevator directory. Not having a DVD or movie on demand did not concern us as we found much to do in the city. But the weather was great and I could understand in poor weather one might like to have the option of a movie in the room.

We did not dine on site except for breakfast. I found breakfast to be okay. Service was a bit slow. Menu at bit average. We did have room service one night. The menu was acceptable and service was as promised.

Hot water at certain times of the day is not abundant. But I think that is average for hotels of this size. My only less than ideal concern was the size of our room. The desk was awfully close to the coffee table in front of the soaf. And the queen bed was in a tight room. But since it was not a suite, I guess it is reasonable compared to the nightly rate.

Given that there are a few other nice hotels in Montreal, I would probably give one of them a try next time. Just to mix it up and experience new settings. Montreal is such a lovely city.

• Liked — Hottub, sundeck, pool
  • Disliked — room size
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple