“Absolutely fabulous.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, AB
“Absolutely fabulous.”
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Le Crystal is just absolutely perfect. I was there for three days with my sister and mother for a girls weekend and we have officially made it our retreat hotel in Montréal. We won’t stay anywhere else but here from now on.

First, the guest service was outstanding. The guys at the front desk were tripping over themselves to help us in an yway. Our flights arrived very early (7:30 a.m.) in Montréal so we arrived at the hotel very early. Not expecting to check in, but to leave our luggage and perhaps freshen up a little. We were provided a pass to the pool and spa on the 12th floor where we used the ladies change room to get ready for a day of shopping. When we left the front desk asked for my cell number so they could call me when our room was ready. They said it would be around 1 p.m. They called at 11:30 a.m.! We were still up on Sainte Catherine’s (which is one block away from Le Crystal). We made our way back to the hotel around 1:30 p.m. and checked in.

Our room was great. We had a superior king suite. There was a huge soaker tube in the bathroom with a nice shower complete with Suisse rain shower head. We found the room cosy and perfect for three ladies getting away for the weekend.

We visited the outdoor rooftop hot tub every day. The Jacuzzi was just the icing on the cake for this beautiful hotel. Tip: in March the sun hits the hot tub between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Natalie818

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2009

I stayed there with 3 other friends, in one of the suites (I think the hotl only has suites... but I might be wrong). After my friend's prom, her father got us a room so we could have a good time the 4 of us together. The hotel was built in the last years and it shows. It's simplicity adds to it. The outdoor spa on the 12th floor offers a great view of the city.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
Quebec
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I got this hotel on Hotwire for a steal. It was a great hotel, location is wonderful, we walked to everything, good restos near by. Room was lovely, had the lowest category, still two rooms, two tv's, bath and shower. Did not eat in hotel, brought breakfast with us as there is a small fridge, microwave, kettle and dishes etc.

Free WIFI, great pool and hot tub area. Was very, very clean. Loved the Molton Brown toiletries. Beds and bedding were great quality.

Would stay there agin in a heartbeat. Much nicer than the Fairmont Queen Eloizabeth just up the street.

Staff were friendly and very helpful, had a few issues with the fridge and they were up fixing it in no time at all.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank bogwoppit
Ottawa
Reviewed 4 March 2009

My husband and I spent our first wedding anniversary at Hotel Le Crystal and it was amazing! Let me just tell you, this hotel is GORGEOUS! The rooms are fabulous, modern and spacious. The location of the hotel is steps away from fantastic shopping, excellent restaurants and the Bell Center. The staff are incredible, every single person working in that hotel provided top notch service! I even loved the line of bath & body products they had in the room (Molton Brown from London). The attention to detail in this hotel is evident everywhere you look.

Bond & Alex
Ottawa, ON

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MojoOttawa
western mass
Reviewed 4 March 2009

We are in Montreal at least 5 times a year and have now stayed at the Crystal at least 5 times now and I love it. Rooms are crisp and clean - very modern. I recommend it highly. Very convenient to Bell Center as well as St Catherine shopping. Breakfast in the hotel is pretty mediocre - but there are a million other places to go. Front desk staff is a little bit of the helpless "not-my-job" variety but the parking/bell desk is quite capable and friendly.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank sledxl
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 March 2009

We really enjoyed our visit to the Hotel Le Crystal last year. The hotel was as other guests had advised - upscale, very close to the shopping on Rue Ste Catherine, great concierge/reception service and nice touch with the outdoor hot tub. They are also very generous with the Molton Brown toiletries. We didn't eat in the restaurant, so I can't comment on that. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel, but I would point out that not all the rooms have the tub, as advertised, so do ask to switch rooms if you want that. Our first night was spent in an urban suite, which did not have a tub, but was a good size room/bathroom still. We really wanted the tub, as I had a back problem, and wanted to take a soak, so next day we asked to move rooms and were rewarded with an upgrade to a much bigger suite, no problem. Also, yes, the lighting is a little dark and they added a mini bar charge, which wasn't correct, but they removed it on request and it didn't detract from a great hotel and a great stay.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gbbalham
Quebec
Reviewed 20 February 2009

Went there on a business trip and I loved it soo much, great staff, goergeous suites. Loved the espresso machine in the room and the separate living room! Can't believe all the rooms in the hotel are that great, and I had the cheapest on top of that!

Anyways, I would recommend it to anyone coming to Montreal.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business