I would strongly recommend to travelers this B&B, which is in a 125 yr old brownstone (painted white). My wife, 12 yr. old son and I stayed in the Frontenac room, a large 2nd floor room with beautiful bay window overlooking the street. And what a pretty street it is...they were filming a TV show on the block one evening! Bathroom sharing posed very little problems. Overall, the location was excellent. Just a few blocks from St Denis and St Laurent with great dining options and the Metro.
Breakfast was very good. We had an early departure our last day and the owners were accommodating to our schedule. I was a bit disappointed though when the owner decided to offer cherry blintzes that day. Not a big fan. C'est la vie...there are always other cereals, bread, oatmeal, etc. to choose from.
The real value to me was the knowledge that the 2 owners (Ephraim and Yves) have of Montreal...while Ephraim is strongly opinionated in the topic du jour, overall, their recommendations and suggestions were excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gingerbread Manor welcomes you to Montreal. Located in a manor house built in 1885. This delightful B&B invites you to enjoy a comfortable bed, a wonderful breakfast and Victorian splendour. Located in downtown Montreal near Square St-Louis. Close to most downtown and old Montreal points of interest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Gingerbread Manor Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gingerbread Manor Bed And Breakfast
- Gingerbread Manor Hotel Montreal