“a very nice place with a couple of caveats....”
Review of Parc Suites Hotel

Parc Suites Hotel
Ranked #19 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Concord, New Hampshire
“a very nice place with a couple of caveats....”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

a big benefit is free parking, the room we had was very clean, the owner and his siter were very accomodating. the room had a small kitchen, there was a "living room" and bedroom...all similar to a small apartment. the price was right also.
there is a very long flight of stairs to reach the reception desk, and then, if you're on the second floor, two other small flights. ...not for elderly/handicapped.
also, we were asked to pay in advance (3 days) and they only refund with a day+ notice,. so plan carefully, if you have to leave before your reservation ends you'll be out at least one night's payment.
and, yes, we were harassed by the local drunks...they are pushy and obnoxious.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank r1manchester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I have stayed at Parc Suites Hotel four times in the past three years. Clearly I am a fan. Originally my reasons were practical: included parking, location, and public transportation. They are still strong factors, but the lodgings and the hospitality are just as strong now that I have experienced them.

My Montreal trips are vacations centered on Argentine tango. Parc Suites is the nicest hotel that is convenient (by public transportation, car, or sometimes by foot) to the dance venues. The Provigo supermarket and drugstore are just a few doors down Parc. Parc Suites' WiFi is very fast.

For my first stay in 2009, there were fresh cut lilacs from the owner's garden. For my most recent stay, there was a delicious fruit basket. The owner and staff are warm, friendly and very helpful.

As for the welcoming stairway, I consider that as part of a European boutique experience and welcome the fitness it brings me throughout my stay.

I will stay at Parc Suites the next I am in Montreal---whenever that might be. Excellent hotel!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank tangOh
Perth
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We were visiting our son who lives in 'McGill Ghetto' and the Parc Suites couldn't have been a more convenient location, but it wasn't just the location, they were so helpful and friendly and provided the most comfortable bed, well equipped kitchenette, laundromat across the road, free parking out the back, quiet and well priced.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KerrynPerth
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 9 May 2011

What a pleasant surprise. A small hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Newly renovated and very clean. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Homer999_11
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Stayed two nights at Parc Suites. Owner was very helpful and friendly, room was clean and well appointed. Situated at edge of Downtown and close to park and supermarket.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We spend 2 nights in Parc Suits Hotel with our friends. Very good hotel, 5min from St. Katherine st, helpfull stuff, clean and nice rooms,, very good beds.
Next time - only this hotel.
New York.

Room Tip: one bedroom suit
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Tracy, California
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I was pleased with our room at Parc Suites. Although smaller than I thought it would be, it was certainly not too small, even for my husband and I, our two children (1 and 3 yrs), and my father. It was very clean and we found the bed comfortable. My three year old and father shared the pull out couch, and while my son and his toys were quite comfortable, my father did mentioned that he had to position himself around the support bar in order to get comfortable. I would suggest replacing the pull out or offering guests a thick mattress pad to add to the mattress. We loved having the kitchenette in the room, which was very convenient for breakfast since a grocery store was nearby. The only negatives are that the convenient store next to the hotel seems to be the local drunk hangout, which can be disconcerting when walking around it to get to the free parking behind the hotel. Also, there is no elevator, which, before we decided to leave it in the trunk of the car, made using our double stroller a little bit of a hassle. However, the staff was always more than willing to help us, which was nice. I would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business