“Great Location and Value”
Review of Parc Suites Hotel

Parc Suites Hotel
Ranked #18 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I and my daughter and niece stayed here recently so that the 2 girls could visit McGill University as a potential post-secondary institution for them.

This spot is ideally located very close to McGill and the downtown core. There is free parking behind the hotel but we were able to park right in front of our hotel while we checked in and unloaded our luggage.

We did see the transients nearby but they did not bother us. Sadly, Montreal seems to have its usual share of homeless people typical of this size of city and not just in front of our hotel.

As previous reviews have mentioned, this hotel is not for the faint of heart as there are quite a few stairs to climb to reach your room. The hotel owner was very helpful in getting our luggage moved up so we could do it in one trip. He went with my husband in the car to show him where to park while the girls and I unloaded. We are all in good shape so stairs don't bother us, in fact, more often than not, we use the stairs at larger hotels.

The room is lovely and clean and has a separate bedroom with a queen sized bed as well as a pull out queen size sofa bed which the teenagers said was comfortable. We left the sofa bed open for the 2 nights we were there as we did not spend too much time in the room.

The best part of this hotel is its location, free parking and free strong wifi. We did not experience the trouble we typically get in a large hotel with using the wifi as we didn't have to share it with hundreds of other devices.

The one complaint I have about the bathroom was they use a low flow toilet which meant it sometimes took several flushes. The bathroom itself was quite clean and fully equipped with the usual amenities.

We would definitely return here as we found it quite suitable for our needs, a great value and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you may want a room that doesn't face the street. The windows do mu...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Parc Suites Hotel

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I travel to Montreal several times a month and have been trying to find a clean boutique hotel at a good value in a central location. I have definitely found it. Parc Suites is an intimate hotel because it only has 8 suites. I have stayed in 3 of the 8 suites and can say that each one is incredibly spacious, clean with all the amenities (including high speed Internet). The beds are very comfortable and there is no street noise. The hotel is very close to a grocery store so it is easy to cook a homemade meal in the suite and feel like it is a home away from home. The owner and staff are very kind and accommodating and there is parking around back. I cannot say enough positive things about the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2013

My daughter and I really enjoyed staying here. . We were looking for a place with 2 sleeping areas, a kitchen and some character that was easy to get to and from on public transit. Parc Suites is full of charm and lovely artsy decor, not like an antiseptic overpriced hotel room . The kitchen was well-equipped and the staff were always helpful and generous. It is close to the University, to the hill, and a 5-minute bus ride from the subway. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a non-smoking room
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Turgay, the owner welcomed me on arrival, and saw me off on departure. He has pride in the establishment, and in the guest's experience, and I would definitely seek out this place again next time I'm in Montreal! Value and location for the money are great!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Whilst probably out of the hotel's control, being met at the modest entrance by three homeless men begging for money wasn't the best welcome. However, staff were very pleasant and helped with our every need throughout our stay. The facilities were clean and neat, but our room had a very potent stench of cigarettes, trying to be hidden by a powerful incense burner. The bed was very comfortable and the room very nice.
The location of the hotel was great for exploring but again it's facade let it down. Hidden between two run down diners, and a regular jaunt for beggars really fell short of my expectations.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren R
HotelownerMontreal, General Manager at Parc Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. Your feedback is very valuable to us and is the way in which we measure our effort to provide superior service and accommodations to our guests.
I was so sorry to read about your experience. Please accept my apologies. We are absolutely a 100% smoke free property and have a strict policy about that. I want you to make sure that we would have been more than happy to move your room and assist you if we were informed about the issue. As a non smoker myself, I am aware of how unpleasant smoke odor can be. Therefore, I always try to inform our guests about the smoking policy of our hotel as soon as they arrive since it is totally unfair to the hotel as well as subsequent guests even if a single guests smokes in a non- smoking hotel.
I personally investigated the smoke smell at the day of your stay and learned that the guests who was staying in your room a few days, smoked inside the room at that day and even though our cleaning personnel put their best efforts to clean the room it wasn’t enough to completely eliminate the smell . Fixing a non-smoking room that had been smoked in is a time-consuming process involving filters and special cleaner. We have to do extra cleaning of the carpet, curtains as well as furniture in that situation to bring the room back to perfectly fresh condition.
This king of smoking in the room problem doesn’t happen very often, it happens maybe once a two years.
I do apologize for this inconvenience and I would be grateful if you would contact me, or one of the customer services team, so we may have the opportunity to try our hardest to make it up to you. You can contact us by email at info@parcsuites.com or by telephone .1800 949 86 30 the satisfaction of our customers is the most important.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Turgay Demirdogan
General manager

Reviewed 1 March 2013

It's hard to fathom why this modest hotel is rated so highly. Suites have been renovated nicely and location is handy to McGill. Beds are certainly comfortable but sofa bed in one suite was poor. We had two suites because the suite we were given the first two night reeked of cigarette smoke. It took considerable discussion to be moved to a better suite for the second two nights of our stay. Our second night was disturbed by a very loud party upstairs. So while value is okay and suites pleasant enough, high rating is very perplexing.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank R T

Dear Valued Guests,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. It is really appreciated. We're really sorry for the noise problem that you had at the day of your stay. We are a small boutique hotel and all our guests choose our hotel to have a peaceful stay in a clean, cozy and quiet environment. I wish we had been informed about the noise issue. We would have been more than happy to inform our other guests about the complaint and do our best to let you enjoy your stay in a perfect condition. Our customer's satisfaction and comfort is paramount, so in the future, please don't hesitate about asking --we're only here to make your stay incredible.
Please accept my apology on behalf of our guest who caused the noise. I would be grateful if you would contact me, or one of the customer services team, so we may have the opportunity to try our hardest to make it up to you. You can contact us by email at info@parcsuites.com or by telephone 1800 949 8630 the satisfaction of our guests is the most important.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Turgay Demirdogan
General manager

Reviewed 13 February 2013

perfect setting and you feel at home ,see review bi FlyerByNight. small but user frendly kitchen dinette.two televisions .one in bedroom,one in living room .nice deck with view of mountain and cross.super clean ,modern bathroom in an older setting ,can t wait to go back.

Room Tip: you must walk uo 31 stairs to acces your suite so not for elderly persons.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple