“Handy to airport and Via Rail - comfortable room”

Aloft Montreal Airport
Ranked #47 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Arrived by train - free shuttle from Via Station to hotel - large room - free Wifi - comfortable bed - short walk to restaurant at Sheriton - free shuttle to airport.
CAD152 including all taxes. Bar in lobby had good selection of beers. Only complaint - the HVAC unit was loud. Good sound insulation - little noise from airport or surrounding highways

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bwimpyow

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel is a part of the Sheraton (SPG) Group. The location right at Dorval (P.E. Trudeau) airport is convenient for those with an overnight layover or folks who park 'n fly.
They are trying to be modern and youthful but missing the mark by a wide margin. It was my first time staying here so I expected they may explain things to me upon check in. No such luck.
The "kid" who checked me in had assorted pieces of metal sticking out of his nostrils...youthful yes, but front desk appropriate? Not in my books...All the staff I encountered were young, friendly but very sloppy as far as dress code and grooming is concerned.
I asked what was included and was told "parking and breakfast". The parking is convenient but the lot did not receive any winter maintenance and was super icy. The room was once that faces the runway at the airport a few thousand feet away. It made for a loud evening and early morning of planes landing and taking off. I guess it is to be expected when staying at the airport. I would expect that the building design would have double insulation for the noise.
The room is well furnished albeit a little sparse.
My first morning I went to the breakfast bar which was well stocked but quite confusing. Some items are included while others are not. I was later told that my room did not include breakfast. Very confusing!
There is some sort of "happy hour" which is still legal in Quebec, but nobody bothered explaining to me. I couldn't be bothered.
The construction which is going on right now makes it difficult to get in and out from the highway 520.
I know exactly what type of concept the Sheraton is trying to foster here, but missing the idea by a wide mark. A visit to the Ovolo Hotel in Aberdeen in Hong Kong would be an educational experience for the concept developers and upper management,

Room Tip: Get a room facing the highway, not the runway!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel made leaving in the middle of the night to catch an early flight (or rest after a late return) a breeze. Modern, and efficient, the rooms are perfect and oh so dark and quiet! The shuttle was there quickly (to and from airport) and checking in/out procedure were efficient and simple. Complimentary hot beverages are welcome in the middle of the night, and the offer of snacks and sandwiches fresh and yummy. We sample a cheese and fruit item and it was delicious. Breakfast is also served. We also parked the car there for the duration of our vacation, and it was handy and cheaper than other parking lots close by. We were very satisfied with our experience and recommend it strongly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank France P
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My flight was delayed... So i needed quickly a stay for the night. Booking took me less than 5 min wirh the starwood app, airport shuttle was 6 min from the airport. Uncomplicated booking, good price, clean and nice room, very friendly stuff. I will book there again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Reino D
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you kindly for staying with Aloft Montreal Airport. We appreciate your feedback and are happy that you were able to take advantage of the SPG app to reserve your stay. If your travels bring you to the area in the future, we would love to see you again!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I live in the suburbs of Montreal but decided to stay at an airport hotel the night before an early flight to avoid traffic. I looked at several hotels and finally chose ALoft and I’m glad I did.

The hotel is really beautiful, modern and clean. Even though there’s a lot of road construction in the area, I thought the hotel was pretty easy to get to. The lobby is fun with areas where you can mingle and others where you can relax while sipping a drink. The room is a good size and the bed really comfortable. I can’t say enough good things about the Bliss bath amenities, they smeels so good!

The shuttle runs frequently in the morning. The Vinci Park shuttle made one stop at the hotel next door and we were off to the airport. All in all, it’s about a 5-10 minute ride.

Obviously, being so close to the airport, it can get quite noisy but the flights stop around midnight. For an overnight stay it’s fine but I wouldn’t consider this hotel if you’re looking for a homebase to visit Montreal. Aloft will be my choice the next time I have an early flight.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you for staying with Aloft Montreal Airport during your recent travels. We are happy to hear that we made your early morning flight more convenient. Take care and safe travels to you!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I love the Aloft brand, and this hotel is no exception - cool and funky design, welcoming lobby and bar, great staff. However, I moved hotels after 2 days - I simply could not figure out the road construction this time. (The roads have been under construction for years!) Had a jackhammer outside my window at 7 am.

I'll come back again in a few months, but as of Nov 2013 the road was a big detractor...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you kindly for being a loyal Aloft brand guest! On behalf of the entire team at Aloft Montreal Airport, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that the road construction caused you. Our team is doing our best to stay informed about the road construction updates and relay that information to our guests. We thank you for your patience during this time. Take care!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We used this hotel as a base while exploring Montreal. It was not bad. The decorations are nice. the shades on the windows were great, and the staff very nice. I didn't spend a lot of time there since I was in Montreal to explore the city, not spend time in the hotel, but the time I was there was OK. Some people complain about the little privacy in the bathroom, but that wasn't a problem for me. It's private unless you press yourself against the glass. It was a little bit of a drive to the center of Montreal and finding a parking space was a little rough when we got in at night, but overall, I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Novotel Montreal Aeroport
#69 of 165 in Montreal
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport

Been to Aloft Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!