“Best Poutine”

Restaurant La Roulotte
Ranked #1,455 of 6,224 Restaurants in Montreal
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I had the large poutine. It's really all you will ever need in life. Incredibly good, and a great price. This place is the real deal.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I first starting going here in the early 80s when I was a kid. It was great for burgers, real Montreal steamed hot dogs, fries and of course poutine! I returned for the first time in almost 30 years and nothing has changed. The food is still great, the service is lightning fast and the staff are great. The poutine is up with the best in Montreal and I probably could have eaten a least a dozen all dressed steamed hot dogs. We brought a friend from the US who had never tried poutine before and he was sold. This place is close to becoming a historical landmark!

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Been coming here for 40 years! Never miss a chance when I come to Montreal. Prices are amazing! Best hamburgers, steamies, fries and poutine ever!!!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

I grew up around the corner from this spot and have been coming here my whole life. Whenver I am back in the neighberhood I always make a point to stop by for a poutine. 10 years ago, I introduced my wife to the place and she had me bringing her there everyday for 3 days straight for a hot dog and poutine before we would head out for an afternoon skiing.
Just writing this makes we want to come home!

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Holy Camoly Bing Bang!
This is a 65 year old Diner.
After all this time they definitely know how to make a gyro wrapped in a Greek style pita which is lightly toasted, never had anything like it. Delicious.
Their poutine sauce is simply amazingly salty and hot on some crispy fries...the opposite of the soggy ones at places like La Belle Province.
Nice huge window walls overlooking a used cars garage lot and French radio playing, typical middle of nowhere feeling.
Your choice of booth seating, everywhere.
Type of place to film a Tarantino movie or a fashion shoot.
I love cheap thrills!