“Hands down, one of the best experiences I've ever had”
Review of Liverpool House

Liverpool House
Ranked #95 of 5,775 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Cross street: Charlevoix
Description: Seaside cottage charm and bustling oyster counter. Sexy Old World wines, and crazy fresh market food. A great club house feel. Perfect for gin-tonic fueled evenings with relatives, friends, lovers and/or Peter Hoffer (aka "The HOFF"). Tout les charmes de chalets de bord de mer et un comptoir à huitre animé. Vins du Vieux-Monde et cuisine fraiche de marché. Parfait pour vos soirées alimentées de gin tonic en famille, entre amis et amants, et/ou Peter Hoffer ("The HOFF").
New York City, New York
“Hands down, one of the best experiences I've ever had”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Where to begin... Context.

I've eaten in a number of really wonderful spots: Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester, Savoy Grill, Peter Luger, The Four Seasons Restaurant in NY... I don't know. But I've been lucky enough to eat a lot of great meals in the last few years. I mention this history in the hopes of establishing that saying something is "the best" isn't just hyperbolic nonsense.

I'd never heard of Liverpool House. But I had heard of sister restaurant, Joe Beef.

I was part of a 15 member bachelor party from NY in Montreal for the weekend. One of the members of the party arranged this dinner, and after a nice meal at Fabrique the night before, I was excited when he guaranteed this would be the highlight of the weekend.

We sat on the back patio. We had it mostly to ourselves. We didn't order. They just brought food. And wine. And beer. Hundred of oysters. Lobster. The best lamb I've had in my life. The service was absolutely fantastic -- knowledgeable, friendly, and professional waiters. They allowed us to control the music on the patio, playing mostly Rolling Stones while enjoying some of the best tasting food and drinks I've ever had.

In short, the place is THE reason is will go back to Montreal. The city itself is lovely (in summer), the people are unique, and the culture is one-of-a-kind. But dinner at sunset on the back patio of Liverpool House is all the reason I need to make another trip back to a really special city. Thanks to Liverpool House for a meal to remember.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
NYC, NY
“Fine food in a private garden”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We came to Liverpool House on recommendation of a friend. In there past, we always ate one meal at Au Pied de Cochon. Liverpool was a brilliant change! Our reservations were inside, but the weather was fab and we wanted to sit on the terrace. They were fully committed outside, but cobbled together room for us at the staff picnic table out back even though a large party was coming shortly. We had duck and lamb that was huge and simply prepared with plenty for the next day. We especially liked the tomato and cheese salad from the produce they grew right next to the tables! Staff is incredibly attentive and knowledgeable. A great meal!

1 Thank LesChoux
Jupiter, Florida
“Chalk it up”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great tapa style light dishes that we shared as a group. You cannot go wrong with anything on the chalk menu..(there are no physical personal menus)..which is a bit odd when you sit under the board, but can be overcome with one or two Old Fashioned drinks, when you will then be telling everyone your recommendations. My personal favorite was the seasoned horse.

seattle, wa
“who knew salad could be so good?”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

And I'm from seattle where we have some great produce. I had the country salad and every bite was different, savory and delicious. Lucas and Chris offered great service, wine offerings. I wish it were closer to my hotel as its a place i would have gone back to again and again. Fun music too. Thanks Liverpool House!

“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We went tonight June 25. We were promptly greeted and although 40 minutes early, seated at the bar for an aperitif. The aperitif was a house cocktail and very refreshing. We ended up being seated early and given a choice of indoor or outside table. The menu was diverse and unique. We highly recommend the Foie grad dejenuer... A delightful twist on a poplar breakfast sandwhich made
With egg, smokey cured bacon, cheese Foie gras on an English muffin with hollandaise and maple syrup. Bam! The lobster spaghetti was a strong second. Staff friendly and very helpful. This will be a Montreal staple for future travel for sure!

• Visited June 2014