“No WOW, but at least I enjoyed the desserts.”

Le Montrealais Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Mansfield
Description: L'un des restaurants favoris des habitués du quartier des affaires, Le Montréalais offre un menu alléchant proposant des plats méditerranéens, des grillades, des salades composées et des poissons frais ainsi qu'un choix de desserts exquis, le tout servi dans une ambiance de bistro détendue et dynamique. Pour vos repas d’affaires ou pour le plaisir d’une cuisine raffinée, notre personnel vous assurera un service courtois et attentif pour vous permettre de vous détendre et de savourer la créativité de notre chef. A favorite with the downtown crowd, Le Montréalais bistrot offers a mouth-watering menu featuring sunny Mediterranean cuisine, healthy salads, succulent grilled meats, fresh fish and luscious desserts in a lively, warm and inviting ambiance. For your business meetings or the pleasure of fine dining, our experienced team will provide attentive and efficient service to ensure you spend quality time in a relaxing setting.
Montreal, Canada
“No WOW, but at least I enjoyed the desserts.”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Ambiance is nice but not that impressive. Price is of course too high for what the brunch provides. There are so many mediocre dishes available that can be easily found in any other cheaper brunch buffet. And simply nothing extraordinary or even exotic. All in all, you just pay for a famous brand. The only saving grace is that they have a good selection of nice desserts.

• Visited April 2014

canada
“Lowered expectations”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I went to the Montrealais Bistro for a business lunch for the first time. I had "some " expectations given that it is associated with the Queen E / Fairmont hotel and given that I have had good experiences at the Beaver Club. First, reception to be seated took a while before being noticed; we were a group of five. Second, I was the only woman of the group, yet my order was taken last , and I was served last.... hmmm. If it were a fast food place, no problem ; I did not quite expect that from our server "R." My male colleagues even pointed it out without me having to say anything. Not impressed.
Food selection was alright. I ordered a salad with a myriad selection of seafood on rice noodles. The salmon was dry and over salted, the calamari,shrimp,and mussels were overcooked, tough and chewy and the rice noodles were fried , and few and far between .

The location is great for the area, and for those wanting to a change from the fast food court options linking the underground city , and the ambience is good. I have been here before and their drinks are quite good.

I would suggest a refresher on serving etiquette though .

Ottawa, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This restaurant is greatly overpriced for the food they serve. The service was average as well and definitely could have been more attentive.

• Visited February 2014
FairmontQueenE, Manager at Le Montrealais Bistro, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear youngmontrealer - We were made aware of your feedback and we're very sorry to hear your visit to our restaurant wasn't memorable. We appreciate your comments and we will definitely share with the team members. We do take pride in providing an attentive service and we're sorry this experience fell short of your expectations. Best regards.
Edmonton
“Convenient Location Quick Service”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Came in just after lunch and needed somewhere to eat. Very convenient location as you get off the elevators. Being my first time in Montreal I was really looking forward to having a Montreal Smoked Meat sandwich. Le Montrealais Bistro did not disappoint and I left satisfied having a Montreal Smoked Meat sandwich in Montreal. We did not eat here again due to our conference and duration of stay however the brunch looked pretty phenomenal and would have loved to try that.

Was surprised the price wasn't out of this world, quite nominal for a Fairrmont. Suggest you give it a try!

Toronto, Canada
“Good service, convenient for a quick bite”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I arrived late in Montreal and wanting something quick and simple decided to dine at the Bistro since I was staying at Queen E hotel. The decor is very consistent with that found in the hotel - a somewhat outdated feel. The waiter/bartender was very friendly and service was prompt. I ordered their $17 smoked meat sandwich which came with a small cole slaw and a side of fries, along with a glass of wine. Had the weather been warmer outside, I would've ventured to a more authentic place for the smoked meat. Overall, I had an enjoyable meal.

• Visited January 2014
FairmontQueenE, Manager at Le Montrealais Bistro, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear pnpadventures - Thank you for visiting us at the Bistro Le Montréalais during your last stay in Montreal. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the Montreal smoked meat sandwich and the friendly service provided on that evening. We do hope to see you again soon. Thanks and regards.