“Good location, great staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville
Ranked #27 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights on vacation, couldn't have been happier. The room was enormous and very comfortable, the hotel was walking distance from plenty of good restaurants and tourist attractions including the old port down by the water, and the staff were friendly and helpful when we had questions about directions or what to see. Also turned out to be very conveniently located for public transit including a short walk to the bus stop for the airport bus.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed for four nights and didn't have a guide book. The concierge staff got us reservations, made great food and entertainment recommendations, and provided maps and directions. Hotel gym is great, room generous size. When we went to leave, our car battery was dead, hotel staff were very helpful I getting us back on our way.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The room was very nice and the all staff was very helpful, in both languages. Every staff member was wiling to help on directions, restaurants, subway locations, sights to see, etc. I practiced my French and no one had a problem helping me. There is some street noise in the lower level rooms. The Metro is just two blocks to the rear of the hotel. You can walk to Eaton Centre and the Underground areas. There is a directional card rack in both French and English in the lobby. However, beware, St. Joseph's Oratory is not a 10 minute walk away, it is not 10 minutes in a car or on the Metro either. It is at least 20 minutes drive, subway or cab away. If you try to walk to the Mont Royal lookout, that is closer but still a heck of a hike, uphill. Parking is expensive like in many large city centers. But park your car, you won't need it to get around. Many museums are nearby also. It might be the most cost and time effective to take a cab to Vieux Montreal, as the subway stations are not really convenient to it from the hotel. Definitely hit the 11th floor, good health gym and pool, good views from the deck also.

Room Tip: Higher up is better. The hotel is the first 11 floors with the health club on the 11th. Above that...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Really liked the location--easy access to the concert venues, as well as walking(or easy metro) distance to old montreal, notre dame, musee des beaux arts, colleges, parks, bixi bike stand (public bike rentals--awesome!) right across the street, metro station few blocks away. Clean, nicely done in general, good sized room (we were in a King); nice roof-top pool & gym area. Staff friendly & helpful--definitely get restaurant suggestions from the concierges, most of them have been around there for a long time & know quite a good selection. Only downside was HARD bed!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dvmtraveller
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had a great week at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was very nice and helpful and the room very clean and quiet. The rooftop pool with a view was nice! The parking garage underneath the hotel was very convenient.
I will definitly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Friendly staff & nice/clean rooms. Location is excellent! I didn't get to explore as much as I would have liked because I was busy with work but I loved what I did get to see and plan to go back with my family. I did forget to pack toothpaste so having the Jean-Coutu across the street really benefited me. It was nice to have a mini fridge, microwave and Keurig in my room.
The only negative comment I have is that I wasn't able to close the thicker blinds (and I really tried!) but maybe if I had called someone to come help me, they would've been able to figure it out. My co-worker didn't have this issue in his room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Garden Inn at the end of July and had a great experience. The staff was more than helpful and the property was clean. It is fairly close to the convention center and the old part of Montreal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple