“Excellent hotel and highly recommended”

Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville
Ranked #25 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 23 June 2009

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barnes20
Write a ReviewReviews (2,064)

Reviewed 11 June 2009

The Good:
Rooms were nice and clean, spacious. Everything you'd expect of the Hilton Garden Inn, as was the breakfast, typical fare.

Loved the pool and gym, nice little area on the 11th floor with some view. I had stayed at the Delta Downtwon before, and their pool reminded me of jail cell, sub-basement location with very very low ceilings. So the pool at the Garden Inn was a plus.

It was an overall nice stay, my family liked it, and it was close to everything, from restaurants to transportation.

The Bad:
Really, I wouldn't have commented here if not for the little kinks I found.

- The restaurant was a tad pricey for what you get.... if you're there for lunch/dinner.
- The Lobby/Lounge could've been more well-decorated considering how new the hotel was.

The Huh?:
\\ I didn't expect this hotel to be a luxury experience, however WHY WON'T THEY GIVE US TOWELS?!? The biggest thing that annoyed me was the fact that I could not find a towel when I needed it.

I mean, HUH?

There's no towels available in the gym, or at the pool. They say to bring your own, however, I am one of those people who need two towels for any workout in a pool. One fore my hair and one for my body. Sure, if I were to bring towels out of my room for my family and I, I think there would be no towels left for when I take a shower after.

I've stayed in many places, usually higher end, so tell me if I'm wrong expecting too much ----- that there to be towels in their fitness facilities.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business