“A very pleasant surprise”

Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville
Ranked #27 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I generally don't like staying in large chain hotels too much, and my experiences of Hiltons in N America has not been good. But this place proved an exception, in large part due to the exceptional plentitude, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.

I probably wouldn't have chosen to stay here, but the customer I was visiting was 200m away and had a corporate rate, so I had little choice. However, the right tone was set from check-in, with a bit of untaxing but disarming banter with the receptionist.

My room (actually, I had a suite, with a meeting room attached to my bedroom) was large, comfortable, OK view, with a decent-sized bathroom - very comfortable indeed. The beds even have, according to a card on the bedside, a device for adjusting the hardness, although I have to say I did look and could never find it (the "head" of the matteress, whatever that means!). Anyway it was very comfortable regardless.

The 11th floor fitness suite was well-equipped with great views across the city. I never used the pool beacuse it always seemed to have young kids in it, no matter how late the hour.

I went to the bar once, and the same friendly and helpful service prevailed there also.

I spent 4 very comfortable days here, and would certainly stay in this hotel again. I can't think of much to improve really: perhaps the low-speed "high-speed internet"?

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2010

Dear reviewer,

Thanks for your review. We are glad to see that our staff made your feel welcome at our property. We are very service oriented and your feedback is a great reward for all our staff. Wireless high speed internet can become slower sometimes when many customers are connected, for you convenience, we also offer wired complimentary High speed Internet in all rooms. Please contact me on your next stay with us, It will be my pleasure to show in person where the mattress devices are located.
Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville

Reviewed 29 May 2010

This is definitely one of Hilton standard hotel. Big room, confortable bed, nice view and clean room. Stuff was very helpful as well.
Top floor gym and swimming pool is definitely worth checking. Sham it was raining when we were there, but there is terrace and should have nice view of the city.
Downtown location and walkable to every sightseeing spots.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2010

Good Day Reviewer. Thank you for you comments on the hotel and we were pleased that you had enjoyed your stay and had appreciated our convenient location in the heart of downtown Montreal. We look forward to your return and hope the sun will be there on your next visit..

Reviewed 24 May 2010

Spent two nights here on business. Amenties were standard HGI. The restaurant has a great outdoor seating area... terrific for a drink. Fitness center is on the 11th floor - the city views were a nice change of pace. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Couple of downsides - the speed of the internet service was extremely slow... I had better luck with my wireless card. And the elevator access to/from the parking garage is a bit confusing and inconvenient. There are two sets of elevators from the garage - one to the hotel, the other to a condo building above the hotel. Neither is well marked... I wound up in the lobby of the condo building more than once. And the elevators for the hotel only access the first two levels of the four level garage... plan on having to take the stairs if you wind up parking on levels 3 or 4.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2010

Good Day Reviewer Thank you for taking the time to fill in the tripadvisor review on the hotel. We were pleased that you enjoyed you stay and that you like our location in downtown Montreal. I will pass of the comments to the team. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 May 2010

We had a really great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Montreal. Check-in was great - we got to check in early cause they had a room available. The check-in staff was very welcoming and took care of all our questions. They even had someone make sure our car fit in the underground parking (we have a Navigator) which is about $24 a day but we never had to use it while we were there and it's easier than looking for street parking. Location is great, short walk to Rue St. Laurant which has good shopping and nightlife. Also close to a bunch of metro stops and Old Montreal. The room was very very clean. The bed had a knob to adjust firmness. The hair dryer in the bathroom had a nozzle which I love because my hair can be particularly unruly. The front desk staff was very helpful in making reservations for us (btw - Mastro S.V.P. has great seafood!) and for giving us recommendations (Scwartz's for lunch - delicious). Breakfast is not included and was $14.95. We opted to eat outside and get a bit more atmosphere than the hotel lobby. The gym and pool are fabulous. The view is amazing and indoor pools are always awesome. But there were no towels anywhere! I've read that in other reviews but did see some people with towels but have no idea where they got them. We asked the attendant who was cleaning the pool where to get them and he said we had to bring one from the room. It didn't make sense to me as the ones in the room are not pool towels. The gym also did not have any towels. Check out was also very easy and they let us leave the car for the day as we walked around. Also free internet in the rooms! Overall a great stay. The biggest issue was the pool towels!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2010

Dear reviewer,

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

For sanitary reason, our hotel decided, after his opening, to place our pool and gym towels in our guest rooms closet. They are located in a basket on top of the safety deposit box.

I hope that we will serve your lodging need again in a near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2010

This hotel is in the perfect spot in downtown Montreal. Super close to everything, I was able to walk anywhere I wanted to go. The staff was excellent and very friendly, made it feel like a home away from home. The hotel was super clean with beautiful amenities. My room was large and spacious and the fridge and microwave were the perfect additions to have in any room. I stayed 3 nights in a king size room and it was perfect. The underground parking is very secure which was comforting as I was a solo female traveler. I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in downtown Montreal.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Thanks again for your feddback.

We really aprreciate your nice comments about how you have been satisfied by our service and product. We will make sure that all our staff read your comments.

I hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2010

This hotel is a delight. Large rooms, comfortable beds, flat screen tv, free wifi, terrific bathroom, and great room service. The channel selection is far better than most 5 star hotels. The microwave and fridge are nice extras in the room. The rooms, hallways, and lobby are tastefully decorated. The gym and pool are superb.

Dear reviewer.

We appreciate your feedback and are glad to see how well was your stay in our new facility.

Thanks again

Reviewed 14 May 2010

This place is great. The staff is great. I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. I plan to write a more detailed review upon my return home

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review.

We can't wait to read the end our your experience with us.

Keep us informed upon your return.