“Simply the Best Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Plattsburgh, NY
“Simply the Best Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

I have stayed in a fair number of hotels over the years and the staff at this one are the best I have ever encountered. My family found the front desk people just so friendly and helpful. The young lady who checked us in saw me in the parking garage several hours after we checked in and greeted me by name. She was then kind enough to give me directions to some of the local points of interest even though she was off duty. The rest of the staff were equally ready to be helpful.
The room itself was quite nice, my daughter loved how soft the pillows were and rates all other pillows against these. The top floor pool has a nice view of the area and is long, if a little narrow. The restaurant on the ground floor was excellent, too. We had it all to ourselves since we ate at seven PM, way early by Montreal standards I think. The food was delicious and the wait staff were very pleasant and seemed genuinely concerned that we enjoyed dinner, which of course we did.
We had a wonderful stay in this property and recommend it for anybody wanting to stay in downtown Montreal. The secure parking in the basement is a huge plus in a downtown setting.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Iwantitallnow
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, 10 August 2010
Dear reviewer,
We wanted to thank you for your great comments on trip advisor. At Hilton Garden Inn Montreal, we are really all dedicated to our customer service and your feedback is important to us, our reward is to read positive feedbacks like yours. People eat late in our city, Montreal offers an europeen living style experience. We are all waiting for your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

I cannot say anything negative about this hotel. In fact, after staying here I went to Quebec City and it was hard to enjoy my hotel there after how modern, clean and spacious the room at the Hilton Garden Inn had been.

It is a real treat to stay in a new hotel in Montreal. Most hotels I have ever stayed in while in Montreal have that "faux new" look where they've just painted over old fixtures for an updated look. This hotel is new, no doubt. The pool was great (and open until 11PM), with a good view of Montreal (although hard to see out at night, but whatever).

I would stay here again for work OR pleasure. No complaints at all. Walking distance to everything: shopping, le Plateau, Saint Laurent, McGill. And it's located near Parc Avenue, so there are grocery stores, etc. to pick up snacks - and the hotel rooms have micros and fridges.

Thanks Hilton!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Tinygoat
Claley, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, 10 August 2010
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing our property for your recent stay in Montreal.
We are glad to see how great was your stay with us in our new and modern hotel that opened up 2 years ago. A quick tip for your next visit, take a chance to go on our terrace a wednesday night during summer, you will find the best view ever to watch Montreal's world fireworks competition. We hope to serve your lodging needs in a near future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Stayed at Hotel from July 31st to August 2nd with my family. First trip in years to Montreal. We had a blast. After much browsing of reviews, I picked this hotel and we were not disappointed. Excellent, clean, spacious rooms and bathrooms. Very clean, excellent service by the front desk and concierge. Christopher, the concierge on the evening of the 31st recommended and booked a restaurant for us in Old Montreal; Cafe de Franco. I was taken aback by his initiative. We thought we would have to go and book our own table, he did it for us. We had a awesome dinner there. All the staff I encountered seem to take pride in their work and the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.
Just a few drawbacks; treadmill in the gym needs to be replaced, parking in the two floors; 1 and 2 get filled pretty fast on weekends, especially when you return at night and then you are asked to self park on 6th level. Parking is around $22/day, maybe valet parking could be an option. Breakfast was great at the hotel; made to order eggs, were great. Awesome Depaneur (corner store) next to hotel. And great many cafes in the vicinity. Will definitely return and recommend Hilton Garden Inn, Montreal.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Vikram_10
Dear reviewer,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to share your impressions with our staff members. On a side note, we havedecided a few month after our opening in 2008 not to operate parking with valet as most our our customers prefer not having to wait a couple of minutes (can be over 30 minutes sometimes on pick season for hotels with valet service) before getting their car up front when it is time for them to leave our city.
Regards,
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

I took my parents to Montreal for a short visit who had come very far to visit me here in Canada from Asia. I chose this hotel preferably for them because I wanted this trip to be a memorable one for them and wanted them to have the very best time of their stay here in Canada. I think Hilton Garden Inn did exactly what I expected from them which exceeded my expecation in all catogories.The receptionist were very friendly, elevators were always quick, health club, jacuzzi and swimming pool were not crowded and above all, the queen sized rooms were spacious, very comfortable beds,good choice of channels and enjoyed the free self coffee maker ( starbucks ) and wifi reception was excellent. I would defintely recommend anyone going to Montreal to stay at this place and my next visit will always be Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tsuzum
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, 27 July 2010
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for submitting a review about our hotel on trip advisor website. We are glad to see that your parents had a great experience when visiting Montreal. As per your comments, it seems that they have enjoyed our hotel for many reasons and we will make sure to keep providing the same level of service for their future visit with us.
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

Absolutely the best hotel!! Recently 5 of us (one who is in an electric wheelchair) stayed at this hotel because out of the 7 other hotels I called regarding electric wheelchair & mobility accessiblity, this one was the only one who 1. had a staff member on the maiin desk that actually knew what I was talking about and was completely conversant with what the hotel offered and 2. had true accessibility. They have a room on each floor that is totally accessible. The doors are plenty wide, there are raised toilet seat, roll-in-shower - ( not a tub that you have to be able to get over the side of which is what all of the other hotel I talked to had), all the grab bars that could be needed, shower seat. lower counters & sink and plent of room to manouveur around the bed, desk etc.. Although accessibility was superb it was not the only great thing. Our other rooms were large enough and very comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful, kind, funny and knowledgeable. The hotel was spotless at all times. The restaurant food was very good, reasonably priced and again wonderful staff.
With it's central location we walked to many of the sites.
I have already passed on to a number of friends how wonderful our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank canuck1st
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, 26 July 2010
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your wonderfull experience with trip advisor community. Our hotel was build to be 100% accessible for wheelchair, from our main entrance on our lobby level to our roof top pool. We will make sure to let our staff knows about all your good comments..
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

I simply make this hotel my "temporary home" in Montréal.

Luxury hotel at affordable price

The restaurent is great and not expensive compared to everything around.

Dont miss Susan's smile at the bar and enjoy the nice "zen" terrasse.

Enjoy the salt water pool!

I've done them all... simply the best in Montreal for a reasonnable price

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank le-papa-razzi
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, 23 July 2010
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for completing the tripadvisor review. You have pointed out many of our key selling points and we are pleased that your stay in Montreal was memorable. We hope to have the pleasure of your return in the future.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

Four of us shared a 2 queen room. There was plenty of room for suitcases and shopping purchases. I was particularly impressed with the safety of the building. Our key had to be used in the elevator to get to our floor and our key only allowed us onto the floor with our room. The staff were friendly and helpful and always polite.

Only one recommendation...swim in the very early morning to avoid the many boisterous children in a quite small yet pretty pool. The pool and exercise room are shared with apartment renters who occupy the upper floors.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this review, 21 July 2010
Dear reviewer.

First of all, we would like to thank you for your review. We are glad to see that you have appreciated our safety with our key cards system for elevators and fitness area access. Our room sizes have been designed to easily accommodate 2 queen beds, a relaxing chair, a workdesk area, a coffe/microwave/fridge facility and leave enough space to walk around the room. We will make sure to share your comments with all our staff.