“A cafe with a soul”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Why go?
- The plateau is full of cafés and bistros, but a lot of them lack a real atmosphere, character, personality, soul, call it whatever you want. Well, Les entretiens has it.
- It is located right in that jewel of a neighborhood called 'Le petit Laurier'. A charming, slightly off-the-beaten-track part of the Plateau.
- For the music.
- The food is good. Slightly higher end food would suit the charm of the place very well, but then I suppose the idea is not to be too expensive a place.

What can be improved:
- The wine list. Definitely. It does not hurt to have a few good bottles. Please.
- Remove the 'Please let us find a seat for you ' sign at the entrance. As you walk in it almost dispels the charm of the place and makes you feel you just stepped in a Pizza Hut.

Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

I actually live a block away from this great little gem and first found it when i was apartment hunting in the area.

The food is fresh and tasty and i love that the portions are just perfect. After having supper and lunch here, i actually fell in love with their breakfasts.

Must check it out day or night. Great location as well, fun day walking Laurier street could be topped off with a visit here

Reviewed 28 August 2012

It's a great place to spend your evening. My boyfriend took a salmon salad and I took a salad with cheese and both were probably the best salads we've tried in Canada. Vibes here are nice and evenings life music is pleasant. I would definitely come back again.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Highly recommend Les Entretiens if you are looking for good food in a casual environment. It was perfect for us - very charming interior with a lot of character, nice live music - pleasant to listen to yet not overwhelming, great food. A great find, and will definitely return.

2  Thank theworldissmall
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We were visiting Montreal with two boys, all English speakers with enough French, to be understood. Found Les Entretiens on TripAdvisor and went for dinner because of family friendly reviews. This is not a kids restaurant, so you won't find hamburgers with ketchup and fries. What we did find was a charming local hangout. Live Jazz Music and excellent food. I don't want to mislead. This is not a five star restaurant with gleaming table cloths and a waitstaff hovering for your every minute. But everything we had was absolutely excellent and we were made to feel very much at home and catered to.

Not only would I recommend a return visit, we did return for Brunch the next day and the woman in charge (I assume the proprietress) gave us a large table at front that had a reserved card on it (we had not reserved) and was happy we'd come back.

At dinner she asked how we'd found out about the place and when I told her TripAdvisor she was genuinely surprised. She had not heard of it before.

In sum, I wholeheartedly recommend this place, my only drawback is that this is a local restaurant and I feel a bit badly thinking that it may become overrun by tourists.

3  Thank Muttony