“A Charming Bed and Breakfast in an Ideal Montreal Location”
Review of Le rayon vert

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
Le rayon vert
Ranked #47 of 146 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2010

My wife and I had a great time at this wonderful bed and breakfast. The house and rooms were charming as was the owner, who provided excellent breakfasts and conversation.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Le rayon vert

Reviewed 22 February 2010

I had such a lovely stay at le rayon vert. Diane was very welcoming and fun to talk to. She made great suggestions for places to go around the area. The bed and breakfast was very charming, and I loved playing with her friendly cat! My room was very comfortable and warm, and I slept completely undisturbed. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ballerina_kitty
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Great location in the plateau. Nice, quiet building, clean rooms, beautiful yard. Helpful host. Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I stayed for the first time at the Rayon Vert in the Plateau area of Montreal on January 11,12 and 13 for a congress at the Place Bonaventure. I found the B&B on tripadvisor from New Zealand. Although I was alone, the owner made me very welcome, and the old, character home in the heart of the French speaking (and happening!) part of town was just what I needed. A haven of tranquility and calm. I would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend to others.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank HubertWellington
Reviewed 15 December 2009

This charming B&B is just the place for those seeking to capture the European-like ambiance that Montreal has to offer. It sits in the Plateau section, about a 20 minute walk to the downtown and only a 2 minute walk to the Mont Royal Metro station. It is just a quick
stroll to 2 of the most lively/lovely streets in Montreal - Rue St. Denis and Rue Mont Royal -
full of shops and fabulous restaurants (Rue Duluth is only a couple of blocks away). It is also only 4-5 blocks from gorgeous Parc LaFontaine - Montreal's 3rd largest park.
I've been to Montreal many times and have even spent a couple of summers there. This is by far my favorite part of the city and the area that I would choose if I could live there again.
The B&B is a fabulous value and quite unique and charming in its own right. The breakfast gatherings are something that I look forward to each day - to converse with guests from all over the world is an education in itself. Diane Bouchard would warmly greet us each morning and join us around the table for good food and interesting conversations - sometimes French sometimes English - always enlightening. She is adept at both languages and as eager to learn from her guests as she is to share her vast knowledge of Montreal - its activities and its culture.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank BostonTripMan
Reviewed 11 November 2009

I was in Montreal over the weekend for a conference downtown, and I'm so glad I stayed at Le Rayon Vert. The neighborhood is beautiful, safe and friendly and there's lots of nice places to eat and shop nearby - after spending the day at a big hotel downtown, it was nice to "come home" to this place. Diane was a wonderful hostess - she helped me park, made sure I was comfortable, and helped me find my way around. The breakfast was simple but very very good - really nice croissants, a poached egg, good coffee. Not the fanciest breakfast but everything was top quality. The place itself is nice and homey - pretty small with only three bedrooms, which gives it a personal feel. Great price too! I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2009

The location of Le Rayon Vert is fantastic, close to the metro and lots of pubs, shops, cafes etc. Our room was impressive, very large and comfortable but we stayed 5 nights and I don't think it was vacuumed once during that time. Unfortunately we never felt really comfortable in the place. It was much more businnesslike than other b&bs we had in Canada and while there is a small fridge there is no tea/coffee facility, which I consider a basic need. The hostess is nice but since there were so many guests (full every night) we didn't get as personal a service as we had in similar size b&bs in Toronto & Ottawa. Four bedrooms share one bathroom and then a fifth through the breakfast room have one to themselves - not ideal. We were supposed to have a hot breakfast every morning but it was only offered 3 mornings out of 5 with no apparent reason! A bit disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple