“So disapointing !”

Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Los Angeles, California
“So disapointing !”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

French cuisine needs real skills. And based on our experience, there is a lack of competency in the kitchen over here ! Meals too salty, overcooked and not really good. The service is really poor with a bored waiter and completely overpriced !!! This restaurant is a "bring your win", so normally, you could expect a "correct" bill. But 3 appetizers, 3 main course for 270$ without wine or aperitif..... Montreal, Montreal, we have a problem....

• Visited February 2014

New York City, New York
“there's a reason when business goes down the hill”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I used to go there often simply because the tasting menu was outstanding. With $55( now at $60) you get state of the art quality. That kind of food I would pay $150 at any NYC French places. And every time I went, there was different items, never the same twice.

Having said all that, I went this week and ordered foie gras and scallop, the two items that's difficult to mess up. But the owner/chef did not cook and he lets the sous chef did all. Boy was that terrible! Flavourless, under cooked scallop, and burned bitter foie gras with pork. No attention to detail whatsoever and we paid 160, worst 160 ever spent.

When a restaurant becomes more and more quiet, don't blame the economy, try to find problems from yourself.

Laziness will not only make you gain a lot weight, it can also make you sloppy and stop care about what you used to care.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank K Y
Montreal, Canada
“Very good restaurant”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Been there a saturday night, we had the menu degustation and we added a Foie Gras.
Food is excellent, you bring you own wine, a bit expensive, for two people our bill was 170.00 including tips. On saturday night , the restaurant is full, very noisy, If you want a qyiet dinner for two, I recommend to go an saturday or during the week. Mor quiet and more relax.

• Visited November 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Failed birthday party”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

In my life I have never seen this... we were a big group of 24 people for my surprise birthday party. 3 didn't show up so they made us pay 130$ for those missing people. They had our credit card so they just charged it without even calling back before. In the end everybody was happy except my girlfriend - the organizer and myself - the birthday boy. The restaurant wasn't even full... the owner is really an idiot. Apart from that the service was okay but not great. The food was great but you already knew that... What a frustrating turn of event. At least if they just made you pay the profit and not the cost. It's not like they threw those steaks in the garbage.

• Visited October 2012
“I'd go back for sure.”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Beside the fact that there's two services, one around 6 and second around 9pm which becomes a limitation in terms of dinner time, we really loved the chef's preparations. Each time, we were never disappointed but pleasantly surprised. Only one thing I must ask to the chef, please do not use any corn as there's GMO in it for sure unless you can find organic ones. Thank you.

• Visited September 2012