“quick stop”

Ranked #83 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“quick stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had a late flight into YUL with an early flight out -- arrived around midnight and departed around 4:30am. We did not pay for room - was provided by airline. Hotel and rooms are what you would expect for a 3star property. Nothing that would prevent me from staying again but nothing outstanding. Service was good - fast check-in and check-out. Set up wake-up call with no issues and called taxi for us (which was very prompt) for early pick-up.

There is an airport shuttle -- we did not use. Arriving very late and tired we had no patience to wait around for it. Same for morning. The round-trip taxi cost around $40 - depending on the rate (and the rate you could get for staying at the Marriott in the airport) you could be spending close to what you would pay to at Marriott. I am big on convenience and stay at the in-airport hotels whenever possible.

Would probably stay again depending on the deals available at that time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Corona_2012_007
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Corona_2012_007,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the service you received during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Despite the belief that a guaranteed room type is guaranteed this was not the case for my stay at the Airport Crowne Plaza in Montreal. I was travelling with a friend for business/leisure and made a reservation for two beds. Upon check-in the desk attendant gave me the check-in document for review and I saw that we were given a King Suite. When I pointed this out and requested a room with two beds the attendent rebutted stating that this was a better room because it was a king suite and it would be more comfortable. I asked if there were two beds and she said yes and that there was a sofa bed. I pointed out that I did not want a sofa bed and she continued to rebut that this was a better room until later admitting that she did not have a room with two beds to give me. Since there were no options I accepted the room with a request that the sofa bed be opened and made. After waiting in the room for over an hour it was obvious that housekeeping had not been sent by the front desk. It took an additional hour to get new linens to the room and at that point I ended up making the bed myself. The King Suite was a very nice room and clean but it was not the type of accomodations that met my travel needs. Not at all pleased with the customer service. P.S. Sleeping on a sofa bed is not the same as sleeping on a mattress even if it is a suite. Negative experience overall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear TrippyEugenia,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations and service prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We also appreciate the high scores you gave for the Cleanliness and Rooms. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a wedding.

We booked a room for the night. When we checked in we were served by Jennifer. She was very friendly, pleasant and extremely helpful.

Our room was ok. The carpet had a very large wet spot on it in the centre of the room. We had to put towels on the floor to walk by. When we mentioned this to the front desk, Jennifer was apologetic and gave us free tickets to the bar. Unnecessary but greatly appreciated!

For a 4 star hotel, I would say this hotel is lacking. The room and hallways are in obvious need of repair. There were rips in the sofa in our room, and questionable stains on the throw pillows. The towels scraped my skin - bring your own!

Overall, the room was ok for one night but I would hesitate to stay longer. The best part of the stay was the service by Jennifer. Super friendly and gives great customer service. She made up for what the hotel was lacking.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jean-Paul S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Emilyswoods, thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Let me apologise for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I will address these issues with my team. I am very happy to read that Jennifer was friendly, pleasant and extremely helpful, thanks to employees like her we strive to deliver the best in customer service. I hope to have the pleasure of serving again in the future.
Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

First of all, I'd like to point out that this is not my definition of a 4 star hotel. The carpets in the hallways are old and disgusting and we were worried if the rooms would be equally disgusting. We were right to be worried!! At first glance, the rooms looked to be pretty nice, but on closer inspection we discovered the bathroom had not been cleaned, the furniture has stains on it and the button on the phone to call the front desk did not work.
At the front desk, we were told the buttons are not activated. We requested a new room due to the unsanitary conditions of the present room and felt lucky to have Jennifer from the front desk helping us. Without hesitation she agreed to help us in any way possible. We were given a new room on the executive floor, with a phone call later from Jennifer to make sure we were happy.
I have to say that this hotel is very run-down looking, unclean and extremely noisy and without the pleasant and helpful front desk girl, we would have left immediately! I would give the front desk staff a rating of Excellent, but the hotel itself gets a rating of Poor from me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jean-Paul S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Travel_Diva123299, I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience you has during your recent stay. We strive to have satisfied guests and we obviously fell short of your expectations. Your comments are well taken and will help us to improve ourselves. I am very happy to ready that you thought the service of the front desk team to be pleasant, helpful and excellent. I will pass on your comments to Jennifer and the rest of the team.
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the definition of pathetic. I made a complaint while I was there about no working shower and kids running up and down the floor we were staying on and ill I got was an I'm sorry for the manager. Ill be frank this hotel is run down and I hope I never have to stay there again for a wedding. I've contacted customer service several times and they as we'll do nothing. I'd get better service if La Belle Province had a hotel!

Stayed August 2013
Dear Amanda P, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and please let me apologise for our shortcomings. We do care for our guests and always want them to be comfortable and happy. It will be a pleasure for me to discuss your stay further you may contact me at your convenience.
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

this our first time tour in Canada .when our tour bus reach the hotel. I got a bit shock. The hotel location in a industrial and warehouse.it ok with me.when our tour group reach the front desk, there is wedding function going on so it quite crowded.it take 15min to get our room no.
first we had several issues to highlight-
when going to take the elevator only one is working, all the guest is using it.it take 15 min more all us to get in the lift to reach our room. After I went in to our room, I have found out the tv remote control is missing so my wife ask me to went down to the front desk to check it out. when I reach the front desk there is one guy using walkie talkie inquiring thru the maintenance guy it take another 10 to 15 min.he tell me the hotel did not have my room tv model remote control. I say what you going to do. He say need to change room.so I tell him I need to tell my tour guide. When I going to reach my room. The maintenance knocking on my room passing the remote to my wife what a lack of comnucation.now I going to take my shower I was in shock that the bath tub water cannot be drain.it take 3 hour to drain the water in the bath tub.it so exhausted night. Room ac cannot not working, wall paper peeling off the room refurbished halfway. The good point is this hotel has a large pool.
this hotel need to train they personal and treat they guest seriously
what a unbelievable.

Room Tip: room facing the carpark view got nothing to watch or view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jean-Paul S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Sadmagarita, many thanks for reviewing our hotel. Your comments are well taken and I will be addressing these issues with my team. I must apologize for these inconveniences. We always want our guest to be comfortable, energized and productive; we obviously failed and will strive to be better. Kind regards.
Manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel is seriously in need of refurbishment, both to the fabric and the personnel :

1. Dinghy paintwork
2. Soggy carpets from leaking radiators in the bedroom
3. Pleasant but undertrained staff
4. Dark,dull breakfast room

The Crowne Plaza (ihg) management need to consider whether this hotel is a good advertisement for their name.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jean-Paul S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear ArnoldManchester,
I would like to personally thank you for the feedback. Your comments are well taken and I will address these issues with my team. It will always remain our top priority our guest's satisfaction. I remain at your disposal should you want to reach me offline.