“Won't let me in!”

Ranked #83 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Won't let me in!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

PARKING! PARKING! PARKING! I went to a meeting at the Crowne Plaza today and I got stuck in the parking lot behind over 20 vehicles! How can you have your customers wait for so long to leave because of fence. To add to this, there is a ? mark for help, I pressed it, and waited over 5 minutes for someone to respond. Obviously this hotel is busy, nobody can leave! I will never attend an event at this hotel. Ridiculous!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Travis B,

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and concerns online. We highly value opinions and feedbacks as this assist us in our never-ending task to better ourselves.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay and we deeply regret that this has negatively affected your overall impression of our hotel. Guest comfort is of utmost importance to us and we always strive to provide the best accommodation, as such, your comments will definitely be taken into consideration for improvements where possible.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and we hope that you will give us another chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our hotel.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel while we toured the city. Since we drove all the way from Mississauga we were tired and hoped for a good night's sleep. That night it wasn't to happen as there was a birthday party at the open Banquet Hall downstairs. The music was too loud and it went on till late in the night. The first night's sleep was a nightmare!

We didn't really use any services at the hotel other than the Wifi as it was basically meant to be our shelter in the night and as most part of the day we were touring the city. It definitely was a little away from the city but it suited us because we had to go to Quebec City next and the hotel is in the same direction.

Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Varghese J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had during your stay and for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel was great, the rooms, the service were impeccable. The front desk staff were very professional and polite, Unfortunately there was an issue and that was the parking, there was a system that we had to insert our credit card but without paying.. why? We were in line for 25 minutes before entering the property to park our vehicle. I inserted my card 4 times and the gate stayed closed, so much for your system. Too bad, everything else was great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Angela L,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate the compliments on our hotel staff and room accommodations. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. We are sorry some aspects of the hotel system did not live up to your expectations. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with the appropriate management for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had a late flight into YUL with an early flight out -- arrived around midnight and departed around 4:30am. We did not pay for room - was provided by airline. Hotel and rooms are what you would expect for a 3star property. Nothing that would prevent me from staying again but nothing outstanding. Service was good - fast check-in and check-out. Set up wake-up call with no issues and called taxi for us (which was very prompt) for early pick-up.

There is an airport shuttle -- we did not use. Arriving very late and tired we had no patience to wait around for it. Same for morning. The round-trip taxi cost around $40 - depending on the rate (and the rate you could get for staying at the Marriott in the airport) you could be spending close to what you would pay to at Marriott. I am big on convenience and stay at the in-airport hotels whenever possible.

Would probably stay again depending on the deals available at that time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Corona_2012_007
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Corona_2012_007,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the service you received during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Despite the belief that a guaranteed room type is guaranteed this was not the case for my stay at the Airport Crowne Plaza in Montreal. I was travelling with a friend for business/leisure and made a reservation for two beds. Upon check-in the desk attendant gave me the check-in document for review and I saw that we were given a King Suite. When I pointed this out and requested a room with two beds the attendent rebutted stating that this was a better room because it was a king suite and it would be more comfortable. I asked if there were two beds and she said yes and that there was a sofa bed. I pointed out that I did not want a sofa bed and she continued to rebut that this was a better room until later admitting that she did not have a room with two beds to give me. Since there were no options I accepted the room with a request that the sofa bed be opened and made. After waiting in the room for over an hour it was obvious that housekeeping had not been sent by the front desk. It took an additional hour to get new linens to the room and at that point I ended up making the bed myself. The King Suite was a very nice room and clean but it was not the type of accomodations that met my travel needs. Not at all pleased with the customer service. P.S. Sleeping on a sofa bed is not the same as sleeping on a mattress even if it is a suite. Negative experience overall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear TrippyEugenia,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations and service prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We also appreciate the high scores you gave for the Cleanliness and Rooms. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a wedding.

We booked a room for the night. When we checked in we were served by Jennifer. She was very friendly, pleasant and extremely helpful.

Our room was ok. The carpet had a very large wet spot on it in the centre of the room. We had to put towels on the floor to walk by. When we mentioned this to the front desk, Jennifer was apologetic and gave us free tickets to the bar. Unnecessary but greatly appreciated!

For a 4 star hotel, I would say this hotel is lacking. The room and hallways are in obvious need of repair. There were rips in the sofa in our room, and questionable stains on the throw pillows. The towels scraped my skin - bring your own!

Overall, the room was ok for one night but I would hesitate to stay longer. The best part of the stay was the service by Jennifer. Super friendly and gives great customer service. She made up for what the hotel was lacking.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jean-Paul S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Emilyswoods, thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Let me apologise for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I will address these issues with my team. I am very happy to read that Jennifer was friendly, pleasant and extremely helpful, thanks to employees like her we strive to deliver the best in customer service. I hope to have the pleasure of serving again in the future.
Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

First of all, I'd like to point out that this is not my definition of a 4 star hotel. The carpets in the hallways are old and disgusting and we were worried if the rooms would be equally disgusting. We were right to be worried!! At first glance, the rooms looked to be pretty nice, but on closer inspection we discovered the bathroom had not been cleaned, the furniture has stains on it and the button on the phone to call the front desk did not work.
At the front desk, we were told the buttons are not activated. We requested a new room due to the unsanitary conditions of the present room and felt lucky to have Jennifer from the front desk helping us. Without hesitation she agreed to help us in any way possible. We were given a new room on the executive floor, with a phone call later from Jennifer to make sure we were happy.
I have to say that this hotel is very run-down looking, unclean and extremely noisy and without the pleasant and helpful front desk girl, we would have left immediately! I would give the front desk staff a rating of Excellent, but the hotel itself gets a rating of Poor from me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jean-Paul S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Travel_Diva123299, I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience you has during your recent stay. We strive to have satisfied guests and we obviously fell short of your expectations. Your comments are well taken and will help us to improve ourselves. I am very happy to ready that you thought the service of the front desk team to be pleasant, helpful and excellent. I will pass on your comments to Jennifer and the rest of the team.