“Great location!”
Review of Le Westin Montreal

Le Westin Montreal
Ranked #30 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Hotel has a great location where you can walk to many places as well as take the metro to others. We paid extra for the use of the Executive Club Room but later found out that we then were only able to get free waters and sodas from the room as it is not serviced.

We did receive coupons for free beer/wine and some appetizers but had to go to the bar for these. Buffet breakfast was included but service to receive even a cup of coffee was very slow.

Dinner in the restaurant was very expensive but very good.

Room Tip: We were on the very top floor next to the Executive Club and had a view of the air conditioning unit...
1  Thank smbruner
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear smbruner, thank you kindly for your feedback. Further to your comments, we will be making some changes amongst the room types to ensure upgraded categories also benefit from the greatest views. As this should be done within the next month or so, I hope you do us the pleasure of visiting again over the winter. Au revoir,

There are newer reviews for Le Westin Montreal

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed here during a recent business trip.

Let me start with the pros –
- This is a great location. If you want to visit the downtown area or old-Montreal, you are in the middle of it all.
- The place is clean and up to the Westin standards.

Now for the cons – (I’m elaborating a bit more here so you know where I’m coming from)
- There is no self-parking available at the hotel– you have to use the valet parking service and it’s $30 something/day. Since I wanted the liberty to park my car myself and carry my small bag, I asked the valet if there was a public parking around. I was disappointed that he could not suggest alternatives to his service, especially when it turns out that there is a public parking right across the street (I did not have to use it but I believe it's cheaper) and there’s also plenty of on street parking (at least when I was there) free of charge after certain time and up until 9am the next morning on most days.
- The service was slow – It took a good 20 minutes from the time I stepped into the lobby to the time I was assigned my room a the reception desk. Two receptionists were both busy with clients when I got there and I was next in line. When it got to my turn, it took a long time for the receptionist to find me a room – not sure what the issue was really, it sounded like it was tricky to find a room where I could stay in for 2 consecutive nights. To be fair, the person I saw at the front desk was in training (according to her name tag) and the other receptionist who was with her seemed at times more concerned with his own guests than trying to help her out.
- The room smelled like smoke - I ended up getting room 322. When I stepped in the room, I noticed a strong smell of smoke. Given that it was already super late and it had taken so long at the reception desk, I decided to make do with it given that the overall cleanliness of it was up to the Westin standards. The next day, I had to leave very early and came late again from work so did not bother switching room but the smell was still there (obviously, the smell of smoke did not go away on its own). I’m just surprised that they offer this room to guests – perhaps they thought I would not realize that people smoked in it? Before leaving I made a comment about it at the reception desk and I was told that all rooms are non-smoking. Perhaps they are but I guess that does not prevent some people from smoking in them.

Will I stay here again when I come to Montreal? If I really have to (after I make sure I really have a non-smoking room) but this hotel will certainly not be my first choice since overall I was not really impressed with the service.

Room Tip: Pay attention to the directions they give you when they give you your room key because the elevators...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Soliterre

Dear Soliterre, thank you very much for identifying specific service opportunities. Your comments are extremely valuable, and I am sincerely sorry we failed to deliver on those items upon your visit. Be ensured we will make the necessary improvements so that both cleanliness and service are well above Westin standards. Best regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2013

After reading positive reviews about Westin my fiancée and I chose to stay at Le Westin for a long weekend Montreal to visit Botanical Gardens. Hotel was lovely and in great location. The rooms are a bit on the pricey side, but after staying over night we felt like rooms were worth the splurge. Between the 'Heavenly Beds' and the blackout curtains you can definitely catch up on your beauty sleep! Found everyone at the hotel to be friendly and helpful with directions to sights around town. HOWEVER, DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING behind at this hotel, you will not get back. Yes, it was totally my fault for leaving my watch, necklace, and earrings in the nightstand. Upon realizing it when I got home I called the Westin and was forwarded to a housekeeping voicemail. I left two messages with detailed info and sent an email. These small items didn't have great monetary value, but being gifts from loved ones they meant a lot to me. I even asked if offering a reward would help them be located, The hotel did respond- they left a message saying that nothing was found in the room. Which means either A: housekeeping didn't do a very good job of cleaning after we left because the items would have been found by simply opening a drawer....or B: the items were found and simply not turned in. Either way, experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Still great hotel and in walking distance to Notre Dame Cathedral & St Catherine ST. JUST DON"T LEAVE YOUR STUFF BEHIND.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear JFB90, thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry those items were not located by our housekeeping team, and I certainly understand how this left you with a bad impression. Although I put my entire faith into our housekeeping team, I will take this opportunity to review your comment with them. I sincerely hope the quality of our installations and the service you received will convince you to give Le Westin another try when you feel like splurging in the heart of Montreal. Best regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our stay at the Le Westin was delightful. It is a Starwood property and is conveniently located to Vieux-Montréal,Chinatown, and the Latin Quarter.

If you are interested in visiting catholic churches, the Basilique Notre Dame, Saint Patrick and Cathedrale Marie-Reine-du-Monde are within walking distance to Le Westin. It is also close to the Amtrak train station, Victoria Square and numerous bistros.

Although our ability to converse in French was limited, the staff were most gracious and hospitable. Our accomodations on the seventh floor were spacious, quiet, comfortable and complete with amenities.

Bottom line, we liked Le Westin and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

It will be a pleasure welcoming you again at Le Westin, la8gumbo. I hope you enjoyed our beautiful city and I thank you kindly for having taken some time to share your feedback with me. Au revoir,

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms were very nice and included attention to the kinds of little details that make a difference for guests. Maid service was completely unobtrusive (e.g., no early knocks on the door) but swiftly completed - as soon as I left the room. Very convenient location, across the street from the conference center, next to old town and Chinatown. Starbucks on the corner a block away just before the Place des Armes. Nice gym. The pool is novel with a glass bottom but more like a big bathtub and too short for laps; after a wave to the parking attendants below, the fun was over. Nice restaurant and bar (the salmon tartare was superb; had to have it two nights in a row with our drinks). This place is well designed for Montreal winters with an enclosed drive in entrance. The hotel is a bit confusing to get around with rooms in different towers connected through second floor hallways and the gym is on the 4th floor of a different elevator system. My Starwoods member status didn't rival my Marriott Platinum privileges but some breakfast would have been nice. It was a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank fred200099

Thank you kindly for your comments, fred200099. I will let the Chef know about his salmon tartare. As a frequent traveler, I am sure we will get the pleasure of welcoming you with a Starwood Platinum status sooner than later. Be well,

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Booked on Priceline and was more than pleased with the results. Arrived later than expected and was worried we would have a king bed rather than 2 queens as I was traveling with my nephew, but 2 queens were offered without even inquiring. As you drive up under the see through pool, which is not as impressive as I had hoped, the valet took care of the car. I was surprised that no bell-hop offered to take our bags to our room. Food service in the area ends at 11pm. They do offer room service 24hrs, but we opted for junk food as we were hungry and did not want to wait. It was about a 4 block walk to Le McDonald's. Our only fast food on our visit.
There is a Bar/restaurant off to the right when you enter and then depending on which tower you are in elevators to the left and right from the top of the escalators. The staff was very helpful and welcoming.
The decor of the lobby and surrounds is very nice and appealing. The only negative I would have it the carpet area in the hallway on the room floors, worn and dirty. looked like it was midwinter after wet feet were all over it.
The room itself was spacious and comfortable. TV, mini fridge, IPOD radio safe, iron. WIFI was free in rooms and lobby area. The lighting in the room was a little subdued. The vaulted ceiling had room for a ceiling light, but they just had table lights. I would have liked the option for a brighter light on occasion.
The bath room was large, walk in shower with sliding glass door. Tile floor, hairdryer, etc. Only minor issue, which was just cosmetic, is that the bases to all the fixtures were loose. Both knobs on the sink, the robe hooks, made it seem just a bit unfinished, but no issues with performance. The bedding was very comfortable, scrunchy pillows and comforter that would keep you warm on the coldest nights in Montreal.
The Hotel is located across the street from the Convention center and access to the Metro. We drove , but used the metro for all our traveling in the city.
We did use the pool are and sauna. There is an attendant when you enter the pool area, located right next to the workout area. They had very nice equipment, if you decide to be healthy, rather than relax by the pool. There really is no locker room however, so keep that in mind.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Syd169
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Syd169, thank you kindly for your extensive feedback. It is no excuse, but a broken pipe did damage the carpet on a few floors a few weeks ago. Thankfully, damage was limited to the corridors and had no impact on bedrooms. New carpet has now been ordered and should be in place before you delight us with another visit. Take care,

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Le Westin Montreal was a great place to stay. Awesome location-10 min walk to the Old Port and lots of shops and restaurants around (unless you are looking for late night pizza or snack then there's nothing) The beds are comfortable and the rooms clean but the room service does take a while. Great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoganJulia
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for your good words, LoganJulia. For your information, we provide 24/7 room service, should you have a midnight crave the next time you please us with your visit. Au revoir,