“Good hotel near old Montreal with some service concerns” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Le Westin Montreal
Ranked #28 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Chantilly
“Good hotel near old Montreal with some service concerns”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Location: Nice hotel divided up into a few sections. Regardless of which wing you are in you are about a 10 minute stroll to China town, 5 minutes to Notre Dame, and abut a 30 minute walk to the old Port.

Room and hotel: I have 2 main complaints, 1) check in or anything related to the front desk takes forever, they just don't have enough people working during busy hours. I remember having to catch my plane and it took the valet about 30 minutes to pull my rental despite calling for it ahead of time. 2) My other complaint is the elevators take forever, and they are small. So don't be surprised to wait 3+ minutes or queue up for a ride upstairs from the lobby. The rooms are of good size, not all had tubs which we required because we had children, the hotel staff happily switched rooms for us.

Amenities: The pool is advertised as a selling point but it is super crowded. The adjacent gym is nice but apparently there's no gym etiquette here as there were several shirtless men working out. No need to dine at the hotel unless necessary, old Montreal and Chinatown are just minutes away and the quality and variety of food will be better.

Overall: 6.5/10. The location is great if you intend to see old Montreal but there are a handful of other hotels that offers this perk, Intercontinental next door for example. You can also stay at the Hyatt Regency a few minutes away and be more of a 'new' city vibe. I am sure others will share my concerns, the staff was generally helpful but I don't want to spend my vacation getting constantly queued up at the elevator or waiting for a valet.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Erin K
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Erin K, thank you very much for your feedback. We will work on your comments along with the Front Office team, and I am sure your next visit will be well over your expectations. Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Raymond St-Pierre, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I just recently returned from a business trip to Montreal, and I couldn't be happier with my hotel choice. I had booked one of their Deluxe Corner rooms and got one on the 22nd floor with a great view from my windows. The mini refrigerator and the coffee maker in the room (even though the coffe pods there were past their best before date) were great additions to the room. It was also great to notice that the free internet connection actually worked with no problems.
The buffet breakfast was great and highly recommended, even though the coffee being served by the waiters were at times unnecessary as I sometimes had to wait quite a long time before the waiter even noticed me enough to ask if I wanted some.
The other small negative point was when I arrived at the hotel around 10pm and it was -15C/5F outside, it was only 17C/63F in my room. Even though I do like my room to be a bit on the cool side when going to bed, 17C/63F is a bit too cold, so had wait a while before I was able to take my coat off and go to bed. Also the stone floor in the bathroom was a bit cold for bare feet, so a pair of slippers in the room would be a nice touch as well.
Besides these few minus points, I will definitely stay at Le Westin Montreal the next time I'm in the city for business again. All the staff were friendlyand the location was just perfect with an entry to the underground city directly from the hotel, which in the winter months is definitely a major plus.

Room Tip: Deluxe corner room in the St. Antoine tower, especially the higher floors, have a great view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear timrau1, thank you sincerely for sharing your positive feedback and improvement opportunities. Comments such as yours are extremely helpful in our day-to-day operations, and be ensured we will do everything in our power to make each of your visits an inspiring one. Be well,

Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I was extremely pleased with thsi excelelnt hotel. The staff was superb.They were professional and extremely attentive. They clearly excel in customer service. The room was very nice and comfortable. The location was very convenient to downtown. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Sam B, thank you kindly for recommending Le Westin Montreal. I am very pleased to read your comments about the associates and I will make sure to share them along. Be well,

Little Silver, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The stay was fantastic, staff helpful and very friendly! The concierge, Chantalle was terrific!! So helpful and cheerful! Our rooms were very comfortable as were our beds! The location of hotel is central to the city so made sight seeing very easy.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you kindly for your good words, Acsachs. I am happy to read you enjoyed your visit. It will be a sincere pleasure to assist you in making the most out of your next Montreal jaunt. Be well,

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

went for a business 2 day activity. Service was excellent, food was good, room more then ok.
Can't complain. Beds are fantastic. I slept like a baby. I recommend it. ok. it seems I have to add words in order to save this review. lol.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FrMcI
Thank you for your short and sweet review, FrMcl! We look forward to your return. Sincerely,

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I knew this was going to be a bad trip when we walked up to the check in and the woman at the check-in shot us a look. I feel like she heard our english accent and decided she really did not like us. This hotel should be stripped of its Westin title, horrible staff and mediocre rooms. Stay away,they are very rude to english speakers!

Room Tip: Go to anywhere else
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Emma N
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Emma, please accept my sincere apologize if anyone of our team made you feel unwelcomed. I would appreciate if you could contact my assistant, Mr. Paul Cochrane, to share more details about your stay. As you may have read from other reviewers, there is usually no language barrier between us and our guests, and be ensured that such attitude would not be tolerated. Having more information about your visit will allow us to follow up accordingly. Sincerely yours,

Port Coquitlam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Visiting the Westin with a large group I was pleasantly pleased to receive such great greetings and warm staff. Several of us were treated to extremely helpful people and banquet service. Banquet meals breakfast and dinner were a bit challenging but giving some grace to serving a huge credit I can never expect 5 star meals at banquets. The wait staff did a superb job of doing their best
The service in the lounge was somewhat slow and we had to "prod" the bartenders to serve drinks after the first pour.
The facility is excellent and blocks from Notre Dame and Old a Town. Great location

Room Tip: Enjoy the pool with the glass bottom above the lobby.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Goldwingman, I am glad you enjoyed the banquet facilities and service. I will follow up accordingly in regards to the bar service. Thank you for sharing your feedback and please come back to visit soon. Be well,