“Good Westin”
Review of Le Westin Montreal

Le Westin Montreal
Ranked #31 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed here 2 nights with friends in July. Its everything you would expect from a Westin. Clean, modern, updated, and very comfortable beds. The rooms were spacious and they had free wifi. Parking was bit expensive but the usual city prices. The location is the only downside in my opinion. Not many dining - nightlife options in the area. A bit removed from the city center but just a short cab ride away. Give it a try.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear locolos13, thank you very much for your fair review of Le Westin. While I can appreciate why some prefer staying right downtown, I would invite you back to our area to point out the endless dining possibilities that are located within just a short walk from Le Westin. Please inform us of your next visit and we will make sure you feast to the best Montreal delights! Be well,

Raymond St-Pierre, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,865)

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My family of 4 including 2 teenagers had a great stay at the Le Westin. Our room was modern and clean. We had 2 queen beds and a separate living room with a queen pull out. It was the perfect set up for our family. The location could not be beat. We were able to park the car and walk everywhere. The staff was very friendly and the gym was deemed great by all 4 of us. My kids LOVED the cold towels! The best part of our stay was that the beds were incredibly comfortable and the room was SO quiet. I would recommend this hotel especially for families with grown kids like ours. It's often difficult to find accomodations without booking and paying for separate rooms.

Room Tip: We were on the 15th floor which I beleive has some meeting rooms on it which may account for how qui...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear 4TravelingMartinis, I am happy the size of our Premium rooms was the right one for your family. I would invite fellow travelers to reserve this room in advance, as it gets quite popular in summer time. Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I had a very nice experience at the hotel. I had a King Deluxe Room I believe with windows that were from floor to ceiling, all the way around the room. The bed was unbelievable - didnt even want to get up. Room service was on point and food was amazing. The gym I tried out for a few minutes and its a decent size gym. Considerable amount of machines - treadmills, bikes, weights, towels, etc.
Location is right across from the Palais de Congress, literally right across the street. Not too far away for St. Catherine street. Each staff member I interacted with was professional, very helpful, and courteous.

I would definitely return to this hotel again if I had the chance.

Room Tip: Get the Deluxe Room for awesome window views all around your room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed one night with my family. My wife was so happy to stay here.
Everything was excellent but its swimming pool.
I understand its limitation located in the city center.
But the size of the swimming pool is tool small for the number of stars that Le Westin has.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Daysrnumber, thank you kindly for posting a review with such an inspiring title. I hope you enjoyed your visit as well as I look forward to welcoming you back. Be well,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice hotel in good location. However if westin heavenly beds are your brand and if there is a brochure in the room to sell the bedding make sure that the sheets cover the box spring. Fitted sheets only covered a couple inches of the box spring so that most of the box spring was exposed.. This should not happen in a westin.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed at the Le Westin for 2 nights. The room was very nice, quiet and spacious with comfortable beds. Great location for downtown and Old Montreal. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We would absolutely stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

It will be a great pleasure to have you back, cherryd1028. Welcome to Tripadvisor and enjoy your travels.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was attending my niece's wedding with my two sons last week. The wedding was at the hotel and we had booked under the wedding program.
We flew from out west and tried to check in at 3:00 PM which my understanding is the time the room would be ready. Since my sons (ages 22 and 20) and I were part of the wedding party, we were scheduled to have our pictures taken at 4:30 PM. This meant showering and getting into our formal wear as it was a black tie event.
The front desk advised me that the suite I had booked was not ready and she could advise as to when it would be. I was offered two options. Wait for the suite with no predetermined time or take a standard room with two queen beds. The reason why I booked the suite was so that my sons and I would have our own bed. Come to think about I was offered a third option which was to shower and dress in the men's locker room ( I assume the gym) which would not have been possible with the fact we were dressing formally and logistics of taking all of our bags and suit bags would be unrealistic to say the least.
With no other option, I had to take the standard room. After the photo session, I inquired about adding cot and this was declined due to fire regulations?? Consequently, I volunteered to sleep on the floor.
The following morning I was asked when checking out if I had a pleasant evening and you can guess my answer. Westin was going to charge me the same rate as a suite and I told them this was unacceptable and reduced the price to the standard room rate.
The hotel had many out of town guests staying there as the wedding party was in excess of 175 guests and they should have known that 1). I was a member of the wedding party, 2). offered a better solution with perhaps an upgrade and not downgrade. The staff actually told me that I should call in advance to make sure the room would be ready. Really?
Lastly, I valet parked my car and requested that our luggage be sent to our room. After 30 minutes I sent my son down to retrieve our luggage as it was still in the lobby and upon entering our room there was a post it note left on the TV from the previous guest which makes you wonder on the quality of housekeeping.
I am a Starwood member and wrote to the hotel and have not received a reply.

2  Thank flipinpc

Dear guest, thank you for having taken a moment to express your comments further to your recent visit. I apologize for the delayed response as I was attending a conference away from the hotel. I understood from speaking with the Front Office Manager that you have since then been in touch and came to an acceptable agreement for the inconveniences caused by the room not being ready upon your arrival. I hope you enjoyed the wedding nevertheless, and I will review the procedures with both housekeeping and front desk to ensure a seamless check in for all of our guests. I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your sons back in a near future. Best regards,