“"Gem" in downtown Montreal”
Review of Jade Blue B&B

Jade Blue B&B
Jade Blue B&B
Ranked #92 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed at the Jade Blue B & B for 3 days in April and had the most wonderful experience. A Charming Victorian B & B with a lovely hostess, Bettina, who was both accommodating and an incredible cook! We stayed in the Florence room which was bright and beautifully appointed with antiques and novelties. Bettina keeps the place immaculate. THe location cant be beat giving you the opportunity to experience the local feel of downtown Montreal. We will stay at this gem of a property again.....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stayed at the B & B for 5 days in July and everything was great! The room and bathroom were nice and clean. And the location is great! Minutes away from all the festivals. The hostess, Bettina was very charming and helpful, and she makes a mean tulip omelet!

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Be assured that I will never stay in a hotel that has such unusual cancellation practices. I saw the words "free cancellation" by the cost of the room and unfortunately assumed that they follow the policies of what most hotels mean when they say "free cancellation."

Actually it is not a free cancellation at all. When I attempted to cancel the room 8 days in advance, they attempted to charge me for the entire cost of the room. I called the booking agency, and only then did they follow the 7-day policy rather than a sudden 8-day policy, but I was still charged for one night, even though the cancellation was supposed to be "free," according to the way it was worded on the booking website.

This is wrong. I appreciate that this hotel followed their own policies regarding their 7-day cancellation policy, once the booking agency contacted them, but I do not appreciate their charging a cancellation fee for a cancellation that was billed on the website to be "free."

If I had know the cancellation were not free, I would not have booked the room.

This reminds to read carefully "the fine print." I made the stupid assumption that people are not out to rob me. Wrong.

Room Tip: be sure to read the fine print when you book this hotel with an on line agency
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trillius
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Arrived at B&B with sister & elderly parents. Did not know about the code to get inside
Due to it being located in tiny print somewhere on the reservation
We never got in the building but would not have stayed anyway. The homeless kitchen is just
down the street with drunks hanging out. Not a place to go sightseeing. Exterior of building
and surrounding area not at all charming as described.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank zoegirl06
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The owner does not live here and the care taker is part time, this should tell you enough to be wary of booking. I have stayed in enough B&B's to know owners who live in the space take pride in sharing their home. This particular place is looked after by a lovely lady, but I felt as though her hands were tied. Upon arival (in June) the room house was stifling. Having been to Montreal in June I knew to inquire about a/c prior to booking. Was told all rooms were a/c. Well, they had not been installed and it was upwards of 80 deegrees in the room all day and night! Miserable is the best was to describe it. We were moved downstairs to a room with one little window and an odd smell, trash under the bed and cobwebs on the ceiling. This place has so much potential and I must say Betina was very helpful and friendly but I couldn't help get the feeling she was only given so much to work with. With the proper owner it would be a lovely place.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2011

It's true that the neighborhood is not so good and it's hard to park a car around the B&B.
However, the hostess of the B&B was amazing. She was really kind and friendly enough
to take care of my daughter even she was so busy in the morning. My daughter really
missed her when we left the B&B. And the room was good, looked old but nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

You couldn't ask for a better location or a more charming old residence for a B and B. My husband and I stayed in the Medieval Room which is the day light basement and had it's own jacuzzi in the room~along with a set of armor! Our hostess, Betinna, could not have been more charming herself: fawning over us like long lost relatives. Our bed was wonderfully comfortable and we had plenty of room to spread out. It was a tad odd walking through the bathroom to get to the room but only a real nit picker would actually mind doing that. Our breakfasts were lovingly prepared and plentiful. Best of all, however, is Jade Blue's location which is walking distance to Chinatown, Old Montreal and the subway. Granted, the neighborhood around the B and B is a bit rough but we never felt threatened or scared in any way. We will most certainly stay at this lovely place again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple