“A wonderful birthday meal!”
Review of Petros

Petros
Reserve with OpenTable
Petros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,265 of 6,127 Restaurants in Montreal
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were 12 celebrating a birthday...the food was fantastic..service efficient and pleasant servers.
The appetizers were great....calamari,deep fried ( not greasy) zucchini...too many to mention.
We had a Greek salad( good feta) and green salad.
My main was salmon. .perfectly done and moist and my husband the lamb chops which he thoroughly enjoyed..
The dessert was birthday cake and a Greek specialty I did not recognize and I was too sated to eat anything else.
The restaurant was was almost full and the terrasse full.
I don’t know where a previous diner ate and what but we give this restUrant top marks!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Home-made like food, very pleasant atmosphere, nice decorations, waiters are quick and friendly, but respectfull. We have been twice there, once for a dinner inside when it was very busy still the service was done in an acceptable time frame, then for a lunch on the terrace, in a beautiful mild sunny day - the tables are in the shadoows of some trees, I would recommend the last three toward the back, otherwise it could be a bit noisy (and dusty) because of Sherbrooke street traffic.
Both times, waiter's service was super, food was very tasty and 'bring your wine' system worked well for us :-)
Good to know there is a SAQ in the vicinity, steps away, plus Le Bilboquet ice cream stor at the other corner, lots of nice stores around, even a good Metro grocery store across the street. I would say a great location for locals and tourists as well.
Street parking paid by plaque zone 1 or to the machine, if you are lucky, also a parking lot to the next corner near the bank, so it is manageable. Worst case scenario - Metro parking across the street, and do your shopping on the way out.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on fathers day early afternoon with a total of 6 people. What a disaster!!! The service was slow and the food terrible. Having ordered fried calamari, zucchini as a starter, both were soggy and tasted like they had been used to wash the floor. The lamb chops were overcooked and tasteless , like eating a leather sole. There are many problems with the Westmount location and if they don't get their act together , it will spiral downhill real soon! Cannot believe that the cook staff came from Milos???

1  Thank Jay A
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here on a couple of occasions and was never disappointed. On this occasion, I decided to sit on the terrasse. We were two, and were there for lunch. We asked to be seated under a parasol, at a table that sits 4. There was literally no one there. There was a row of no less than 8 tables for 4 with not one taken. We were told we had to take a table for 2 as this is « the policy ». The policy !!! Give me a break. This is a service industry, you don’t want to alienate clients under the best of circumstances, why does this seem to be such a mystery? Clearly, this so called policy needs to be revisited before more clients become former clients. How about using some discretion, common sense, and business sense.
In passing, when we ended our lunch and left, there was still a row of no less than, your guessed it, 8 empty tables for 4. I can appreciate this misguided policy of you have a full house ...
Totally incomprehensible and a crying shame.
Would love to have continued to support Petros, but they lost no less than two clients today.

1  Thank MontrealCampobasso
Reviewed 12 June 2018

I usually order fish when I am at a Greek restaurant or that restaurant's rendition of moussaka. In this instance, the first time of going I ordered a moussaka which was so tasteless as to be insipid. The second time I tried the restaurant's other specialty which was Gemista or stuffed (in this case ) yellow pepper. By the time it arrived at the table it was a mushy gob of overcooked rice in a completely disintegrated shell. The presentation was horrid and I knew that I would be eating pablum like rice. Just simply awful.
Both visits my friends had different fish on both occasions overcooked. Montreal has too many good Greek restaurants for this one to be tolerated. The only good thing about the restaurant was the waiter.
To make matters worse. We arrived at 6:00 and asked to be seated outside. We were told that we had to choose from tables for 2 all of which were pushed up against the wall. When I asked for a larger table I was, told that management had a policy that did not permit couples to occupy tables for 4. When we left at 7:30, 7 out of the 9 tables for 4 were not occupied. As much as I want this restaurant to work, it is at the foot of my street, there are serious problems both with management but mostly with the cook!