“Overpriced”

Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Montreal, Canada
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I like the concept of this place. I believe that a clean eating precedent needs to be more established in general and overall, however, I also believe that it should be affordable.

The vegan deserts are great and for those I will come back. When it comes to having a sit down meal with me, myself and I, or with a friend, I would probably opt out because it burns a hole in my wallet and leaves my stomach hungry.

I like the juices, particularly the "Red Lips", and for that I go back, even though its a bit over $10 for a juice. At the same time, its organic and Im busy so I need to get my nutrients.

Sweets, check.
Juices, check.
Overall service, average, and lengthy wait time.
Full meal, tasty, pricey, and not the most filling.

• Visited November 2013

Princeton, New Jersey
“A new vegan day has come!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

During our recent visit to Montreal, we had a wonderful lunch experience at Crudessence in Atwater Market. Everything on the menu is vegan and prepared to an exceptional standard. The staff were very informative, courteous and willing to answer our many questions about the various dishes on offer.....the ley lime pie (vegan, made with avocado?!) was particularly memorable.....we enjoyed the variety and quality of the food so much, we bought their recipe book...and we look forward to checking out the Rachel st location on our next visit!

• Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Fancy Vegan”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Crudessence just turned vegan eating into healthy and fun eating. That was my first vegan meal experience and althoug I really enjoy eating meat I must confess I really enjoyed trying a vegan meal. Food is fresh and the combination of flavours is unique. An excelent experience! Fancy place to go by yourself our to go hang out with friends! Also, little market makes you want to try all fresh food there!

• Visited July 2013
North Palm Beach, Florida
“Again & Again & Again”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our four day visit to Montreal had us eating three times at Crudessence. My wife is a vegetarian and I am a recovering omnivore with a predilection for vegetarianism.

Once was not enough at Crudessence. The food is fabulous --- fresh, attentively prepared and tantalizing to the taste buds. This is NOT your typical vegetarian restaurant --- a cut above with a well-trained and highly inventive chef.

Crudessence is pricey but well worth the price. The service is slow and needs improvement.

Montreal is limited in its vegetarian restaurants but Crudessence more than makes up for the lack.

• Visited July 2013
North Palm Beach, Florida
“Innovative raw vegan food”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The menu is quite extensive, the elaboration of the meals was excellent, and the restaurant was characterized by a feel of bonhomie on each of the 4 times in 3 days that we ate here. The Balneaise, created for a summer Chef competition, was particularly spectacular, but the crepes, Om burger, and veg sushi are all superlative efforts. The ingredients are fresh and organic and combined in innovative ways. This is around the corner from the Museum of Art, and is located near Concordia College. Plenty of parking available.

• Visited August 2013