“Best Value!”
Review of Studio Living B&B

Studio Living B&B
Ranked #7 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife, daughters & i rented the 2 ground floor studios for 4 nites & i have to say, the photos & descriptions on the website do not do them justice. The units were far better than we expected, plenty of space for 2 people in each, the kitchen is very large & there is a washer/dryer in one of the units. One big issue for me is the bed, as i have a bad back. The bed was very comfortable.

Michel provides breakfast every morning which you get to enjoy in the privacy of your own apartment. The 2 units share a beautiful backyard garden, free parking on the street, which is in a very central neighborhood. Michel did a great job answering all our questions, recommending places to eat & what to see... overall an excellent host. We have stayed in B&Bs in the US, Canada & Europe and we all agreed this was the best.

Room Tip: ask for the ground floors
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank morgalex
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Bonjour Michael,

Thank you for this amazing review: you are making my week! :-)

It was a real pleasure to meet you and all of your familly... And it's always an honor when people choose Studio living for a familly reunion!

Really happy you enjoy your time at Studio living and you are welcome anytime when you come back to Montreal!

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review: it's always a big lift up for me to try to do better, when I have such a great feel back...

Cheers!

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Older area of Montreal. Michel has really done a nice job with the units. The studio is all yours. It has a separate kitchen area, which enables one to bring in food instead of going out. Big help: washer and dryer, which is a bonus in the middle of a trip.
The apartment makes you feel like you have elbow room.
Michel supplies all sorts of info re restaurants and sightseeing. Can't go wrong staying here for a few days.

Room Tip: A GPS really helps tp locate the apartments.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flohr
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Well...

Thank you for the nice comments! And has mention in your title: Studio living is indeed, a private gataway!

Really glad you enjoy your time here...

Reviewed 4 October 2012

We spent three wonderful days in Montreal with very comfortable accommodation at Studio Living B&B. The location is excellent: on a quiet street yet close to many good restaurants, interesting walks, the Metro, shops and entertainment. We were in Montreal for the Rock 'n' Roll Oasis half marathon and found Studio Living to be in easy reach of the start at the Jacques Cartier Bridge and thankfully, only 5 minutes walk from the finish at Parc LaFontaine! Michel was a very gracious host, providing us with all the information we needed, plentiful breakfast supplies and a very clean, comfortable studio. The private patio & garden outside is a lovely place to relax - so peaceful. I have already recommended Studio Living to friends who are planning a trip to Montreal next month - and we would definitely stay there again next time we visit this beautiful and vibrant city. Michel - merci beaucoup!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Madeleine L
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Bonjour Madeleine,

I'm really happy you enjoy your time at the studio with your familly!

And indeed, the studio has one of the best location during Montreal's marathon... And I'm gald you enjoy our garden as well...

Thank you for taking the time to write this review: you are more then welcome to come back anytime! And thanks for the spreeding the words...

Have a great fall season!

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I had a wonderful time at Studio Living B&B. As a woman travelling alone, I felt very safe in the area and kept to well-lit streets. The neighbourhood is quaint with several places to buy beautiful fresh cheeses, breads and fruits. Michel (best B&B host ever!) made me feel comfortable and almost like family from the time I met him. The studio was decorated to perfection with everyting well maintained and spotlessly clean. The selection of breakfast items was perfect and the quantity excellent. There was even chocolate! Michel had several helpful tips and suggestions to make my time in this beautiful city even more enjoyable. The proximity to the Metro was a great feature. As I told Michel, I can't imagine coming back to Montreal and not staying at Studio Living. Thank you Michel for your warmth and hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Bonjour karen,

Wow! You are too nice! Amazing review, thanks! And you were a great guest as well! I'm glad you enjoy your time away from home and if I was able to make it even better, well my job was well done!

Have a great fall season and you are always welcome to come back for more!

Cheers!

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Because I had a nice choice to stay at The Studio Living. Especioly, Thank you for your kindness and taking care of me , Michel, owner! I relaxed at this studio, because it has a space, 2 room and backyard, Michel keeps clean and taking care of kitchen well, including several kind of foods, location also good. Although I visited Montreal by myself, but I was able to enjoy to stay at the Studio, like stayng at home and in Montreal. I would like to stay at Studio if I'll visit Montreal again.
Michiko Otani from Japan

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Michiko,

It was a real pleasure to met you here, in Montreal: you came a long way to visit! Really happy you enjoy your studio and had time to discover the city and all...

And yes, you are right: Studio living is a bit like home away from home! Glad you enjoy it!

Until we meet again...

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Had a great time staying here, very comfortable, well decorated, every mod-con. I loved the garden at the back and sitting in the sun, making my own breakfast with all favourite food, and above all owner Michel who was super helpful and kind. Well situated for exploring Montreal, with bixi bikes at the end of the road. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Wow!

Thank you for this nice review! Really happy you enjoy your time at Studio living! Always welcome to come back for more!

Thanks for taking the time to write this review!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Just the perfect place to stay at if you are travelling with kids. We stayed here for three nights and it was just what we wanted. There was a little backyard for the baby to run around in. The rooms were stylish and spotless. The breakfast was croissants, juice, cereal etc. Nothing fancy or cooked but totally sufficient.

The studio has everything that you could need. Washer, dryer, fridge, microwave, tv etc etc. Only minus was ours did not have a cooking range, but Michel did oblige for some of the things that I needed.

Michel is a great host. Non intrusive but full of information. Our studio was perfectly set up and looks just as it does in the pictures.

This BnB is more of a studio apartment than a conventional BnB. Which was great for us cause we had tons of privacy and space (much needed things with a toddler)

Would I stay here again. Most certainly!

Just as an after thought. This place has the best damn housekeeping ever. Everyday we came back, our room looked like we were walking in for the very first time. They would even wash all the milk bottles and arrange them neatly. I have never experienced anything like it before!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelerr59
studioliving, Owner at Studio Living B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Wow!

Thanks for all thoses nice comments! Specially for the cleaness of the room: I try to offer a bit of the service you can find in a hotel with the cleaning service... Really happy you appreciate the service...

It was a real pleasure to meet you guys and little Gia: what a beautifull little child!

And thank you for taking the time to write this reveiw!

More then welcome to come back!