All reviews modern hotel room service rooftop terrace construction project old montreal nespresso coffee maker toilet and shower standard room corner suite comfortable bed rooms are small floor to ceiling windows huge windows ironing board lobby bar valet parking walking distance
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel Monville is centrally located. The rooms were clean and modern. The hotel staff were helpful. This is a great place to stay for a long weekend in Montreal. I would highly recommend it for personal or business travel.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Abir S, Responsable de la réception at Hotel Monville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this great review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed with your recent stay at Hotel Monville.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Four night stay at Hotel Monville, and it was a superb one!

Check-in was efficient and effortless.

Room is spacious, plenty of room to handle two suitcases, big screen TV (with cable TV), shower and typical room amenities - wardrobe, in-room safe, iron, ironing board, toiletries (such as shampoo, soap, etc), proper drinking glasses, pod-coffee machine; I had a king sized bed, which was really comfortable.

The rooms is new, modern and minimalist, things like shower operation is easy to use - the showers have a rain shower head and great water pressure; many of the hotel's services are operated by the Cable TV system, like ordering room service.

Wi-Fi is free, and connecting to the network was easy as a guest.

If you have to order room service, you're in for a treat - they use robots here to deliver the meals which is an interesting change from the norm.

Two negatives I will point out is that it can be hard to plug in external USBs or laptops into the TV for watching stuff; and the room service items I saw whilst browsing all looked like cold items (I.E - no hot food).

Location-wise, 10-15 minute walk from to the main shopping area on Rue Saint-Catherine, and a 3-5 minute walk to Place d'Armes metro station.

You're right in the middle of Montreal, so you can access essentially the old town, the shopping village or Chinatown within a 15-20 minute walk. Areas beyond that are easily accessible via metro.

There are plenty of restaurants, pubs and bars around for a feed, and walking to Rue Saint-Catherine will also yield many popular Canadian / US fast food places too!

There's also a bar in the hotel.

Hotel also offers valet car parking.

Service from the hotel staff is excellent, courteous and efficient.

Overall, it was an amazing stay, and I definitely would stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear guest,

Wow - Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay at Hotel Monville. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Monville experience. It will be a real pleasure to see you again at the hotel.

Reviewed 5 January 2019

It is my second time staying at Hotel Monville when visiting Montreal. The staff was amazing. I booked a lower level room but kindly asked if it was possible to get a higher level room in a corner because I am also a photographer/videographer and wanted to get some nice pictures taken and the front desk clerk helped me out without hesitation and I am thankful for that!

I will recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Montreal because it is close to everything!

Room tip: Best views facing the Old Port
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Abir S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Monville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2019

Dear Osas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed the Monville experience and it is always a pleasure to hear such kind words about our staff. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 2 January 2019

Went with two friends for a night. The check-in was efficient, room service was quick and the rooms are soundproof. Great view from the room! Really enjoyed the Nespresso coffee in the room. The hotel is very well located, it's very central but away from the regular downtown noise.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Abir S, Responsable de la réception at Hotel Monville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this 5-star rating! It will be a real pleasure to see you again at Hotel Monville.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2019

Hôtel Monville is sleek, modern and affordable. My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night and wished we had more time to explore the city. The hotel's location is excellent and within walking distance of Montreal's train station, which was perfect for us as we had to catch a 9am train to Quebec City the day following our stay. I recommend checking out the rooftop terrace at night - the views are spectacular. (And it's where I proposed!) We also loved the room service robot. Beep, boop!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Nathan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Monville experience and we hope to see you again very soon.