“Very popular neighourhood spot”
Review of L'Academie

L'Academie
Ranked #1,340 of 5,852 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I ate here on a Wednesday night which is one of their "cheap" nights with pasta dishes on for $9.95. I had the cannelloni with salad and it was more than enough food for a meal. Overall the food was good but not special. It is a very big restaurant (we had to wait 10 minutes for a seat) but the service was good. We didn't realise that it was bring your own wine until after we had ordered, or would have stopped at the depanneur on the way.

There are newer reviews for L'Academie

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had an excellent lunch at the location 4051 Rue St-Denis. Half a lobster with steak, sauteed vegetables, and risoto (a "plate") for $20. Service was very good. White tablecloth but covered with white paper. The restaurant is on the corner of a quiet side street, with windows on St-Denis, so we could people watch Rue St-Denis without the usual noise. Vegetables and potatoes were very nicely prepared. I would go back anytime. Bathrooms were very clean. They also have upstairs seating. Bring your own bottle (SAG across the street).

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Evidently not...there are two choices at this restaurant; well done and raw and ratty. We dined there on Friday, 6/27, party of four. When entering the restaurant we probably should have taken the hint when the air conditioning was not working properly on a very hot evening and the noise levels (from a couple of large groups) were through the roof. We continually had to ask for water refills and the service in general was one step above poor. The kicker was the steak I ordered. After being told it was 16 oz sirloin I ordered it medium, anticipating a mouth watering vent. I cut off a piece at the end , saw it was very well done, called the staff over and was asked to cut it in the middle. Low and behold, the middle was well done and back it went only after the server asking if I wanted it more or less done!! The next service was an 8-10 oz. piece of grizzled rare meat that was mostly left on the plate for the chef to chew on!!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

we are here again for f1. this time for 2014. another installment. business and pleasure.

as a tradition we go to L'Academie. we went to the one on Saint-Denis. wonderful place. they do not take reservations unfortunately. however, since this year was more quiet, we had no problems. also since we were a smaller group of 3, it went quick. larger groups will have to wait, so call ahead.

sat down and immediately opened the wines. then ordered the mussels. ordered dijonaise, madagascar and provencial. skip the provencial. order two madagascar. holy crap. even better than last year. this time we have a newbie, my brother. he tried the madagascar and was in love. so we had to order more food. after the mussels, everything is inferior. had some rack of lamb. good. but back to the mussels. once we were done, we tried some dessert. what a meal.

would highly recommend. if you cannot go the one at Saint-Denis, i think they now have one close to Saint-Catherine.

have fun.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

i have eaten at L'Academie before and it was fine but this meal, at the Crescent Street location, was quite poor. Service was good and the outdoor seating great but both my companion and I were surprised by the low quality of the food