“Great food at reasonable prices!”
Review of L'Academie

L'Academie
Ranked #2,148 of 5,724 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food at reasonable prices!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

While traveling through Montreal in early August, my friend who lives in Montreal suggested this restaurant. It looked like something out of Europe with dining on the terrace and also inside. We opted to eat inside on the second level. As this was a BYOB place, we brought a nice bottle of wine and happened to eat on their "inexpensive $9.95 night." My entree was a shrimp dish with mushrooms and sauce over pasta. It was a large portion and delicious! My girlfriend had the mussels with garlic and the aroma made me "want to grab some." We did start out with fried calamari as an appetizer and that was great, too. We passed on dessert but the service was efficient and friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting the city. Lots of locals go here and everyone is so friendly. Also, wonderful people watching!!

• Visited August 2014

Calgary, Canada
“délicieusement bon”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

On a late evening stroll along Rue St-Denis we found ourselves climbing up the stairs toward this nicely nestled restaurant in Montreal City. My very first own experience of a "BYOA" (bring your own alcohol), the ambiance and service was superb - fast, efficient yet friendly and accommodating. Their seafood entrees are highly recommendable, from the Risotto and fresh mussels - every item in their menu looks worthwhile giving a try. Highly recommended to travellers.

• Visited August 2014
Annapolis Valley, NS
“Very popular neighourhood spot”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I ate here on a Wednesday night which is one of their "cheap" nights with pasta dishes on for $9.95. I had the cannelloni with salad and it was more than enough food for a meal. Overall the food was good but not special. It is a very big restaurant (we had to wait 10 minutes for a seat) but the service was good. We didn't realise that it was bring your own wine until after we had ordered, or would have stopped at the depanneur on the way.

Visited August 2014
Rochester, New York
“Rue St-Denis location lunch was terrific!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had an excellent lunch at the location 4051 Rue St-Denis. Half a lobster with steak, sauteed vegetables, and risoto (a "plate") for $20. Service was very good. White tablecloth but covered with white paper. The restaurant is on the corner of a quiet side street, with windows on St-Denis, so we could people watch Rue St-Denis without the usual noise. Vegetables and potatoes were very nicely prepared. I would go back anytime. Bathrooms were very clean. They also have upstairs seating. Bring your own bottle (SAG across the street).

• Visited July 2014
Dublin, New Hampshire
“Can they cook a steak?”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Evidently not...there are two choices at this restaurant; well done and raw and ratty. We dined there on Friday, 6/27, party of four. When entering the restaurant we probably should have taken the hint when the air conditioning was not working properly on a very hot evening and the noise levels (from a couple of large groups) were through the roof. We continually had to ask for water refills and the service in general was one step above poor. The kicker was the steak I ordered. After being told it was 16 oz sirloin I ordered it medium, anticipating a mouth watering vent. I cut off a piece at the end , saw it was very well done, called the staff over and was asked to cut it in the middle. Low and behold, the middle was well done and back it went only after the server asking if I wanted it more or less done!! The next service was an 8-10 oz. piece of grizzled rare meat that was mostly left on the plate for the chef to chew on!!

• Visited June 2014