“How does a place like this even opperate?”

Le Chablis Hotel & Suites Cadillac
Ranked #122 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“How does a place like this even opperate?”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Let me say first off the website is misleading beyond belief. The pictures make it look beautiful but it's anything but. For the price it looks like a high roller hotel, hot tub, unique rooms, all that jazz. But when we entered it was anything but. The first problem was parking, we couldn't even find a spot to park the car and were constantly fighting with lot sharks searching for a space. We came here for valentines day because it looked romantic, but it was anything but. The first thing my girlfriend said when we entered was "is this a sex hotel?". It was GREASY. It looks like they rent the rooms out by the hour. The entire place reeked of cigarettes and the staff did everything they could to dodge clients. The speakers in our room didnt work, remotes were taped together and barely registered a command. The plumbing was messed up and the overflow drains reeked of feces. The breakfast was terrible, everything came pre packed in plastic. The only thing that was nice was jacuzzi but only god knows how clean it was. EXTREMELY over priced for the stay. The mirror above the bed was kind of creepy too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank TrooperMax

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Worst hotel, this hotel stinks, smells like smoke everywhere. I/D make reservations the previous day and pain in full... However, when i went to check in my room at 10:00PM, The hotel staff tome me that they didn't have any rooms available. Being that the check in time is generally 1:PM It baffles me that the room I'D booked for had been re-sold to another guest by the night. After waiting for for 30-45 min, I was given a room that looked nothing close to the pictures the hotel has posted online, & in addition, was infested with the smell of smoke, Upon bringing the matter to the attention of front reception ,I was told that no additional rooms were available and therefore no accommodations could be made. I wound not recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially those visiting with family.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jaskaran k

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Reviewed 29 June 2013

This place smells like cigarettes and must. To watch a movie it is 11.00$ per movie. The rooms are so small. The contential breakfast Is a messy area creme on the floor and still frozen food to eat. The best part of this place is the beds they are comfy. GO TO A DIFFERENT HOTEL PEOPLE.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Paulyfever
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The Site is Extremely missleading!!!, wish i would have checked tripadvisor before actually going! i was planning a getaway weekend for me and my wife, weve been together for 10 years,, and wanted to do something special, the pictures on the site looked Awesome, but upon arrival our 200$ a night room was in a basement with discusting smell, by jumping i could hit the ceiling. very clostophobic, i said to my self, screw it,, i want a good weekend with my wife so i went to the office to upgrade room, went for the room 207 wich is all in blue for 275$ a night, room was a second floor, still a gross smell, and ceilings still very low, room was WAY smaller than the pictures! nothing looked clean,, i was very disgusted, i just took the loss of 275$ and left and instead i stayed in a Super nice suite at the Hilton's Embassy suites for 169$ a night... Now that was awesome!! sorry people.. but dont settle for Chablis... keep shopping! Please!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank WolfBenW
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2011

First of all, their website is very misleading. Upon arrival, we were met with a horrible stench that lingered in the creepy hallway. It was dark, dingy and the awful smell did not help to ease our discomfort. My girlfriend and I were trying to celebrate my birthday and had planned to stay in the priciest of all the rooms, which was $375.00.
The man at the front desk was very rude on the phone, and once meeting him face to face, it was even worse. He was callous, rude, and impolite. He implied that we had an animal in our luggage, assumed we wouldn't be able to afford the room, and then warned us not to have any partys or other guests in the room with us. We signed our lives away on these documents with 50 questions, and CLEARLY signed that it would be just the 2 of us. I began to get very frustrated but went to check out the room anyway. Honestly, I`m 5`8 and my head nearly hit the ceiling. For nearly $400.00, the room was a piece of crap. Dark, dingy, claustrophobic,and seemed dirty. I chose NOT to stay there and highly recommend that NO ONE EVER GO THERE. Instead, there is Motel Ideal on Lajeunesse. which is much cheaper and nicer. Not to mention, you won't be harrassed for 35 minutes by the psychotic man at the front desk. You're welcome.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple