“Wonderful Hotel”

Auberge du Vieux-Port
Ranked #9 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I just stayed at this hotel and loved it! The staff, Veronica, Lara, Renee and their colleagues went above and beyond to make our stay a memorable one. The room was romantic and overlooked the St Lawrence River. They also included a hot breakfast every day which was delicious in their on premise restaurant. Located in the heart of Old Montreal, everything was just outside the front or back doors. You will not be disappointed staying at this great hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river. Room 503 was perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Auberge du Vieux-Port, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear JustinBaronsMom,
On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for mentioning us, it reassures us that you had a memorable time.
It is our pleasure to make sure you leave us wanting to come back and it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Auberge du Vieux-Port

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I loved the decor of this hotel -- exposed brick, romantic iron headboards & views of Old Montreal. Really great location for meandering the charming blocks and exploring the great dining scene. I found the staff very helpful and polite. I recommend the hotel highly for those looking to experience historic Montreal but incorporate some of its modern restaurants & bars.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dlcuratolo

Bonjour,
The good restaurants are in the old Montreal and we’re really happy to hear that you enjoyed it all.
We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience you had at the Auberge du Vieux Port.
Merci

Reviewed 30 May 2014

From the minute we stepped out of the taxi we were greeted by Frederic who was extremely friendly and accommodating. The same was true for everyone at the concierge. We stayed in a river view room with all of the old charm of Quebec but with modern facilities. The room came with a free buffet breakfast and one item from the menu. Breakfast was served in their restaurant Gaspar - also a great spot for a night cap and dessert. The hotel was centrally located and definitely a great location to walk anywhere in town. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great couples getaway.

Room Tip: I use trip advisor all of the time to get great information from people like myself and would recomm...

Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire family at the Auberge du Vieux Port, we’re happy to hear that you felt welcomed and that you had a memorable time.
Thank you for recommending us and we do hope to also have you come back for your next romantic getaway.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I like this Auberge- it's my second stay here- and again I stayed for 3 nights. The greeting is great on arrival. Fred, the smiling and helpful, has been here both years as I arrive and he's a real gem. My room was not ready when I arrived and it literally was not available until the stroke of 3:00pm even though I was told the people had checked out at 11:30 am. Except for Fred, the other hotel staff were polite but not terribly warm. Definite change from last year when I felt truly welcomed across the board. My room was one floor below last year's-- a river view- but I have to say the room looked a little worn out. Still great post and beam ceiling, lovely view, but the walls needed paint, the bathroom needed a little updating, the amenities were okay but not nearly as nice as what I'd just experienced in Quebec City. However, maybe I'm being picky. At the end of the day, the location is terrific, the bed is comfortable and clean, and the TV worked. Taverne Gaspar, their restaurant, serves breakfast which is included with your room charge. Wait staff is not great in the morning- either understaffed so service is slow, or they are fooling around giggling with each other and not really paying attention. My server this morning asked me THREE TIMES (not kidding) what my room number was. The hotel needs a little $ and attention- still nice- but it's getting dated and shown up by other hotels in Quebec.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Auberge du Vieux-Port, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Bonjour Madame,
I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to share your experience you had at the Auberge du Vieux Port.
The front desk Staff is always willing to have or assign a room that is ready earlier then the time it’s guaranteed; rest assured that it was not done intentionally.
As for the restaurant Staff, I will pass the information to the Manager because something like that is not acceptable and it is not something that often happens.
We do hope to welcome you for a third time very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had reserved a room at Le Petit Hotel for our 3rd night in Montreal, but were asked to move to Auberge (their sister hotel). We were glad we did. The staff were very nice. The room itself (201) was absolutely beautiful with wood floors, stone walls, old beams and 2 parisian-style windows that opened to a view of the river. The bathroom was very modern with a stand-up shower and waterfall shower head. The bed was very comfortable if you like a soft mattress. It was worth it to use the valet service rather than try to find parking. The hotel elevator tends to be a little slow, but we didn't mind using the stairs, being on the second floor. Also, the location couldn't be better, with the main square just around the corner, and everything else in Old Montreal within walking distance. We really enjoyed it here and will return on future visits.

Room Tip: International travelers can get a refund on certain taxes, such as those charged for lodging in Cana...

Dear Guest,
As we all say, everything happens for a reason and we’re glad that everything was excellent during the time you spent with us at the Auberge du Vieux Port.
We look forward to welcome you back during your next visit to Montreal.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at the Auberge du Viex-Port for 3 nights, it was a very good experience, the staff was very polite, organized and willing to do anything to make their clients happy. The room was impecable and it was close to everything. I recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to be in the middle of the old Montreal which has the best restaurants and bars in town!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Auberge du Vieux-Port, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Monsieur Pietro R,
We’re glad to see that your three night stay bat the Auberge du Vieux Port was excellent.
Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

3 nights at this charming hotel with a great location, very comfortable bed, great bar the Gaspar where they serve your delicious breakfast that is included, including coffee and fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juice. Also a microbrewery and oyster bar! Roof top Terrace fantastic but they only open it if no rain in the forcast. Ask for Veronica at the front desk, she is awesome!!! Made great recommendations for restaurants and booked them all for us!! Let's you choose and happy to help. Matthieu the valet guy over the top friendly and he remembers your name and room number on site! Minor problems with our room, shelf in shower broken, chain lock on door broken, toilet chain too short and toilet was running, but I was able to fix that myself. In fairness I told them about it at check out and the manager was writing it all down so I have to believe they will fix it all. Personally we were very happy with our stay!

Room Tip: We treated ourselves to room 502, a riverside deluxe King, with lots of room, separate bath and show...

Dear Guest,
On behalf of Mathieu, Veronica and everyone here at the Auberge du Vieux Port, we thank you for staying with us.
Everything mentioned during or after your stay that is maintenance related will definitively be taken care of. That is how we perfect the service we provide for you to be happy with your experience.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you again.