“Friendly Employee”

Comfort Suites Downtown
Ranked #67 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
“Friendly Employee”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

May 10, 2014 Went for a mother's day celebration in Montreal and booked the hotel (Quality Inn) which is in old Montreal. Hotel employee was friendly and kinda clean place and breakfast was very good. The only problem was you need to pay for parking and NEVER EVER leave any valuable things inside the car, for sure when you come back, the parking attendant will STEAL your belongings. I hid my pair of shoes underneath the folded chair but still its gone and some chunks of food for my baby. The Parking is across the hotel and there is a sign for QUALITY INN customers. lesson learned to go in a Hotel that have their own parking lot and responsible for any lost items. Hotel hard to find because navigator cant navigate the area/

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I went to Montreal to see a game at the bell centre. We chose this hotel for its location. The room was spacious and clean. It had a king size bed, fridge microwave and coffee maker. Free breakfast was a nice touch. Having a balcony was an added bonus.
I will stay here again for my next visit because of the great price and location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CdnMojito
DEVON
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Walking distance from the Bell Centre and many restaurants and shops. The construction was noisy but as I was up early for meetings it was not an issue but definitely something to consider. The building is older and could use some paint and should consider replacing the curtains. The pub across the street had great food at a reasonable price. The continental breakfast wasn't great but it was nice to be able to grab a muffin on the way out the door in the morning. Crescent is a "party" street so if you are a light sleeper this is not the place for you.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tracey H
Mauritius
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I did online booking, and check-in and check-out were done very quickly. Front desk staff was extremely helpful. As it was my first trip to Canada, I had many questions and both persons at the desk replied to all my queries with patience and kindness.
On the first day, the staff member gave me a town plan and showed me all directions as and when I asked him. On the last day, although the young lady was extremely busy, she wished me good-bye as if I had been a family member... All of them at front desk always had a smile to greet me every morning.
Breakfast was good and there was a variety of food stuff everyday.
The room was spacious and I went on the balcony every morning to take some fresh air. Room cleanliness was excellent. Bathroom and shower were superb.
I was on the 14th floor. Lift always worked well and there was no noise at all at night.
The hotel is located in the town centre and therefore I moved to different places very easily every day. Buses and subway are nearby. From the airport, the bus also dropped me close to the hotel. The hotel helped me for a taxi for my departure as I had to carry a suitcase loaded with books.
I appreciated the tea and coffee self-service in the lounge near reception desk. It often rained in Montreal during my stay and the rain water was freezing cold. So, I appreciated a good cup of hot coffee while reading the local newspaper in the lounge as soon as I reached the hotel every evening .
I spent six nights there and I did not have to face any problem.

Room Tip: Good value for money.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Vina B
london
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I would recommend this hotel we bought this coupon from travel buy to try out this hotel the room was very clean very comfortable there was construction going on next door so morning was noisy but not a issue since we had to get up earlier to leave great locations staff was very helpful breakfast was great the room was newly done so the picture on this site we did not see any of that. Do try it out. We will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tsh2214
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Room was very spacious. Nice bathroom...water pressure was awesome. Staff very helpful. Location was great if you don't have a car since you can walk most everywhere. Breakfast was hot and filled the belly. View from the room was super. It was mentioned previously about the noise and I agree with that comment. The bars are now putting out the tables on the streets and it can get quite loud.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Tan7272
Raynham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the downtown Quality Inn for just one night. 1 block from St Catherine. The kindly upgraded me to an executive suite because they had a large group of younger individuals on lower floors. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the parking situation. They have a lot but I didn't feel great about leaving my vehicle there overnight. Other than that, can't complain.

• Stayed April 2014