“Amazing Property and Staff”

The Ritz-Carlton, Montreal
Ranked #1 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My 17 year old daughter and I stayed here for one evening over March break. From the moment we entered the building we were treated like royalty by all the staff and made to feel very welcome. Veronica personally brought us to our room and spent time to show us how all the gadgets work in the room and she really shined when she helped us decide on restaurants and prom dress shopping for my daughter. Such a lovely and caring lady. Our room was gorgeous, very clean and wonderfully appointed. The hotel thought of all the details that make a stay memorable. From heated towel racks to the very modern toilets that are heated with many functions that lift and close automatically like the blinds and lights. The room was perfect for us, high ceilings, lovely trim, accent lighting and a perfect combo of cream and purple accents. We also enjoyed afternoon tea in a stunning setting with excellent service from the two gentlemen that served us and made the afternoon memorable. As we were waiting for our taxi to leave, Veronica must have noticed us and made a point of coming to say goodbye and inquire as to how our stay was at the Ritz. I will definitely stay at this hotel again, the location is great, you can walk easily to all the stores downtown and it is a short 10 minute cab ride to Old Montreal. Directly beside the hotel is a Tiffany's and Holt Renfrew. The Eatons Centre is a 15 minute walk away. The luggage porters were all excellent and very friendly and polite. The Ritz in Montreal has customer service figured out to the highest level and the staff take great pride in their hotel which is evident by the cleanliness and attitude of everyone. We will be back!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lexus62
Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The worst hotel experience of my life. After waiting over a half hour to speak to someone from management about my qualms with the property, I was met with hostility and asked to leave the hotel. The manager, Guillaume [--](who claimed he owned the hotel) told my guest that he would not charge me for the breakfast if we would promptly leave the property. We left immediately and then he continued to bill me for breakfast (a bill which employees took the liberty to fill out themselves). It took me one week, three promised telephone calls from customer service that were never made, and my own initiating contact in order to be reimbursed for the fraudulent charging of the breakfast. There has been no effort to compensate me for the humiliating experience I paid over 1,000 dollars to endure. It is evident that with the departure of Horst Schulze that the Ritz-Carlton has lost its mystique. A hotel corporation that once functioned like a work of art is now worse than a rundown movie theatre.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
45  Thank Jeffrey F
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I don't know about other travelers but I always find difficulty getting good service in Montreal. I've stayed at the ritz twice now and both have been excellent experiences , the rooms are great, the location excellent within walking distance from st. Catherine etc.. It has a great gym , great pool, when it's too cold to move around , and a fabulous restaurant in Maison boulod , most of all , the staff are super nice. I will be coming again

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Tarek_Aggad
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I just returned from a weekend getaway in Montreal. As many other reviewers of this hotel have stated, everyone here went above and beyond to ensure that we were well looked after during our stay. We used the hotel as our home base to explore the city and our day of skiing at Mont Treblant. When we arrived midday, we were a bit hungry and stopped into the restaurant attached to the property Maison Boulud. Again wonderful service with fantastic and creative options. As others have said, the rooms are well appointed with all the bells and whistles but still retains the warm charm of a stately property. Finally, I would like to make special mention about Veronica, who seems to never sleep. From check-in to check-out, she went out of her way to make our stay flawless.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WhereShouldWeGoNow
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We spent one day here and it was amazing. The original ritz was shut down for 4 years and remodeled. They kept the old school vibe. The lobby is amazing. Service was great. Rooms were very contemporary. bathroom was amazing with multiple shower heads and the highest tech toilet ever. location was perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DudsyJ
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We had the great pleasure of staying at the Ritz Carlton this month and it was fantastic. From the time we walked into the door till the time we left every person had a smile and asked how they could help us and make our stay better. The most amazing part was the way they treated our two little girls 7 and 5 yrs old. The entire staff made them feel very special and like true princesses. All this and the room was definately one of the nicest and most comfortable rooms we have ever stayed in. It was great family vacation place.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank PTBritton
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Clearly a first class hotel - with very nice rooms. The decor - the amenities - the bathrooms!!

Well located in the heart of the city. Restaurant is awesome.

They really did a nice job when they upgraded this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends