“Such attention to details…”
Review of Hotel Bonaparte

Hotel Bonaparte
Ranked #5 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Cooper City, Florida
“Such attention to details…”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This quaint boutique hotel in the middle of the old town has big rooms with warm wood floors, a beautiful brick wall and thick crown moldings. For me, it was comparable to the rooms in the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City. The jetted tub with the Lord & Mayfair bath products did more to relax me than the 9 day cruise to Quebec we had just done. The breakfast served in their restaurant included in the room rate was excellent and very French, and having a parking lot one block away with 24 hrs in-and-out access was more than convenient. The desk staff was very helpful in pointing us toward the eateries frequented by locals, as well as the points of interest we shouldn’t miss. I am keeping the room key cards as a memory as it has a beautiful rendition of a painting of the front of the hotel that hangs near the front desk.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We love staying in Vieux-Montreal and this hotel is in an excellent location, close to the Vieux-Port (wonderful waterfront park/promenade) and about a 10 minute walk to Place Jacques-Cartier (cafes and street performers). The room was large and beautifully decorated but the highlight was the delicious gourmet breakfast (included in the room rate) served in their charming restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed three nights at this wonderful small hotel which is located in the center of the old city. Our room on the fifth floor room was very quiet. The hotel is very well maintained. The staff were very friendly and gave us all the information we needed for our stay. The room came with a full breakfast served in the restaurant, and it was from a menu with multiple options. The bar was friendly and relaxing after a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveller70029
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and it was a very pleasant stay. Breakfast was included in the rate and was very good. So good I gladly skipped lunch! The room and bathroom were spacious and nicely furnished. The mattress was a bit soft for my back, but I always prefer a hard mattress.
Staff was very helpful in giving us a map and marking all the tourist attractions.
The location is fantastic, right in the centre of the old town, seconds from Rue Saint Paul, where you will find restaurants, art galleries and and shops, and is moments away from Notre Dame Church.
I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Graz-London
Aberdeen
Reviewed 13 April 2014

What a super place—a French style auberge in the heart of old Montreal yet near the underground city.
Tasteful in a subtle and understated way. The food was both delicate and beautifully presented to the best French standards; the cocktails divine!
All in all this was such a pleasant and relaxing haven from the city that we, too, were reluctant to go out on any evening.
The reception staff were really helpful with all our enquiries and were extremely thorough in giving clear directions around Montreal.
The manager was charming and friendly and, as it was off season, was able to help us swap to a larger room with two twin beds at minimal cost when he knew that our son was coming to see us in Montreal.
One suggestion would be for guests to have the option of a tray in the room for tea and coffee. Although they could obviously be ordered through room service, we personally find it simpler and easier to make them ourselves.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, would recommend it to anyone and would love to return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sheenaAberdeen
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel is very cozy with lovely rooms. We stayed in a deluxe room that was nicely sized with a king size bed and a comfortable bathroom with a large jetted tub/shower. The room was super quiet. Could not hear a thing outside. Wood floors, which makes a lot of sense. The hotel is very well maintained and kept in ship shape. The staff are very friendly and super helpful. We were offered free tea when I asked for a tea the one afternoon. The lady said it is a courtesy for people staying in the hotel, which I thought was a very nice touch. The restaurant offers a very nicely made breakfast as well a decent menu for dinner. All of it very elegantly presented. My only minor complaint was the lack of onsite parking. You have to park up the street in a public parking lot, but this being old town Montreal I guess there's not a lot they can do about that. At least the parking is very close by. In all a lovely stay with all the sites within walking distance and the basilica just around the corner. Will stay there again when back in Montreal.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pdloots
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Auberge Bonaparte the weekend of Feb 20 - 23, 2014. I found this jewel by chance. I had actually booked a different hotel but my daughter and I arrived in the middle of the night to discover that the doors were closed and there we stood, 2:00 am in the morning with nowhere to stay. There was a convention in Montreal that weekend and I frantically started calling hotels (two major chains announced they were sold out). My daughter was panicked and did I say it was 2:00 am with no bed to lay our weary heads on after a very long drive from Toronto to Montreal? To make a long story, short - night manager, Leon saw us walking in the middle of the road and motioned us in to Auberge Bonaparte. To our delight, he offered us a place for the night and told us, we could figure out what to do the next morning. Well, we stayed for three nights and ate in the restaurant next door enjoying the finest food we have ever had! We had a wonderful mother/daughter weekend and couldn't believe how fortunate we were to have found this fine boutique hotel. Our room was all hardwood, with the most comfortable beds and pillows (we slept so well instead of the usual tossing and turning) and the bathroom had a huge tub in the middle of a very large bathroom with complimentary bath salts. I don't usually take a bath at hotels but the bathtub was so inviting and I enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing soak while catching up on some reading. The room was spotless and well appointed with beautiful sitting chairs by the window. We loved our room! Did I mention the restaurant. OMG - I had the foie gras every night and my daughter still talks about the chicken breast smothered in sage cream plus the filet mignon was the most tender piece of steak we have ever had. What could have ended up being a disastrous weekend with no place to stay ended up an enjoyable, delightful stay in the best hotel we have ever stayed in! The staff at this hotel is superb and we got to know each and every one from our rescuer Leon, to Anne Marie, to Gerome who was always so helpful with maps and suggestions to Michael Banks, the hotels' Director of Marketing extraordinaire! All of them took an interest in my daughter and me as they all knew our little story of how we ended up staying at their hotel. My daughter and I did not want to leave! Even the 3 course breakfast with french service every morning was superb and made us feel like royalty. We are now planning our next trip to Auberge Bonaparte as we plan to take my mother there next year. We hope to stay a week next time and really enjoy the ambiance, the food, the staff, the rooms.....everything just turned out so perfectly and we would never have discovered this hotel had chance not brought us there. Many thanks again Leon, Anne Marie, Gerome and Michael!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family