“Another wonderful stay”

Ranked #26 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Enfield, Connecticut
“Another wonderful stay”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

It had been a few years since my last stay at the beautiful La Conciergerie B&B in Montreal... but once again it did not change from the great service and friendliness of hosts Michael and Luc! The breakfast is more than enough to start your day and the charming house on St. Hubert is just as warm and welcoming as ever! It is well within easy walking distance to the Village and many metro stations as well as the Old Port of the city... thanks again to our long time owners and hosts! Well done after all these years!!
Jim, Enfield, CT.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor rooms are nice and quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I travel for a living and I also blog about hotels, car rentals, and popular bars and restaurants. never in all my time doing this have I been so disrespected. I called in to inquire about booking a room for 3 nights, the rate was $152/night. I wanted to book the room and asked what information they needed. the owner, (whom i was talking with) said i have to fill out a form online. I said "well we are on the phone, and I'm at a coffee shop so I don't have a computer." I tried to continue with the attempt at booking only to be screamed at and told that La Conciergerie does not want or need my business and then hung up on, simply because I wanted to book my room on the phone. Rude business owners like this should find another career path. With the owner talking to potential residents at his B&B the way he did I can only imagine how polite his staff are. imagine asking for fresh towels. As a gay man I wanted to review this gay B&B as I'm visiting Montreal to review popular gay events associated with the Black and Blue parties, but being yelled at and hung up on is not a great first point of contact. This owner needs a serious reality check and maybe a seminar on the customer service and being polite. I give La Conciergerie 4 thumbs down.

Room Tip: hope the spoiled rotten, pretentious owner doesn't answer the phone to take your booking.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Brandon C
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We just got back from a week in Montreal and stayed at the glorious la Conciergerie. The location is perfect--two blocks to Old Town, two blocks to the metro, near the Village, awesome. Breakfast is served from 8 to 12 every day and features fresh croissants, seasonal fruit, cereal, speckled quail eggs, yellow plums...delicious! We had the suite, room 304, which had a secluded balcony high up among the tree limbs of an ancient tree. Service was outstanding and Michael is a genial and unobtrusive host. High;y recommended!

Room Tip: Suite 304 is spacious and has a wonderful, sun-dappled balcony overlooking Rue St Hubert.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dallas David
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Our second time here and it did not disappoint! Very cozy place in a great location. Breakfasts fresh and just enough to get us going in the AM. Staff attentive (hola Julio!) and rooms clean and comfortable. What more can one ask for?! We'll be back the next time we are in Montreal.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We were looking for a centrally located hotel/guest house. Location is close to perfecton. The price was very acceptable.
The host, Micheal, was waiting for us at the door. Nice touch. And really appreciated.
The room was large enough though there was not enough space in the cupboard. I had to put my open suitcase underneath the bed for extra space.
It's all pretty much ok, but nothing exceptional.

Things I did NOT like:
- Even though the towels feel clean and are clean, they don't SMELL clean. Which is odd.
- The Bed in this B&B is good; the Breakfast however is below par. No ham, no cheese, only very hard boiled eggs, no other options. Even the fruit selection is very limited. I just expect more. B&B's are known for good breakfasts...

On a lighter note: I am afraid of heights... The staircase to and from the roof top terrace is a challenge due to the open steps...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ghibli608
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I just returned from Montreal and a 4 night stay at La Conciergerie! I went with 3 friends and we took two rooms. One with two Queen Beds and one with a single Queen bed. Plenty of room for us all. I have been here before and they did not fail to impress us again. The property is spotless and the owners and staff are outstanding. Julio was there most of the time and was just the best at helping with any detail or request we had. The breakfast room and breakfast are so nice and a good chance to meet the other guests and see what is happening in the city. Of course ...St. Catherine Street is just around the corner and provides nonstop entertainment. IGA Grocery store is nearby and had everything we needed. This location could not be better.
Thank you Luc and Michael for another wonderful stay!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice. The ones with two queens beds are very large and comfortable!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed 2nights and it wasn't enough. Great location and service. Favorite part: a million outdoor patios and balconies to choose from to chill..and the roof garden. Breakfast is very good, and M
Will stay here again!