“Dated and just like Canada's Wonderland but not as good.”

La Ronde Amusement Park
Ranked #74 of 414 things to do in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: White-knuckle fans will love the spectacular "Manitou" or "Vertigo," two of many thrill rides at Canadian Six Flags.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you have been to Canada's Wonderland there is no need to visit this one. La Ronde is like an old version of Wonderland. Not sure what makes this park Six Flag. The rides are practically the same as Wonderland with a different name and color. The park is not big, you can finish the park in 5hours on a week day. Please buy the ticket online before you go and save some money.

4  Thank 524,336
There are newer reviews for La Ronde Amusement Park

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I went just yesterday ... it is nice place to go. If you don't afford to buy a flash pass advise you to be there from the beginning of the day when the park open and be patient on the long turns. One hour , two hours for the woden couster. If you have young children go to the special area for them. Food is expensive so have a nice breakfast then go and if you are hungry and dont want to eat there leave and come back or eat when you finish. Roller cousters are many and very entertaining. Other games are also very amazing and fun for everyone in the family.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Amazing place!! and if you have small children, they have a special area just for them!! They also have amazing rides for the those who are older... my favourite would be the Goliath! However..hope it ins't a busy day you get there because the lines can get extremely long...and it could turn out to be a full day of just 3 rides unless you pay extra for a flash pass to save your spot in the line for you.. But if you want to win prizes, there are a lot of different things you can do to entertain yourself, even an arcade..a lot of restaurants to chose from with tasty food but it is a bit pricey!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Went to this park the day it opened this year (May 18th) and had so much fun! We bought Flash Passes (the platinum, we live 10 hours away so we were gunna enjoy it) and they were totally worth it! Seeing the looks on people's faces when they found out you got to go on twice and they had to wait another turn was hilarious! The food and merchandise is expensive but what can you expect at an amusement park eh?

PS careful on the Cobra (stand-up) if you have any sort of head injuries because my friend got a concussion on that ride and a lot of us had really sore heads/ears.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

La Ronde, like the other parks in the Six Flags franchise, is an expensive outing. It cost approximately $130 for entry for 2 adults after taxes. I found out later than there are discounts available on some Coke cans, if you can get your hands on one. I believe the discount is $15.

The park wasn't overly crowded, but I'm from New Jersey so my comparison is Six Flags Great Adventure, which is very big and gets very busy. The lines (in comparison to Great Adventure) were reasonable, with less than an hour wait for the biggest attractions. I'm a roller coaster person and as such, I have no problem shelling out the extra money for a Flash Pass that lets you skip the lines. The upper echelon Flass pass I got cost $145 for two people. The price varies on the level, so it can cost less, but the more people you add, the higher the price. Again, I love the coasters and I hate waiting so it's worth it to me.

The park had a decent amount of coasters, maybe 5 or 6. They were all OK but the majority of them are just older. I understand Six Flags has put a lot of money into the park since they bought it a couple years ago, so I anticipate improvements as they go along. Right now, it's a bit run-down but by no means a dump. The people were friendly, no major complaints regarding line-cutters or vulgar behavior. The food was better than Great Adventure, I'd say, and maybe slightly more reasonably priced. Definitely overpriced, as they kind of have you in a bind since you need to eat/drink, but not outrageous. They sell liquor in the park, which Great Adventure in NJ may do, but only in one secluded area. At La Ronde, I saw many people walking around with beers, which you don't see in NJ. I do wonder what that looks like as the day progresses, though - lots of drunk people by the end of the night, I bet.

La Ronde is easily accessible via Metro - Yellow Line to Parc Jean Drapeau, may require a few changes. Once you're off the metro, there is a free shuttle to La Ronde as well as the other activities at the park (beach, pools). You can also grab a bike from the Bixi and ride it over there but in my opinion, it's a bit too far.

3  Thank Melissa P