“Hotel Stay Centre Ville, Montréal, Canada”

Hotel Star Montreal
Ranked #108 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Lyon, France
“Hotel Stay Centre Ville, Montréal, Canada”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

+ The staff very friendly
+ Room and hotel are cleaned
+ Breakfast is included
+ Downtown (BERRI UQAM Station)
+ Private bathroom
+ Fridge inside the bedroom

- WIFI sometimes low
- Showertub small
- Kitchen small

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked last minute, not knowing what to expect, and we were so happy with our decision! Honestly, it was better than the Marriott we had stayed at the night before. The place is clean, the staff is friendly, and it has character! The bathrooms were very nice, the towels smelled divine, and the room was equipped with everything one would need. It was a nice short walk to La Distillerie, a GREAT local establishment. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to anyone looking for a great place on a budget.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tosha k
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Spent 3 nights. Hotel was clean and well located. Room was very quiet.Staff was helpful but not overly friendly. I accidently locked myself out of my room one evening. It took me one try with a credit card to jimmy the lock and I'm no pro. Can't say I was overly impressed with the lock security. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank hendrix9422
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here during a conference visit. It is a small-scale hotel with friendly staff. The hotel owner e-mailed me before arrival to inquire about my timing and with helpful tips for airport transfer. I had a room with a balcony, which was nice as there was no airconditioning, only a fan. The bed was great for one but small if you want to fit two people in it. Everything in the room was neat and clean and the bathroom was small but functional. However they warned me that something had been wrongly connected in the shower so that the cold water from the tap would be hot first. This problem was said to go away after a few minutes, it never did though. So taking a shower was like Russion roulette, as the water varied between lukewarm and very hot. The breakfast was very basic but OK; DIY oatmeal, PB&J and some apples. The hotel is very well situated near a metro-hub and walking distance from downtown. Also, I liked the flexibility of having your own access code to the front door so that you don't depend on the availability of personnel. Altogether, if you don't want to spend too much time in the room this is a fine budget hotel option.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 808ElizabethK
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We went to Hotel Stay for 2 days to celebrate our anniversary. Let's face it: for that price you just need a cozy, clean bed; a clean washroom and clean Towels. Do not expect anymore if you budget is at that price. So, we got an extraordinary service from Giovanny, breakfast was good and we enjoyed our stay in Montreal. No complaints! I'll return there when I visit again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We had a great time in the apartment of this hotel. For that price you don't expect much but we had an excellent service(giovanni even went to buy milk quickly when it ran out though we came pretty late for breakfast, choice of food was more than okay. Our hosts came in our apartment to clean it up and also tidied everything up. That was surprising.
We definetely would come back!

• Stayed March 2013
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Stayed here for just one night, as I had a stopover in Montreal and spend more time before that in the city. I had a great deal for just about 40 dollars a night including breakfast. The room was big enough and clean, though no chair to sit on, which I find uncomfortable. When I arrived (around 9pm) there was nobody there, but another guest let me in and I could call the manager through the phone at the desk. He (very friendly by the way) said where the key was en the next day left the key again at the desk...didn't see anybody of the staff at all, which was kinda strange. Breakfast was late, so missed that. Personally I think breakfast should start at 7am at the latest! All in all ok for a night, but not more.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo