“Do not stay here!!!!”

Hotel Star Montreal
Ranked #104 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed at. Small rooms, dirty carpets, I would not suggest anyone stay here for a minute. We bought from Groupon otherwise we would have left immediately!!!!Stay anywhere else but here. As you can see from the pictures It was terrible.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank mellecky

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Some of the staff friendly, one took my heavy suitcase up the steep stairs. Hotel and room clean, one light in bathroom not working and not repaired on demand. WIFI did not work on my tablet.
Ample continental breakfast in a very small kitchen, only room for 4 persons. Value for rate paid ok.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We booked a room last minute at hotel Stay. The place is located close to Berry Ucam metro station and the Gay village. Streets around are full of homeless people and junkies (first time I saw someone smoking crack in Montreal).
I'm really surprised by the reviews indicating a clean hotel, it is not what we found: dirty carpet everywhere in the place, blood stains on our blanket....
never again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank olivier p
Reviewed 19 September 2013

+ The staff very friendly
+ Room and hotel are cleaned
+ Breakfast is included
+ Downtown (BERRI UQAM Station)
+ Private bathroom
+ Fridge inside the bedroom

- WIFI sometimes low
- Showertub small
- Kitchen small

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked last minute, not knowing what to expect, and we were so happy with our decision! Honestly, it was better than the Marriott we had stayed at the night before. The place is clean, the staff is friendly, and it has character! The bathrooms were very nice, the towels smelled divine, and the room was equipped with everything one would need. It was a nice short walk to La Distillerie, a GREAT local establishment. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to anyone looking for a great place on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank tosha k
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Spent 3 nights. Hotel was clean and well located. Room was very quiet.Staff was helpful but not overly friendly. I accidently locked myself out of my room one evening. It took me one try with a credit card to jimmy the lock and I'm no pro. Can't say I was overly impressed with the lock security. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank hendrix9422
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here during a conference visit. It is a small-scale hotel with friendly staff. The hotel owner e-mailed me before arrival to inquire about my timing and with helpful tips for airport transfer. I had a room with a balcony, which was nice as there was no airconditioning, only a fan. The bed was great for one but small if you want to fit two people in it. Everything in the room was neat and clean and the bathroom was small but functional. However they warned me that something had been wrongly connected in the shower so that the cold water from the tap would be hot first. This problem was said to go away after a few minutes, it never did though. So taking a shower was like Russion roulette, as the water varied between lukewarm and very hot. The breakfast was very basic but OK; DIY oatmeal, PB&J and some apples. The hotel is very well situated near a metro-hub and walking distance from downtown. Also, I liked the flexibility of having your own access code to the front door so that you don't depend on the availability of personnel. Altogether, if you don't want to spend too much time in the room this is a fine budget hotel option.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business