“Romance in the bubbles”

Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
Ranked #16 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Just got home from an amazing stay in downtown Montreal. Le St Martin particular was fantastic.
My spouse and I needed a romantic getaway. I scoured Montreal online for 3 days for a hotel room with a Jacuzzi tub in our suite. When I stumbled upon this gem I booked it in a second!!
The building was completed in 2010. Brand new!!! Couldn’t even find this on Google map as on there its just a hole in the ground when they last took the pictures..
We booked a Grand Lux room. The picture is the exact same on the web as it is in real life but in reality it's cozy, comfortable and warm. This room was the right amount of décor to go with the romantic feel we were searching for.
We brought our own bubble bath for that fantastic tub. Rest assured the tubs fits two comfortably and with a little extra room. Hubby is 6 feet 2 inches and I am 5 feet 7 inches.
The room is definitely for people who are extremely comfortable with each other in every sense.
The fireplace is a very nice touch.
Front desk staff were very nice.
The mini bar is stocked with soda, chips, beer, liquors and snacks which are costly.
The room service was the biggest disappointment. We ordered from Restaurant l'aromate downstairs, only to hear them say our menu was outdated, when the food arrived it was cold and my duck on the salad was crunchy. Crunchy duck is never delicious. My food was a waste of $30 for a small plate of food smothered in salad and not much else of anything. Top chefs would have been disappointed, the critics that we are certainly was!

Back to bragging about the hotel, location was great. Just around the corner from St Catherine's street. Metro openings to the underground city everywhere. The shopping was endless, and so many much better restaurants nearby.

There is an Imax down the street, convenience store if you need to buy beer, SAQ around the corner for wine or Champagne (must have to go with bubbles in the tub) and for those Canadians who love Tim Hortons, that is just down the street too!!!

Being Western Canadian ourselves, visiting Montreal felt like we were in another country. Montreal certainly has a different feel then the rest of Canada. We are unable to speak french, but most locals speak English very well.
We rented a vehicle as well, and didn't have any trouble finding our way around.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

Reviewed 20 October 2011

I stayed at Le St-Martin hotel for the first time and I had a great stay, staff very friendly and accommodating, check in was quick and the receptionist was able to provide me with all hotel amenitties and services information while she was processing my registration.
I was explained how the key and elevators work as well as the inclusions in the room in a friendly and warm way
Upon my departure, staff asked about my stay and I confirmed was very good, i was handed out my bill and it was accurate
The room itself is big, modern equipment and amenities in place, well decorated and inviting, even though the hotle is located at a busy intersection the room is well insulated and quiet, which made it perfect for a good night sleep
Location is great, central and close to many local attractions, shopping and restaurants, make it easy to simply walk around and enjoy what Montreal has to offer
Overall, great hotel, friendly staff, excellent value, ample and comfortable rooms with modern ammenities

Room Tip: any room is great, you won't be dissapointed
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I stayed here briefly, while working in Montreal. Our entire team checked at midnight with almost 40 bags during a rainstorm. The bell captain took care us so that we could get out of the rain and get our principal staff directly to there rooms. Although there had been some confusion the reservation via our travel agent the manger on duty quickly got us rooms. The rooms are clean and spacious with updated amenities. The design is a bit colonial for my taste but consistent with the general aesthetic of the neighborhood. I wish the bar was open later, but there were many to choose from just out the door.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed at Le St-Martin in October 2011,my first stay at this fine facility,but unlikely my last.
The room assigned was on the 16th floor,very well decorated with modern and very comfortable furnishings.The service throughout was friendly and professional from the reception to the parking attendant and door men.Had breakfast in the Hotel restaurant which was excellent.
I highly recommend this facility situated in the heart of downtown Montreal
Marcel Lacoste
OtterBurn Park QC

Room Tip: All room appear AOK
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Spent two days at Le St Martin and was very impressed. The whole place feels very clean and brand new, from the perfectly crisp, white bed linens to the spotless carpet. Not a trace of dust on any surface nor the smell of old furnishings that you find in larger outfits. Wonderful location right in the center of the downtown area, near McGill. Everything worth seeing seems to be within walking distance. It really was the perfect blend of boutique charm and the comfort of an upscale chain. Bathroom was roomy with double-vanity (marble counter!) and complete with Keurig cup coffeemaker-- nice touch. My only complaints would be that the bathrobes are somewhat rough, and the restaurant is way overpriced (we skipped it altogether, since Montreal is filled with more reasonable and diverse options). I also found it odd that the blackout curtains didn't extend across the length of our window, leaving a large gap in the center covered only with a sheer white drape. However, the light coming in didn't disrupt our sleep in the morning, so it worked out just fine. All in all, I highly recommend this hotel to travelers of all kinds-- couples or friends, old or young. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Originally booked a king room by accident, but the staff kindly changed to a double room upon reques...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Frederic A, Director of Sales at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing Le St-Martin and for sgaring your experience on TripAdvisor!
Its always a delight to hear from satisfied customers!

I also understand our restaurant Bistro L'Aromate might look, at first glance, as being overpriced. If it is indeed somewhat expensive, please keep in mind L'Aromate is one of the top (and certainly most popular) fine cuisine restaurants of the city core and that he chef, Jean-Francois Plante is a local celebrity.
Next time we have the host you, please consider having a bite at l'Aromate, I am confident you will not regret the experience!

Frederic Aouad

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We had never been to Montreal before and we had no idea where to stay. I am so glad we stayed here. The hotel is modern and clean, and the decor is beautiful. The bathrooms did not bother me, but i wouldnt recommend this hotel for families as the privacy door can be opened from the outside and you can watch the person shower. We did switch rooms because our shower had no water pressure, but they were very accommodating. However, I think our first room was a little bit bigger. The hotel was in walking distance to everything. We walked up to the Parc Mount-Royal (do not wear heels). It is also a short distance to Old Montreal, and one block away from St. Catherine Street, and a ton of bars and restaurants. We did not take the metro anywhere but there is a station across the street. If we come back I will definitely stay here.

We did not eat in the restaurant but the food looked very good there.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 9 October 2011

This hotel is centrally located in Downtown Montreal. There are lots of great restaurants and shopping within walking distance.The hotel is just over a year old and it is very clean. The decor is superb. The security is above average (elevator: must have a passkey to operate, room safe is in bathroom.) Got a suite and it was a fantastic room. Huge soaker tub for two, great view (windows on three sides!), comfy bed and clean linens. Mini bar is stocked with quality goods. Room service was quick and friendly (breakfast). The outdoor pool is heated and while on the small side, it was very nice to soak in. Service at the front desk was friendly and efficient. I would recommend this hotel for its cleanliness and friendly service.

The only con to our experience was the late night noise from the street below. It was a Saturday night that we stayed at the hotel and we had a lot of glass area in our suite. This situation is not under the control of the hotel. If you have young children, you may want to request a room with fewer windows or less window area.

Overall GO TO THIS HOTEL: great value and very clean!! Also a non smoking hotel!

Room Tip: Corner suite has great views but may be subject to street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear guests,

Very happy to hear you loved your stay at Le St-Martin Montréal!
From your review, I understand you stayed in one our Verrière rooms, which are most most popular room type due to its great views and natural light.

The wall of windows those rooms boast, do have one small downside. Indeed, weekend nights in Montreal are full of nightlife and party, and if not on a high floor you might hear a little of the street noise. It's nothing major but we do get the comment once in a while.

Looking forward to hosting you again soon!