“Really enjoyable stay”

Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
Ranked #15 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I always do lots of research before booking a hotel. This one had some of the best reviews so I thought I would give it a try. Good start when on the way from the airport the cab driver when he found out where I was staying commented that this was a "very, very nice hotel-great location you will really enjoy it." It was the best location five minute walk and you are right at the center of rue St. Catherine. I walked for hours (and shopped) and returned to the hotel twice during the day to return packages and take a little break. I emailed before arriving and asked for an early check in since my flight got me to Montreal at 10:00 am. Just before I landed I received an email saying my room was waiting for me to check in-that doesn't often happen. So when I got there five minutes check in and done.
When the cab pulled up to the hotel the doorman in his brass buttoned coat opened the cab door and took my bags into the hotel to the front desk as if I was a VIP. Good first impression, big potted palms outside the entrance beautiful lobby with fireplace and tall ceilings. This reminds you of a really chic boutique hotel in New York. Stayed on the 12th floor in a two queen room. It was beautiful, bathroom was very elegant and everything was brand new and very clean. Beautiful bedding and decor and I actually slept great in their bed.
Overall this was a really nice treat. I was there for three days, two nights for a meeting and this made it feel like a little luxury getaway. Can't wait to stay there again. BTW the rate I got was online and I thought it was an excellent deal at 180.00.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,636)

Reviewed 17 November 2011

We picked this hotel as we found a good deal on the jetsetter website. We were pleasantly greeted by the hotel staff. When we walked up to our room and found that it was still being cleaned, the hotel felt bad and actually upgraded us. We were very happy with the room. Clean, modern, updated and most importantly quiet! We also had a chance to take advantage of the heated pool with the complimentary pool towels. The place is also walking distance to many sites which we also liked. Definitely would come back to this hotel again the next time I'm in Montreal!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hurricayne
Reviewed 13 November 2011

stayed here this past weekend with my husband. was really really nervous about picking a hotel in Montreal since all of them are really old. I was SOOO happy I chose the St. Martin. The rooms are just beautiful, beds were really comfortable and it was really really clean. The bathroom was my favorite! The tub was perfect for 2, and the tv facing it was great! At around 7 pm one of the staff knocked on the door and offered coffee,tea,fruit and some snacks all COMPLIMENTARY. All staff were REALLY REALLY nice, I got the AAA rate which included the parking rate, Valet staff were so nice and amazing. My brother was actually staying at another hotel and switched to ours because it was just WONDERFUL. Dont forget the LOCATION which was GREAT! literally a minute away from shopping and great restaurants! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Would really recommend this for couples not business partners to share a room since the bathroom is...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alegra H
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Rooms are just very nice, comfortable, modern, with great bathrooms. For downtown, location is impeccable. Boutique hotel up to international standards. Just stayed for one day, but all worth every dollar as it is not more expensive than anything else around.

I believe the restaurant is independant from the hotel and I will not review it here other than to say: avoid at all cost, this is a badly serviced, overpriced, incompentent restaurant and walking distance there is plenty of better ones.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PourJF
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Stayed at Le St-Martin Hotel for 2 1/2 weeks and was treated like a pampered guest. The room was very comfortable (excellent mattress and pillows!), the restaurant was also excellent. While dinner was a delicious experience, it was their daily breakfast (loved the fruit minestrone) and capuccino that really got my day started. Everyone that works there is friendly and helpful. I have a lot of business in Montreal over the next several months, and I plan to stay at Le St-Martin every time.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We stayed here for four nights and all around it was a great experience...

Staff - from reservations to check-in and everything in between - the interaction with staff was excellent.

Room: I had a corner room which was very large, had a faux fireplace, floor to ceiling windows, fabulous well equipped and stocked bathroom and one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in in a while! The room was exceptionally clean. Rooms are also very quiet.

Location- fabulous for seeing Montreal, business meetings and choice of restaurants. Cabs are at hand across the street and they have valet parking.

Security is very good at hotel -access to floors is limited to your floor only - don't take the stairs, you'll have to go all the way down to get out.

What is most telling is that I was there with a group and not one person had a complaint to speak of ... except that maybe bar prices are a bit high.

Apparently restaurant is well rated - but we didn't eat in as there is so much choice in walking distance.

I would stay here again ... and not only for business!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Rooms were immaculate with beautiful furnishings and bathrooms, comfy bedding and nice views. Staff were great and very accommodating. small but very relaxing and stylish pool area. Overall would stay here again. Excellent location downtown. Very chic and modern hotel. Never heard hallway noise and doors seem very thick but we we awoken one night by very loud "adult acrobatics" next door. They were probably excessively loud and less the fault of the build quality of the hotel but it was very disturbing.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family