“Stylish, different and very nice.”

Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
Ranked #16 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
“Stylish, different and very nice.”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel was just what I was hoping it to be. Walking out of the cold into the hotel I was welcomed by a comfortable, relaxing environment of nice people and prestigious 'boutique surrounds. Highlights include the excellent bar and restaurant. Room was also special. The weaving of the bathroom into the bedroom via louvres and expanding walls/doors very clever and impressive. Location was also appreciated.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We`re so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our bathroom/bedroom design in the rooms.
Staying right in the heart of downtown Montreal is always a nice plus too, and we are happy you liked it!

Thank you again for choosing Le St-Martin, and we hope to host you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
montreal
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night for my birthday so little gettaway from home. The Check in cleark was not friendly he told me bluntly we dont accept booking of under 21 years of age even after I handed him my ID which he did not look at and that I turned 23. He also had judging looks and told us the ice machine was on each floor. When I went looking for ice i couldn't find. I tried calling the front desk and it went to voicemail and then had to go down. The clerk then said that there was no ice machine... Instead of saying that in the first place

We stayed in the grand lux room it was very clean very spacious and nice! The bed was comfortable however I got woken up at 6am to the strangest sounds like scratching wires or pipes scratching and thudding and did not want to deal with the grumpy clerk, my partner and I stayed awake and after 30 min I called and they said they would inspect and the sound stopped...

Check-out line was long not organized and the staff would pick up the phone mid conversation.

Overall I would not recommend only because of the service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I am saddened to read that you did not receive good service during your stay with us. I am not sure why you were first told that there was ice on every level of the hotel and then told that there was no ice machine, there must have been some miscommunication since there is a button in each elevator that says ice/glace and it`s on that level where you will find our ice machine.

I am glad to read that you liked the room itself and found the bed comfortable, i`m not entirely sure what the noise was that woke you up however i am glad that it stopped once you called the front desk who had the problem resolved.

I understand that at peak check-out times the front desk can get quite busy with guests checking out and the phone ringing, i am sorry that your check out was interrupted by the front desk answering several calls while checking you out of the room.

I apologize again for the service you received and we will be sure to discuss these issues with the front desk staff.

We will also be sure to learn from this experience and we greatly appreciate your feedback.
Montreal
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I were in for a weekend to relax and to go out in the centre, this hotel turned out perfect for this -- very pretty and comfortable and located in the heart of downtown, a minute walk to Peel metro station and close to shops, nightlife, museums.

I booked a Grand Lux room and asked for a higher floor, that is what we got and the room was spacious and clean. All furniture and fixtures seemed new and we had a nice view over the city -- mostly office buildings -- sparkling at night, or dim in the morning haze. Bathroom was lovely, with a pedestal tub and glass walk-in shower, fine toiletries including bath salts were provided.

There is a saltwater rooftop pool that's open early in the morning and then 8pm to 10pm at night. Water was cool -- this is not like a hot tub -- but it was fun still to be swimming outside in snowy winter.

At the reception there was a lineup when we were checking in, but there is a cosy sitting area in the lobby, with a fireplace and a coffee machine with a selection of complementary coffee and hot chocolate.

The chic looking modern restaurant inside of hotel adds a nice touch. We had breakfast there and it was fairly good, and copious. Though service in restaurant was so-so. Waitress did not bring water, and didn't tell us about changes in the menu when we were ordering -- then our plates arrived without baked beans and cretons (that were in description).

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Le St-Martin, and sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community!
I am delighted to read that you greatly enjoyed your stay!

I am also so happy to read that you really enjoyed the room itself, the lobby, the location and the pool. We do try out best to keep our boutique hotel full of all the little amenities in the lobby and the rooms.

I`m sorry to hear about the service you received at the restaurant, I will bring this up this issue with the manager of L`Aromate and hope that it does not happen in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your great comments with us and we do hope to see you again in the future!
Somerville
Reviewed 12 January 2014

my wife and I just spent two delightful nights here last week.
It is a new hotel(2010, I believe), well appointed, and in a terrific location: at the base of
Mont Royal and the front of McGill University.
There is a Metro stop right across the street.
Our room, a small suite, was very nicely decorated, pretty spacious, and quite comfortable.
The concierge was extremely helpful.
We booked it through travel zoo, so it was a terrific value for the money.
I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Henry,

I am delighted to read that you greatly enjoyed your stay, and would highly recommend us to others!
I`m am so happy to read that you enjoyed everything from the location of the hotel to your suite. I`m glad to read that the concierge helped you, our entire front desk staff happily helps all guests with any questions about the city.
The travelzoo deal was quite popular and we may be having another deal with them in February.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to host you again soon!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Got a deal on groupon for breakfast supper and the room. Thought it was a great deal until I had to pay all the taxes. Everything was great, beautiful room, nice supper, great breakfast but found it a little pricey. We had the veriere room which was beautiful. Room was a little cold and couldn't figure out how to get the heat up. But wonderful extra blanket in the closet.
Great location and valet parking was a great perk. Staff was very polite and loved that you needed a key card to activate the elevators to go up.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I`m happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know that the Verierre room can get a little cold because of those big windows in the room, our heating system is a little hard to figure out. Did you happen call the front desk to have someone come higher the heat in your room?

Our groupon deal was a great offer and i`m happy you took advantage of it. The voucher`s indicate that taxes are payable directly at the hotel and in Quebec we have 3 taxes unfortunately.

Thank you again for your great comments on our staff, the rooms and the elevators and also for sharing your experience with us, we hope to see you again in the future!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights with my boyfriend and overall it was a good experience. We arrived at 3:00 and the hotel was able to check us in early and park our car. We also were able to get the rooms at a good rate due to an AAA discount the hotel does which includes free valet parking. The room was clean and presented nicely although our room did not include a bathtub (other reviews mentioned one). The bathroom was nice and the shower had a glass wall that allowed someone from the bedroom to see into the shower/bathroom. It's an interesting feature and you can easily close the wooden shades if you want privacy. The hotel is also in a great location downtown, close to shopping, restaurants, and the metro.

My one negative of the hotel is during my first night my dinner reservations got canceled to the restaurant having water damage from flooding. I went to the front desk hoping they could help me find another restaurant for the night and while she mentioned two places she was overall unhelpful. Throughout our conversation she kept getting interrupted by staff or by phone calls and when she was unable to get through to the two restaurants she mentioned she didn't offer any other suggestions or assistance. In the end I went back up to my room and used the free internet to find a place but I wish she had been more helpful and friendly.

Overall the hotel is clean and nicely decorated and in a good location, at the same time it was a typically hotel that didn't amaze me. While I will definitely consider St. Martin the next time I am in Montreal, I'll also look around at other hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I`m happy to read that you would consider staying with us again in the future.

I`m happy to read that you had a good experience at our hotel and that you were able to check in a bit early. The CAA/AAA rate is great if you`re a member, having that valet parking is a nice perk.
You must have reserved our Classic room which has a shower only, our higher category of rooms such as the Grand Lux and the Verierre both have a soaker tub as well as the shower in the washrooms.
The location of Le St Martin is always a plus since we`re right in the heart of downtown Montreal!

I`m so sorry to hear about your experience asking the front desk agent for restaurant recommendations. I`ll definitely speak to the front desk about this issue, i understand that sometimes it can get quite busy at the front desk during peak check in times (dinner time).

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and I do hope that if you chose to stay with us again in the future that your overall experience with the staff is better.