“Beautiful cute place to be in the heart of Montreal”

Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
Ranked #17 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Los Angeles
“Beautiful cute place to be in the heart of Montreal”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The St. Martin is very well located in the city center. It is also of a very good value for money. We recommend it for it's quality and comfort worthy of the big hotels. Our stay here was very nice and we will be back soon as we want to go during the summer time.

Room Tip: Street/front view are amazing
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the tripadvisor community.

We`re so happy to read that you greatly enjoyed your stay and will return in the summer.

We`re also glad to read that you found us to be well located and that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Arabic first
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2014

my "issue" with this hotel is that despite booking almost 4 months in advance, i was unable to get all of my friends on the same floor as me. booo hooo. other than that, what a great place to stay. a hop, skip and a jump away from Ste Catharines. walking distance from Old Montreal and the train station (and a very scenic walk, might i add). a quick cab right to restaurants in the terrific suburbs of Montreal. the lady working the desk was sweet and knowledgeable. the doormen were polite and sharp. we utilized the lounge and the outdoor seating which were both lovely areas. the pool was quiet and although the view wasn't the greatest, it was a nice place to kick up our feet and relax and be outdoors in an urban setting. Pricey, but well worth it in comparison to some other places near downtown. Rooms were spacious and clean. Wifi was speedy and was included in the price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

I understand you were not able to have all the rooms on the same floor. We apologize for not being able to accommodate your request. We always try, to the best of our abilities, to make these happen however room numbers are only selected the day of arrival and we do not have many of each room type on each floor.

I am glad that besides that little issue you were able to enjoy your stay with us. We are always happy to read that you received good service from all the staff and also enjoyed the location of the hotel and the hotel itself.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Montreal!
Westport
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We chose this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews and the hotel delivered. We had a suite verriere which had panoramic views of the city and a fireplace as well as a huge beautiful bathroom. We also had a classic room with two double beds which was lovely as well. The beds were comfortable, the accommodations were really lovely. The breakfast was delicious and the valet parking was easy. We really had a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great comments with the trip advisor community.

I`m so glad to read that you enjoyed the Verierre room, it is also my personaly favorite room and it`s highly recommened by all the staff. We`re happy to read that you enjoyed the comfort of the beds and found the valet parking and the breakfast great. We will definitely pass on the good comments to the restaurant.

Thanks again for choosing Le St-Martin, and we do hope to host you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I'm a regular business traveller to Montreal and always stay at the Le. St. Martin in downtown Montreal.

Room:
All the rooms at this hotel are exceptionally clean and well-appointed. I've stayed in all of the categories of rooms and the only real difference is room size and bathroom size. All of the rooms have comfortable beds and linens, flat screen tv's, ipod players, mini bars, safes and walk-in showers. Some of the rooms have gas fireplaces and if you ask for one of those, they will do their best to accommodate you.

Food:
The room service is offered through the hotel restaurant. If you like this type of chi-chi Montreal food then you will enjoy the food as it is very tasty and of high quality. However, if you are just looking for some simple food then you're best to eat outside of the hotel.

Facilities:
I've not used the pool but have used the gym. The gym is small but has a few cardio machines which serves the purpose, it's usually quiet in the evenings.

Service:
If you're nice to the staff then they are nice to you, I've not encountered bad service at this hotel, they try their best to accommodate you and are direct if they cannot. Front desk is generally professional and efficient, some are more friendly than others but you're not really there to make friends with the front desk clerk. All of the staff speak English. Room service is also professional and efficient.

Location:
This hotel is located right downtown Montreal, one street over from St. Catherines. It's a great location for business travellers doing business in the area or couples looking for a romantic getaway to Montreal who want to be within walking distance of restaurants and shops on St. Catherines.

Overall, this hotel is very upscale and well-suited for the discerning traveller, it's not suitable for those looking for a party hotel in Montreal. If you're a mature traveller who prefers high-end quality then this is the perfect, boutique type of hotel for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the fireplace.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We are happy to read that you often stay with us on your business trips to Montreal!

I`m also happy to read that you have stayed in all our rooms types and have liked all of them including the amenities.
We do try out best to be as consistent as possible with service and we are glad to read that you receive good service from all our staff time after time.

Thanks again for always choosing Le St-Martin, and we look forward to hosting you again soon!
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel was just what I was hoping it to be. Walking out of the cold into the hotel I was welcomed by a comfortable, relaxing environment of nice people and prestigious 'boutique surrounds. Highlights include the excellent bar and restaurant. Room was also special. The weaving of the bathroom into the bedroom via louvres and expanding walls/doors very clever and impressive. Location was also appreciated.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We`re so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our bathroom/bedroom design in the rooms.
Staying right in the heart of downtown Montreal is always a nice plus too, and we are happy you liked it!

Thank you again for choosing Le St-Martin, and we hope to host you again soon!
montreal
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night for my birthday so little gettaway from home. The Check in cleark was not friendly he told me bluntly we dont accept booking of under 21 years of age even after I handed him my ID which he did not look at and that I turned 23. He also had judging looks and told us the ice machine was on each floor. When I went looking for ice i couldn't find. I tried calling the front desk and it went to voicemail and then had to go down. The clerk then said that there was no ice machine... Instead of saying that in the first place

We stayed in the grand lux room it was very clean very spacious and nice! The bed was comfortable however I got woken up at 6am to the strangest sounds like scratching wires or pipes scratching and thudding and did not want to deal with the grumpy clerk, my partner and I stayed awake and after 30 min I called and they said they would inspect and the sound stopped...

Check-out line was long not organized and the staff would pick up the phone mid conversation.

Overall I would not recommend only because of the service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I am saddened to read that you did not receive good service during your stay with us. I am not sure why you were first told that there was ice on every level of the hotel and then told that there was no ice machine, there must have been some miscommunication since there is a button in each elevator that says ice/glace and it`s on that level where you will find our ice machine.

I am glad to read that you liked the room itself and found the bed comfortable, i`m not entirely sure what the noise was that woke you up however i am glad that it stopped once you called the front desk who had the problem resolved.

I understand that at peak check-out times the front desk can get quite busy with guests checking out and the phone ringing, i am sorry that your check out was interrupted by the front desk answering several calls while checking you out of the room.

I apologize again for the service you received and we will be sure to discuss these issues with the front desk staff.

We will also be sure to learn from this experience and we greatly appreciate your feedback.
Montreal
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I were in for a weekend to relax and to go out in the centre, this hotel turned out perfect for this -- very pretty and comfortable and located in the heart of downtown, a minute walk to Peel metro station and close to shops, nightlife, museums.

I booked a Grand Lux room and asked for a higher floor, that is what we got and the room was spacious and clean. All furniture and fixtures seemed new and we had a nice view over the city -- mostly office buildings -- sparkling at night, or dim in the morning haze. Bathroom was lovely, with a pedestal tub and glass walk-in shower, fine toiletries including bath salts were provided.

There is a saltwater rooftop pool that's open early in the morning and then 8pm to 10pm at night. Water was cool -- this is not like a hot tub -- but it was fun still to be swimming outside in snowy winter.

At the reception there was a lineup when we were checking in, but there is a cosy sitting area in the lobby, with a fireplace and a coffee machine with a selection of complementary coffee and hot chocolate.

The chic looking modern restaurant inside of hotel adds a nice touch. We had breakfast there and it was fairly good, and copious. Though service in restaurant was so-so. Waitress did not bring water, and didn't tell us about changes in the menu when we were ordering -- then our plates arrived without baked beans and cretons (that were in description).

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank innaMontreal
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Le St-Martin, and sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community!
I am delighted to read that you greatly enjoyed your stay!

I am also so happy to read that you really enjoyed the room itself, the lobby, the location and the pool. We do try out best to keep our boutique hotel full of all the little amenities in the lobby and the rooms.

I`m sorry to hear about the service you received at the restaurant, I will bring this up this issue with the manager of L`Aromate and hope that it does not happen in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your great comments with us and we do hope to see you again in the future!