“Beautiful evening, snobby welcome!!”

Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal
Ranked #15 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Beautiful evening, snobby welcome!!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a single night in September 2013. Really nice boutique hotel. I must admit that the reception was very snobby and English only, come on we are in the province of Quebec. We didn't get a any serious attention from the receptionist since we're young. But above all the room was nice and once you've made it through the lobby folks it's a great place to enjoy a romantic evening. Oh yeah almost forgot it's a lap pool and don't believe anything else.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jomon36
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.

I am very sorry to hear that you we spoken to only in English, I can assure you that our entire front desk staff is bi-lingual, and they greet guests in both languages.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel itself along with the rooms.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we do hope to see you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

What a great weekend. We had a good weekend here at this fabulous hotel. It was our first time here. The staff at the front check in were extremely helpful with restaurant choices for us. Patricia provided us with a list of restaurants to visit. Marco was a great pleasure to meet. Our rooms were first class. The hotel is in a perfect location, so you can walk everywhere. It's a great getaway to go with another couple. We also enjoyed eating at Dunns, which is just around the corner. A must also. Had a good afternoon at the Peel Pub. Certainly did tons of walking to visit the many churches and take in the charm of this city. Would return when it's not so cold!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kissmommy
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.

I am so glad to read that you greatly enjoyed your first stay with us and that you really liked our location and rooms! I will also definitely pass on your good words about Patricia and Marco to them directly.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we do hope to see you again in the warmer months!
Montreal
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Built on the grounds of a famous landmark (BENS Smoked Meat) this boutique hotel is beautiful and very well situated in downtown montreal. We truly enjoyed our stay and plan to return in the summer. The one hiccup was breakfast! The serving staff were great, the kitchen was struggling to keep up. However the food was good when it finally arrived.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank forli1111
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with the trip advisor community.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are also happy you recognized that our hotel is located where Ben`s Deli was, we try to keep the memory alive with some icons from Ben`s throughout the hotel.

I am sorry to read about how long it took for you to get your food for breakfast, I will bring up this issue to the restaurant manager and make sure it doesn`t happen for any future stays.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we do hope to see you again soon!
Calgary
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed with Le St-Martin Hotel in Montreal for March 23 through the 25th. It is in central downtown Montreal - very close to Simon's and only a couple of blocks from University street which is convenient for business clientele.

Upon arrival, you could immediately see that attention is paid to the smallest detail. It's still very much winter in Montreal and the temp averaged around -15 while I was there. It didn't stop the staff from cleaning outside (sidewalks and walkway to the main door)

The staff is very attentive and efficient. You can tell this hotel only hires the best because the the care given was felt the moment you arrive on the property.

Check in was a snap, and I was to my room in under 10 minutes.

The appointments in the room included a King Size - extremely comfortable bed, big screen TV - free wireless high speed internet. I must pause here and say that it was in fact high speed - so many hotels don't have true high speed when it comes to the evening and many guests have returned to the hotel for the night. This was not the case here. It seems they have ensured they have a quality connection. This made after hours work at the hotel a very good experience. Speaking of which their desk room for work is more than adequate for a hotel room and their quality desk / computer chair is of very high quality.

There is s stocked fridge with a wide compliment of choices.

I would like to talk about cleanliness a bit more. While attention was paid to the outside and main common areas, I must say that my room was immaculate. I actually looked for something to fault - and was pleasantly surprised to say I could find none. The maintenance staff are very good at what they do - BRAVO.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone that was going to Montreal for business or pleasure. It was a fantastic experience, and I won't hesitate to return when I'm back to the city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank chemicle
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.

We are thrilled to read about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Being a boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Montreal does have its perks!

I am also very glad to read about how attentive the staff was, we always appreciate these good comments and look forward to passing them along to the hotel staff.

Thank you again for sharing your great experience with us and we look forward to your next stay!
Toronto
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We booked this room through a travel site, I tried to book directly but they could not match the price. Check in was warm and welcoming, the valet/concierge was also very helpful and friendly.

Our room was on the 15th floor, and it was absolutely beautiful! The bathtub...Ahhh! Luxurious lines, super comfortable bed and we did not hear either neighbours or the downtown traffic. The location was one block from St Catherines (shopping, food, fun) and right across the street from the Peel Metro Station. Outdoor heated pool was small, but nice, although the hours were a little restrictive, but we made it work.

I stayed here with my 16 year old daughter for a special Mom/daughter trip and it suited us just fine. I would return with my S/O in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelbugcheri
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience with the trip advisor community.

I am thrilled to read about how much you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves in the luxurious experience we offer our guests.

I am sorry to hear though that we did not match the rate when you contacted us directly, if you stay with us again we would be happy to match any rate you see online, I apologize for this mistake.

Thank you and again for sharing you experience with us and we do hope to see you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Luxurious doesn't even begin to describe this boutique hotel. Beautifully designed, fantastic location and attention to detail - imagine free bottled water- I see you smiling! ( me too). After a long day of travelling what a welcome sight. The room was spacious, clean, quiet and the had the most amazing complimentary Asian apples- yum! My new favourite in Montreal

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank NBrunswicker
Beth M, Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the great comments you shared with the trip advisor community.

We`re very glad to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We do pride ourselves in attention to detail and we are happy about how much you enjoyed the complimentary eska water bottles and the Asian pears.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Montreal
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Spent a weekend at the St-Martin and had a nice time. Check-in was smooth and efficient and room was large and beautiful. Bathroom had a huge soaking tub with flat screen tv and a private shower. We had booked a room with a fireplace which turned out to be somewhat of a gimmick electrical unit... That said, room was very nice. We only ate breakfast at the hotel's bistro and that was so so. Overall, I would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MontrealMot
Dear Guest,

We will be sure to pass on your good comments to the front desk staff in regards to your check in process. We have quite a few rooms with the fireplace, they`re quite popular since they add a nice ambiance to the room.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and we hope to see you again in the future!