“Elegant and reasonably priced meal”
Review of Bistro Duo.D - CLOSED

Bistro Duo.D
Price range: US$16 - US$27
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Sud-Ouest (Southwest District)
Description: Authentique bistro de quartier. Ambiance conviviale. Des produits vrais et fais maison. Votre meilleur ami epicurien et sa femme vous recoivent chez eux pour une bonne bouffe.
Reviewed 22 April 2012

On our last night in Montreal, we were fortunate to find this wonderful bistro through trip advisor. It's an owner run intimate restaurant with 5 star food prepared and served to perfection. We had the smoked salmon (Saumon fume maison) and a pate appetizer (Mousse de Foie de Volaille) that were both delicious. The wine was excellent as well. There was no pressure to eat quickly and we were encouraged to relax and enjoy each course. You can watch teh chef prepare your meal. We had the duck (Confit De Canard) and the chicken with mustard sauce for entrees. Both were excellently prepared. For desert we shared a creme brulee coffee. This restaurant is a spotless and welcoming near the old section of Montreal. The experience was delightful and the service could not have been any better. HIGHLY recommended.! If you are looking for a fantastic meal in Montreal - you could not do any better than Bistro Duo D!

Reviewed 18 April 2012

A short walk from downtown or Old Montreal, this restaurant is worth the trip. Personal and friendly service, great food, and good wine.
All super yummy.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

If you are the sort of person who enjoys epicurean delights beyond superb at extremely affordable prices, make sure to plan an evening at Bistro Duo.D in Montreal. My husband and I recently stopped in on a Thursday evening and our taste buds were awakened by a true chef, Phillippe. Chef Ramsey could learn a few things from Chef Phillippe!

Being a true lover of great food, I was torn between the Pâté de foie gras or the French Onion Soup as an appetizer. While deciding which one I wanted, I also noted the Steak tartare was offered as an entree. Oh my !!, decisions, decisions. The lovely Catherine presented me with an offer I could not refuse! I was given a smaller serving of each of the Pâté de foie gras as well as the Steak tartare along with the Onion Soup! I was then able to choose my entree which was one of the best prepare Steaks I have ever encountered. My husband chose for his appetizer the Escargot and Pan Seared Trout for the entree. We chose a delightful Abruzzo wine from the gracious wine list to accent our meal.
After being taken to heaven with this delectable dining experience, we were naturally offered dessert. I chose the Chocolate Mousse and my husband decided upon a Pain Perdu au pommes. To say that these desserts were made in heaven would not do justice to them. They were beyond heavenly if that is possible.
The Mousse was light and airy and yet deeply flavored and the Pain Perdu au pommes was one of the best apple desserts we have ever tasted, all prepared by Chef Phillippe.
All in all one of the most delightful evenings we have had in quite sometime. Great service. great Food. Great People, what else can you ask for! Catherine and Phillipe will make your evening one to remember and you will not require a bank loan to enjoy it!

If you are in the Montreal area, we highly recommend Bistro Duo.D for your dining pleasure and if you are planning a visit to Montreal, do not miss this experience.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

My wife and I were looking for a French Bistro with local flavors and personable service. We found it at Duo D which is owned and operated by this husband and wife team in a southwest Montreal neighborhood. Lovely, reasonably priced and this couple aims to please. Don't pass if you are in Montreal!!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I walked in off the street at 5.30 on a Wednesday night in search of something to eat before a meeting. What a treat! Short menu, reasonably priced, nice service. I sat at the bar and was offered an ameuse geule of cod brandade with some tasty bread. The waitress asked if I wanted something to read whist I was waiting as everything is cooked to order. I had the confit canard which was perfectly cooked-crisp skin, tender, moist flesh- sitting on 3 disks of crisp potatoes balanced with a simple, well dressed green salad. Classic bistro cooking. I need to go back!

2  Thank Beenmostplaces