“Reviews are all accurate”
Review of Loft Hotel

Loft Hotel
Ranked #83 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Vancouver, Canada
“Reviews are all accurate”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel last night and I can say that all of the reviews that I have read have been very accurate. The hotel is in a great location, the rooms (lofts) are very large with modern furniture but the noise is definitely present as you are able to hear all the parties at 3am. If you are looking for exceptional service then look further because you will not get it here. The staff were friendly but you are given the minimum. My sense of this place in general is looks good from a far but if you start looking too closely you will notice that the hallways are dark and not very clean, paint chipping, furniture damage..etc. I got a steal of a rate by booking via a discount site and not through the hotel directly and were told there would be breakfast included with the stay. There is absolutely no breakfast included. Was told that breakfast is served from 0630 - 1030. Coffee, toast and expired yogurt was available in the lobby with no amenities to sit. Parking, valet, room service is not existent in this hotel but you do have your own kitchenette so I advise on bringing your own food (which we did). The AC worked really well (too well) because we ended up turning it off as it got very cold. It was a good experience overall but I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Higher floor is recommended
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was pleasantly impressed with the Loft Hotel in the heart of the Latin Quarter. I needed a last minute hotel close to the Plateau area of town and didn't want to have to rent a car, so the location was perfect. By calling the hotel directly I got a great price and a very large loft style room. The service was great and the room was furnished well and the bed was very comfortable. That said you have to feel comfortable in a vast space, warm and cozy it isn't. I would certainly recommend this hotel if your looking for this part of town.

Room Tip: Well the only negatives with my room that could be different in others is the crappy internet signal...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David K
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here one night, because I needed to extend my trip, and my original hotel didn't have any vacancies. This place was great! It has been renovated recently; the staff was friendly and helpful; and you cannot beat the location as far as local restaurants and shops. I am definitely staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sayre432
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Grand Prix weekend. I was a tad worried at first as I read some not so favourable reviews but I was happy with my stay. First ask for a room on a higher floor that is accessed by the new elevator(thanks to the reviews) the person at the counter changed my room with any issues.

My room itself was large, open and had a nice large window. The bed was comfortable and off in its own little area.

The counter space in the bathroom was non existent and I could not find the controls for the AC unit. Luckily I have the same unit at my house and was able to operate manually after standing on a chair.

For those wondering about noise well you should know that you'll be staying near 3 busy streets and between plateau mont royal/ quartier Latin which are busy night life spots. I don't suggest sleeping with the window open unless you enjoy the "soothing" sound of police sirens and revellers. Not the hotels fault but be aware.

Give this place a shot it's a cool concept and sure beats staying at a usual chain

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Gregst3r
new york
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The room I had was larger than my 2 bedroom apartment in NY. It was a REAL loft with a full kitchen. The location is great, right on Rue St. Denis. The rates are fantastic.
As others have mentioned, the only downside of this hotel is the noise. Because the rooms are so huge, people rent them out for parties and there is also an event space attached to the hotel which has loud parties. If you want peace and quiet, do not stay here on a Friday or Saturday night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Quebeck, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is an amazing place to stay while visiting Montreal.
The LOFT 612 was perfect for me and my wife. The room was very clean and Ithe service was excelent. I travel alot around Canada and I can say that the service of this hotel is compare to a 5 star hotel, Sincé I booked the room I got a confirmation letter by email. When we arrived we were invited to have a coffe while we wait for our room cause we arrived 3 hours before check'in time, taxi was on time for the airport etc... Amazing service, beatiful place. No more to say.
Thanks to all the staff !!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank miguel a
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I am sitting here at almost 1:00am and can hear at least two parties with club level sound systems playing in rooms less than a few doors away. I have just complained to the management and have been told they cannot do anything as "events" are allowed to go on until 3:00am.
Unable to sleep I felt compelled to write and let other potential guests know what they may be in for during a friday or saturday night. This also happened yesterday - Friday. It also happened last weekend and I was told they would keep the noise well away from guests this weekend.
Unless you are happy with thumping bass at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning I would advise steering well clear of this place.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Nick P

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels