“Wondeful all-around experience!”

Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: Waverly
Description: A perfect small and cozy atmosphere is found at La Khaima, complementing the rich Moroccan and African menu featured here. Relax on pillows and sit on carpet for an authentic experience that includes dishes of couscous, soups, stews and tajines, a selection of which changes daily.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wondeful all-around experience!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I ate at La Khaima with a group of 7 people. We had a great time! The food was delicious and filling. We sat at a low table on shared couches and paired with an original and inviting decor, the experience was fun and memorable! The service was impeccable; the staff are very welcoming and friendly. I look forward to going there again!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Nad0707

Montreal, Canada
“Like being in the Desert”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We were seated and had a good table.The owner and chef came over to great us and asked if we wanted to see a menu.
I said that I would leave it in his hands.
He said that we would start with 3 goodies served on one plate. There was an eggplant dish, a squash and vegetables.
The was served and we had lots of time to talk and enjoy.
We then received a dish with 3 things on it. There were vegtables, cooked, along with lamb, in a sweet tasty sauce plus chicken in another sauce.
We did receive a basket with pita. There were forks and spoons to eat with and were were each given a side plate.
We were given a sweet dessert and then sweet mint tea.

• Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Atigh is great, his food pretty good”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Loved Atigh (the owner), his charming personality and manner were amazing... he is like a one-man crew running the restaurant! I liked most of his dishes, but while I appreciated the effort that went into using fine grain couscous for his dishes instead of the larger medium grain, the bad part was there was less of it to eat! Flavours were still very good!

Visited August 2013
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The previous person says the portion is small for 60$. But the 2 of us pay 50$ and walk out full. The decoration and atmosphere of this restaurant are very good. The owner/waiter is friendly and takes the time to explain the dishes to us. Food is tasty. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
Laval, Canada
“Terrible”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was very disappointed by this restaurant. As an arab myself, I have had lots of experience with specific tastes that resemble Mauritanian food but this was far less than what I expected. I bought a coupon for a total worth of 60$ of food and I was served one plate of appetizer, one main plate, one baklava and a cup of tea. SERIOUSLY ??? The portions were too small for two people plus the utensils are dirty and the place was not appealing at all. I was having a hard time with the waiter who did not understand why I was claiming a bill for the taxes and tips. PLUS he was arguing that I did not pay enough tips when I had the worst experience in a restaurant. I would never step foot in that place again !!!

• Visited August 2013